Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game Bye: Bye @ Lions Thread

U can?t be so delusional that u thin the lions have a shot at the wildcard, do you?

Time will tell. 9-8 I think could do it this year. So would need 8-4 (sweeping the Packers, sweeping the Bears, revenge on the Vikings at Ford Field, beating Carolina, Jacksonville) is 8 wins. So I guess Miami would have to be the 9th.

at Dallas, at Giants, at Jets, Bills sure don't look like wins right now based on how those teams are playing with 3 on the road. Crazy how the Jets and Giants look like "tough" games now. They were almost slam dunk wins coming into the season.

They were helped this past weekend was the main point though not sure they could pull it off.

Last edited:
Time will tell. 9-8 I think could do it this year. So would need 8-4 (sweeping the Packers, sweeping the Bears, revenge on the Vikings at Ford Field, beating Carolina, Jacksonville) is 8 wins. So I guess Miami would have to be the 9th.

at Dallas, at Giants, at Jets, Bills sure don't look like wins right now based on how those teams are playing with 3 on the road. Crazy how the Jets and Giants look like "tough" games now. They were almost slam dunk wins coming into the season.

They were helped this past weekend was the main point though not sure they could pull it off.

Thanks for the laugh.

"They were helped this past weekend was the main point though not sure they could pull it off."

You guys need reading glasses I think

DJ Chark not practicing with possible structural damage in his ankle. Welp another injury risk possibly backfiring.

"They were helped this past weekend was the main point though not sure they could pull it off."

You guys need reading glasses I think

we can read...we just know that the Lions suck and even with some of the teams ahead of them lose, they aren't making the playoffs.

we can read...we just know that the Lions suck and even with some of the teams ahead of them lose, they aren't making the playoffs.

I never said that would. But they were helped during the bye. That was the fact

I say the Lions finish 6-6. What do you think?

It really is hard to say. I think they are probably a little better than the Bears and Carolina. Let's say they get 1 or 2 wins out of those 3 games.

@ Dallas, Miami, GB = 1 win
@ Giants, Bills, Jax = 1 win
MN, @Jets, @GB = 1 win

I see 4 or 5 wins left. It's the Lions, so I will say 4-8

Isn't that what you would want from an owner......being all in on the coach?

Regardless of whether you think DC is the right guy for the job or not, I'd rather have an owner that backs the coach and gets him what he feels he needs to win.

The Fords are nearly universally liked by their former coaches/GM's/players......they just make some really bad coaching hires and are too loyal.

Maybe that makes for a bad owner. Probably.

So you are wrong in saying that it is not a possibility. Glad that is cleared up

30. Detroit Lions (1-4)

Week 5 ranking: 25

Chance to make the playoffs: 0.7%
Chance to win their division: 0.1%

Let's be real: From a talent perspective, this team doesn't have a lot of game-changing players on defense. And through four weeks, the Lions accomplished something that no other team in league history had done since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger when they led the NFL in points per game while ranking last in points per game allowed. That's a problem! Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn says they struggle with consistency and defending the red zone. Also, Glenn feels the interior defense has been solid, but the Lions are now focusing on improving the perimeter defense -- mainly in the secondary. There's a lot of work to be done and the coaches are taking accountability, but securing a postseason spot (for the first time since 2016) is far in the distance. -- Eric Woodyard

I see the 49ers traded 4 draft picks for Christian McCaffrey. 2023 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and a 2024 5th. Seems like a lot.

Back