Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

GameDay Will Indeed be at East Lansing Saturday

tinselwolverine

Seen it on TV.

So good.

Herbie won?t be calling the game so he can make a prediction.

I saw the line opened with Michigan as the favorite, I was a little surprised.

Last edited:
The Fox pregame show is going to be there as well. I'm not surprised Michigan is favored. All of the computer rankings like them a lot more than MSU because strength of schedule favors UM.

Would that this rivalry were more about promoting a brotherhood rather than a devolution into this toxic internecine conflict.

Would that this rivalry were more about promoting a brotherhood rather than a devolution into this toxic internecine conflict.

Agreed. Something where there is respect before and after the game, and during the game the players battle. Not quite like Army/Navy/Air Force... but closer to that than what it has been devolving into.

I?d like to see the losing team present the Paul Bunyan Trophy to the winner on the 50 yard line in the event that it needs to change hands.

I?d like to see the losing team present the Paul Bunyan Trophy to the winner on the 50 yard line in the event that it needs to change hands.

In the tradition of the Ancient Spartans, they will solemnly walk it out to us on a burning couch.

vegasinsider.com said it opened at uofm -2 and was at -4 yesterday, -4.5 today. Trend has shifted to 43% giving points 57% taking.

Last edited:
I wonder if the game is going to be a close-scoring, back-and-forth affair, or it's going to look like one team was clearly overrated and finally ran into a brick wall?

I think they look like the shakier team offensively, so I think if anyone struggles, it's more likely to be them... BUUUUUT... I'm worried after that Northwestern TD we gave up that we might give up a couple long TDs early and then fall apart under pressure for a quarter or two, and get buried under an insurmountable deficit.

And the situation with people clamoring for Harbaugh to start JJ instead of McNamara won't help the latter's confidence.

I wonder if the game is going to be a close-scoring, back-and-forth affair, or it's going to look like one team was clearly overrated and finally ran into a brick wall?

I think they look like the shakier team offensively, so I think if anyone struggles, it's more likely to be them... BUUUUUT... I'm worried after that Northwestern TD we gave up that we might give up a couple long TDs early and then fall apart under pressure for a quarter or two, and get buried under an insurmountable deficit.

And the situation with people clamoring for Harbaugh to start JJ instead of McNamara won't help the latter's confidence.

I don't know who JJ is but if your line can protect, either one of them can throw for 300+ against our secondary. We play 15yds off the line every play and still give up deep balls to open receivers.

I don't know who JJ is but if your line can protect, either one of them can throw for 300+ against our secondary. We play 15yds off the line every play and still give up deep balls to open receivers.

that's good.

JJ McCarthy is a freshman, former 5-star recruit who rotates in for a few plays every week. He's quick and can run the read-option effectively, or throw a deep ball, but is not tested beyond that. Nevertheless a lot of Michigan fans want Harbaugh to bench McNamara (ignoring the 7-0 start he's lead us to, team chemistry, and the near fumble by JJ against Rutgers that could have cost us the game) and just play the freshman.

edit: the near fumble was against Nebraska, not Rutgers, and was teh play before Moody kicked the game winning FG. Terrible judgment by McCarthy on the run, but he is a freshman...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Freep article just says ?it?s very rare.?

I can?t find any other data on it so far.

According to this from SB NATION, it?s been twice - just earlier this season, September 25, ND v WISC (game was played in Chicago), and in 2019, PSU v OSU, NOV 23 at Columbus.

That said, site coverage for Big Noon Kickoff is a pretty new, according to what I?ve come across.

That play was a breakdown that we've not seen very often from the defense. I'm not going to say it won't happen again but it's going to happen to even the best defenses on occasion. Considering NW managed 25 yards on their other 21 carries in that game and that back gained 6 yards on his other 5,I'm not terribly afraid that the run defense is breaking down so much as a couple of guys had a brain fart.

Michigan should win this game. But we all know how that goes, especially in EL.

According to this from SB NATION, it?s been twice - just earlier this season, September 25, ND v WISC (game was played in Chicago), and in 2019, PSU v OSU, NOV 23 at Columbus.

That said, site coverage for Big Noon Kickoff is a pretty new, according to what I?ve come across.

it's the first time they've both been there for MSU/uofm and the first time they both been at MSU at the same time. It's a couple firsts even if it's not THE first!

Would that this indulgence into our lizard-brained tribalistic tendencies allow us to get it out of our systems and teach us to recognize it in ourselves when we apply this thinking to politics.

Back