Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

GB vs SEA

661956126.jpg

Last edited:
And I know its no holds barred on a play like that but that offensive interference was beyond blatant.

The whole thing was disgusting. How the Packer players/coaches kept their cool is beyond me. Professionalism at it's best...hats off to them.

1. You got a guy (Tate) who shoves a Packer defender - NO call
2. You clearly see the Packer defender (Jennings) catch the ball, bring it to his chest and they all fall to the ground. Meanwhile, Tates hands are somewhat on the ball.
3. You have 2 refs making opposite calls after the fact. One waving his hands saying "touchback", meaning it was intercepted and another bozo calling it a TD
4. They go to replay and you figure no way on Earth they could rule this a TD
5. Come back from replay and call it a TD? lol

Are you fn kidding me? Whew....glad it happened to the Packers, but this needs to stop immediately. The game is getting out of control and these particular refs can't handle what's going on. It's too obvious now.

Last edited:
Wana know whats more ridiculous than that last call. Scoring 12 points. Refs, no refs, retarded refs....w/e....score 12 points you deserve to lose.

Last edited:
This call is reminiscent of the Bernie Carbo, Elrod Hendricks, Ken Burkhart fiasco at home plate in Game 1 of the 1970 WS.

What is wrong with offenses this year? Saints having some problems, Packers, Lions, Chargers, Carolina, Dallas, etc. These teams had explosive high scoring offenses last year and this year its just blah

Chargers sucked last year, Cowboys oline is awful, Packers oline looked bad last night and their wr were being punked off the line...

Is it wrong that I find it funny because the Pack finally got screwed. A few Pack fans have laughed at me when I complain about the Lions getting screwed. So it did make me smile just because its the Pack.

I hate the Packers just as much as anybody, but this needs to be reversed and GB should be awarded the win. GB defense plays a great game only to be screwed at the end, that is wrong. If the officials arent back this week then we will all know how much the owners really care for the game.

I hate the Packers just as much as anybody, but this needs to be reversed and GB should be awarded the win. GB defense plays a great game only to be screwed at the end, that is wrong. If the officials arent back this week then we will all know how much the owners really care for the game.

They'll not going to do that. And suckiness or not the owners won't just cave and it doesn't mean they don't care. Dumbest excuse ever.

Wana know whats more ridiculous than that last call. Scoring 12 points. Refs, no refs, retarded refs....w/e....score 12 points you deserve to lose.

Deserve to lose? That's idiotic. Why did they deserve to lose? Because they're the Packers and they should score 30+ points a game? Give me a fn break.

Listen, i'm glad it happened to the Packers, but it was a horrific call to say the least. The replacement refs FUCKED UP BIG TIME. Now, their poor refereeing is affecting the outcomes of games. It has to stop and stop immediately because it's going to get worse.

not sure how horrible it can be when numerous guys are saying it was legit call due to the process of the catch rule and tie goes to the receiver. i'm thinking they actually got the call right when looked at from that perspective. plus, gotta remember this is a bang-bang play and refs kinda had to go over after the guys were on the ground. seeing both players with possession, they have to rule it a tie and therefore a TD instead of INT.

jennings messed it up. he was first to touch it and instead of securing the catch he allowed tate to come in. he could have swatted it down instead of trying to catch it. he could have done a volleyball-esque move and bumped it hard enough to go out of bounds. he could have twisted his body to rip it completely free of tate. instead he allowed tate to work his way in and create benefit of the doubt and the refs had to call it a TD at that point. anytime there is benefit of the doubt, it goes to the WR...whether the refs are replacement or regular.

furthermore, i've seen numerous players and former refs today who said in that situation the refs never call PI on the jump ball because there is always PI on those plays. taking that into account, the viewpoints of the refs, tate creating benefit of the doubt, i think the replacement refs are getting lynched over this because people are so upset about all their prior mistakes and the pot is boiling over to where they make a judgment call same as the regular refs would have made, yet the mob grabs the short rope and map to the shortest tree without realizing the regular refs would have likely made the same call and the same hysteria would have resulted.

as i've said before, the regular refs are not perfect and i think people need to realize the exact same call would have quite probably been made with the regular refs officiating.

Also not mentioned much is the fact that there wasn't a single ref at that end of the end zone, neither one of them got over there for a good many seconds, why the hell were they so out of position on that?

Billionaire owners wanting to keep more money... Go figure...LOL

It's not just that. The only real money issue is the pension. I agree with them on that....no way do part time officails deserve a pension which puts all the risk on the NFL. The NFL is willing to convert it to a 401k type of retirement AND the refs don't even have to contribute....the NFL will do all of the contributions.

Anyway....the main issue is accountablity of the refs. The NFL wants to hire 7 full time officials and add 19 more traditional part timers. They want to have the authority to hold the officials accountable for poor officiating, being out of shape etc. The union doesn't want that.....they want to keep it in house. Right now the regulars were getting $4K-$8K a game depending on seniority. The NFL's proposal will have them making about $200K a year with an additional $20K a year paid into the 401k type program by the NFL. Not bad for a part time job!

My bottom line: Lots of clap trap about the refs. OK, they've made mistakes. Did no one watch the Steelers-Seattle game @ Ford Field back a few years? So you know, I was pulling for Pittsburgh...but...come ON! The media & pols and god knows who are going crazy, yet I vividly remember getting hosed by the refs in ChiTown and several other times we were blindsided by the zebras. OK, these guys may suck. I'm just tired of hearing how great the regular crews were. It's a difficult game to ref. I know. I reffed HS varsity games years ago and believe me, it's a tough game and sometimes dangerous. But all the screaming merely has me laughing. Yesterday may seem so far away, but it's more pleasant and today seems easier to swallow if one views history with rose colored glasses.

"jennings messed it up. he was first to touch it and instead of securing the catch he allowed tate to come in. he could have swatted it down instead of trying to catch it. he could have done a volleyball-esque move and bumped it hard enough to go out of bounds. he could have twisted his body to rip it completely free of tate. instead he allowed tate to work his way in and create benefit of the doubt and the refs had to call it a TD at that point. anytime there is benefit of the doubt, it goes to the WR...whether the refs are replacement or regular."

and I agree with zyxt9 on this. Somehow, while I can see howling, methinks the media & Cheeseheads would be quieter if the regs were in. Well, the media, anyway.

Don't even try to compare these guys to the regulars. Much worse that's it laughable. And Tom is right, for once ;-), a pension for a part time ref - not a chance. They're greedy as hell. 401 is fair.

Simultaneous catch. It is a rule and it was probably applied incorrectly in this case but it is arguable either way. The rule itself is somewhat absurd.

It is basically the same situation as the "process". The only difference is there isn't the lure of confirmation bias around that situation.

Deserve to lose? That's idiotic. Why did they deserve to lose? Because they're the Packers and they should score 30+ points a game? Give me a fn break.

Listen, i'm glad it happened to the Packers, but it was a horrific call to say the least. The replacement refs FUCKED UP BIG TIME. Now, their poor refereeing is affecting the outcomes of games. It has to stop and stop immediately because it's going to get worse.

Theres been more outrage ONLY because these are replacement refs. Imagine if your star reciever caught a pass in the endzone then went to get up and the ground caused him to lose the ball after he finished the process of the catch and you lose the game beacuase of it. There would be outrage!....oh wait....

Shit like yesterday happens every year. The guy had a hand on the ball...theres no arguing that.... and he had his hand in there the same time jennings caught it. so if thats what the side jugde saw thats what he called. You cant determine who has possession during replay. Bad call/Good call who cares....get over it just like we were told to do when they ruled Calvin dropped it.

Last edited:
Simultaneous catch. It is a rule and it was probably applied incorrectly in this case but it is arguable either way. The rule itself is somewhat absurd.

It is basically the same situation as the "process". The only difference is there isn't the lure of confirmation bias around that situation.

It wasn't even close to a simultaneous catch. Plus they didn't even discuss it.

Back