Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Georgia in the Semis

thewolverines24

Not sure the location yet, but just got the notification that we play the Bulldogs.

I am curious about one thing with this UM team...

Do the coaches tie 1 hand behind the back of RBs, TEs, and WRs during drills every week?

I have never seen a UM team make this many 1 handed snags in a year... or even in 1 game like they did vs Iowa.

Seeing a lot of people saying that they think Georgia got a wake up call yesterday. I'm sorry, but I don't see that at all. I see the same shit I saw from Don Brown. They beat the brakes off of bad teams then get destroyed as soon as they play a great team. You're going to tell me that Georgia was able to get up for Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, UAB... But weren't prepared to play ALABAMA!?!?

And I'm also seeing a lot about how michigan is screwed because they won't be able to run the ball. Michigan has the ability to throw the ball so that's either laziness or they don't believe in Cade, but they've demonstrated an ability to throw the ball when they need to and how many more times are they going to say that Michigan won't be able to run the ball? We've heard that shit all year, yet they've managed to produce the single season TD record for a running back who split carries 50/50 for the first 8 games.

Georgia does have pretty elite TEs. And that 340 lb DT Davis in the middle. I honestly haven't watched any Georgia football outside of the game yesterday though.

I am curious about one thing with this UM team...

Do the coaches tie 1 hand behind the back of RBs, TEs, and WRs during drills every week?

I have never seen a UM team make this many 1 handed snags in a year... or even in 1 game like they did vs Iowa.

I agree with you !
Please give all the coaches raises ! We all knew we should have hired Mike Hart a few years back after how he turned Indiana?s running backs into something. Give that man a raise !
He?ll give them all a raise !

My thought on Georgia...Id be really surprised if we dominate the game with our run game. Need an X factor like Andrel Anthony to step up.

My gut instinct is: Georgia was the best possible draw.

I think they are overrated; and I don't think losing to Alabama was a wake up call for them, i.e. I don't think that loss made them a better team

I don't think Alabama is overrated; I think they're the most talented team in the game. And I don't know what Cincinnati is. UC may very well prove to be much weaker than UGA, but they're still an unknown... no one knows how they're going to perform at this level. They may get destroyed by Alabama, or they might give them a hell of a game.

Alabama may have a hard time with Cincinnati's offense. It might be a heck of a shoot out, because Bama has had issues on D all year. Bama HATES running quarterbacks.

That was kind of my point, Champ. I think they are overrated. It just reminded me of every year we heard about how amazing our defense was under Don Brown and it was when we played lesser competition, but as soon as we got to OSU with better talent we got exposed. I may be wrong but I will take this team, especially when everyone is doubting them. That's proven to be very strong motivation for them.

I don't know what to expect from Cincinnati. I think they deserve to be there and their corners are legitimate NFL corners. But the offense has been inconsistent and with the exception of the SMU game hasn't played a complete game all year. Their merging for error is going to be so small against Bama that I worry that a couple of bad series will bury them.

Honestly I think Cinci is as good as anyone else. There's no big underdogs regardless what Vegas says.

Honestly I think Cinci is as good as anyone else. There's no big underdogs regardless what Vegas says.

I guess I hope they knock Alabama off, or if not, at least give them a battle for 4 quarters and give us a lot of film to study.

Alabama's ability to just throw easy touchdown passes is the only thing that really worries me.

How much sweeter would a national championship be if they managed to beat both of the top programs in the SEC? As much as I would love to see UC get into the championship game asking them to beat Bama is a tall task. I do expect them to cover the ridiculous spread but winning outright is going to require Ridder to be more consistent than he's been at any point in his career and I just don't know that it's going to happen.

I guess I hope they knock Alabama off, or if not, at least give them a battle for 4 quarters and give us a lot of film to study.

Alabama's ability to just throw easy touchdown passes is the only thing that really worries me.

Same, but we did such a great job against OSU's WRs. I think the defensive staff will have a plan ready to avoid the huge hitters Bama seems to get every game.

Just have to get past Georgia to find out. No small task.

I like our chances with our coaching staff having three weeks to prepare. Just replace Ohio State with Georgia (or Alabama). GO BLUE!!

Back