Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Georgia in the Semis

Where I live, the SEC/ACC football pundits are calling M-GA a toss-up. They actually respect Michigan.

I've actually seen about a 35/65 split between national writers. Seems like about 1 in 3 are picking Michigan and I even saw one that predicted Michigan to win it all (the rest were Bama). Personally I'd rather nobody give them a chance and I hope Corso puts on that bulldog head because he's a curse.

I know a lot of us are still jaded by the past 20 years, but they really are that damn good of a team. They remind me of the Bama teams that won with McElroy or Mac Jones. They're loaded at the skill positions and have a talented enough defense with a scheme that is successful against any offense. Whereas UGA reminds me of the Michigan teams of the past 5 years that had a ton of defensive talent and a scheme that only works against less talented teams.

the line is still Michigan +7.5...

Gamblers, is it too early to bet? Like with 23 days to go, should I wait, to make sure no drunken arrests, injuries, holdouts, etc. jeopardize our chances?

Sagarin awarded Michigan an NC in 1973, and I?m sticking to it.

Fine.

FWIW I?ll join you in recognizing Michigan?s share of the national championship in 1973.

I don?t know how much anybody else will care, but from now on and going forward I will join you, and I?ll view it as a three-way split amongst Alabama, Notre Dame, and the University of Michigan.

the line is still Michigan +7.5...

Gamblers, is it too early to bet? Like with 23 days to go, should I wait, to make sure no drunken arrests, injuries, holdouts, etc. jeopardize our chances?

I would bet it now. If there are any drunken arrests, it will probably be Georgia players, which would likely cause the line to move down.

I think UM wins outright so I would bet the money line as well. UM is +250. bet $100 to win $250. Easy money. :tup:

C.J. Stroud insists Ohio State is better than Michigan, blames flu for loss

https://sports.yahoo.com/c-j-stroud-insists-ohio-192045873.html

seems like, win or lose, our rivals' shitty opinions take about a week and a half or two weeks to come out.

They can keep up the "good game. both teams played hard" mentality only for about that long, then they start whining, re-writing history, making excuses, etc.

We don't do that. At least I don't. If I whine and make excuses it's right away.

Georgia players keep making comments like they needed the wake up call of the Bama loss, that they need to bring it every Saturday...

...but what I don't understand is how they could remotely not have given their best against Bama. Seriously, if you are not prepared and giving your best to beat Bama in the SEC CG, then how will you be up to doing better against another team?

Stroud may be right about the flu being a factor. But it certainly wasn't the deciding factor. They also might have more talent top to bottom than Michigan, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're the better team. Game plan and coaching were the deciding factors in that game.

Stroud may be right about the flu being a factor. But it certainly wasn't the deciding factor. They also might have more talent top to bottom than Michigan, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're the better team. Game plan and coaching were the deciding factors in that game.

I would add strength of character and will power are also factors. They came in expecting to win simply because they are O$U. Their mental preparedness was subpar, and that was not due to the flu. They have a shitty mindset.

It's OK though, let UM put this on their bulletin boards, that the only reason UM won was due to O$U having the flu so that next year they will be highly motivated to produce an even bigger crushing defeat at the shoe. It has been too damn long since they beat those fuckers at their place.

Flu Symptoms
Influenza (flu) can cause mild to severe illness,
and at times can lead to death. Flu is different
from a cold. Flu usually comes on suddenly.
People who have flu often feel some or all of
these symptoms:
?
fever* or feeling feverish/chills
? cough
? sore throat
runny or stuffy nose
muscle or body aches
headaches
fatigue (tiredness)
Inability to tackle
Hassan Haskins

Stolen from Facebook ?Joshua Rinckey? posted

C.J. Stroud insists Ohio State is better than Michigan, blames flu for loss

https://sports.yahoo.com/c-j-stroud-insists-ohio-192045873.html

What a whiner.

How many times in recent years has anybody allowed Michigan to make some bullshit excuse or other about losing The Game?

Yeah, sure, the Buckeyes would have won but they had the flu.

Fine.

Our guys would have won last year - but the game was cancelled because Michigan had the flu.

Freakin? jag off.

Back