Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh Doesn't Mean What He Says

I wonder why this kid was depressed. Was it because he wasn't playing? Why would going to the Bearcats help with his depression? Because he would play more?

I'm with JH on this.

JH is advocating that a kid should not have to a.) disclose he's depressed, and b.) pretend he's depressed and tell everyone he is in order to transfer one time.

I wonder why this kid was depressed. Was it because he wasn't playing? Why would going to the Bearcats help with his depression? Because he would play more?

I'm with JH on this.

Regardless why he is depressed it's a serious issue.

People who are depressed are often the last to realize they are depressed.

This article is amazing. It complains about two-faced arguments in its first paragraph, goes on to accuse Harbaugh for several paragraphs, then sneaks this in there:
Now, let me say this. I do not believe Harbaugh is a villain here, and those who know him will tell you he has a strong record on mental health and player advocacy.

JH is advocating that a kid should not have to a.) disclose he's depressed, and b.) pretend he's depressed and tell everyone he is in order to transfer one time.

exactly

and like Coach or not for whatever reason, the guy cuts through the bullshit. He wouldn't play Colin Cowherd's game on radio, doesn't pull punches with wins or losses and really just is (weird) what he is. just change the transfer rules and incorporate contemporary issues.

Last edited:
Nah, in this instance, Jim doesn't appear to have practiced what he preached.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/skul...-trademark-application-common-word-in-english

really? sure seems like Fickell's backing down now.

His story changed from "Harbaugh and Michigan tried to hold this up" to "well, maybe that didn't do exactly that, but it's a shame these kids have other issues, and oh look, a butterfly."

some people are just not man enough to admit they were wrong and shut up.

really? sure seems like Fickell's backing down now.

His story changed from "Harbaugh and Michigan tried to hold this up" to "well, maybe that didn't do exactly that, but it's a shame these kids have other issues, and oh look, a butterfly."

some people are just not man enough to admit they were wrong and shut up.

I don't think either of them are wrong. Fickel is within his right to feel the way he does and JH doesn't have to smooth things over so the kid can play right away.

Personally, I think the hardship, portal transfer is a load of crap. If someone wants to transfer, I think they should be able to do it, but they have to sit out a year regardless. They just don't lose a year of eligibility.

Well, (the aptly named) Fickell is the one who changed his story, not Jim Harbaugh.

Who knows how it really came down? Certainly not me. And we can agree the NCAA is flawed and with plenty of warts. But why is every Tom, Dick and Harry being granted a waiver and Hudson is not? Because his name is Kahleke? Not likely. More likely because he was short-stopped in some way.

Then the EW writer fantasized over a never-to-occur cage-death match between Fickle (sic) and JH where Fickle (sic) would "fold Harbaugh like a pretzel" if "given the opportunity." This, he knows somehow.

Many O$U supporters ain't very smart.

Who knows how it really came down? Certainly not me. And we can agree the NCAA is flawed and with plenty of warts. But why is every Tom, Dick and Harry being granted a waiver and Hudson is not? Because his name is Kahleke? Not likely. More likely because he was short-stopped in some way.

Why are you whining about a player who transferred to Cincinnati?

Why are you whining about a player who transferred to Cincinnati?

Not whining, Byco. Pointing out perceived hypocrisy on the part of JH.

I could be wrong here. Willing to admit that. But it's somehow weird that Khaleke gets snubbed during a period in which the majority of kids are not. No? And while I don't know the numbers, my sense is that it's becoming the vast majority.

Last edited:
Back