Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh NFL Rumors

thewolverines24

Here we go again. The Athletic had an article yesterday saying if Harbaugh gets a NFL offer, he's gone. John U. Bacon backs it up.

John U. Bacon
@Johnubacon
From very good sources: the possibility of Harbaugh leaving for the NFL is real. Could even happen fast.
NOTHING FINAL, but IF he goes, it would not be because of money, NIL, control, or just about anything regarding UM, but his growing frustration with college football itself.

Well I didn?t think he would leave but now I?m not so sure.

Harbaugh moves to the beat of his own drummer. How many times have pundits, the peanut gallery or even supposed "insiders" claimed he was going to do something, only for it to be later revealed that he had no intention of doing it, or their take on it was completely wrong?

I don't know if he's going to leave or not, but I'm not going to worry about it until there's an official announcement from the Michigan Ath Dept.

I don't know why you would trade a national championship frontrunner for the Broncos. They have salary cap issues due to their QB, who sucks and is locked in for years. They don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick this year, didn't have a 1st or 2nd last year.

I get that losing a super bowl by inches to your brother is the kind of thing that would eat at you. But considering Michigan is going to enter next year as a top 3 team and with probably the 3rd or 4th best odds to win a national championship, I don't know why you'd go to just any organization, let alone one that's almost assuredly fucked for the next 5 years. There will be NFL jobs next year and they likely won't all be such shitty jobs.

Espn reporting that Jim and Panthers owner have "discussed" the Panthers job. Not characterized as an interview. So sounds like there's a serious possibility that he leaves.

Espn reporting that Jim and Panthers owner have "discussed" the Panthers job. Not characterized as an interview. So sounds like there's a serious possibility that he leaves.

If he wanted to stay he'd say so. You don't interview unless you want to go.

I don't know why you would trade a national championship frontrunner for the Broncos. They have salary cap issues due to their QB, who sucks and is locked in for years. They don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick this year, didn't have a 1st or 2nd last year.

I get that losing a super bowl by inches to your brother is the kind of thing that would eat at you. But considering Michigan is going to enter next year as a top 3 team and with probably the 3rd or 4th best odds to win a national championship, I don't know why you'd go to just any organization, let alone one that's almost assuredly fucked for the next 5 years. There will be NFL jobs next year and they likely won't all be such shitty jobs.

Maybe he?s had it with the myopic, ungrateful and misguided Michigan fan base.

I know I would be.

This may ruffle some feathers but maybe It?s probably time to move on to a new coach who really wants to be at Michigan. Wish him well thank him for the last 2 seasons and find a younger coach. Idk I?m just getting tired for the off seasons and the subpar recruiting classes after 2 big ten titles and back to back final four appearances. Plus maybe Michigan needs another way to prepare for bowl games. Because Jim?s way appears worse then Bo?s right now.

This may ruffle some feathers but maybe It?s probably time to move on to a new coach who really wants to be at Michigan. Wish him well thank him for the last 2 seasons and find a younger coach. Idk I?m just getting tired for the off seasons and the subpar recruiting classes after 2 big ten titles and back to back final four appearances. Plus maybe Michigan needs another way to prepare for bowl games. Because Jim?s way appears worse then Bo?s right now.

Maybe.

I?m not very confident the next coach is going to do better, regardless of his age.

Also, subpar or not, there is no recruiting class after back to back final four appearances.

The appearance was four days ago.

Coaches have to not only win championships, but also grovel before our fanbase, tearfully telling us how much they want to coach Michigan... or they should be FIRED.

I'm getting a little tired of hearing about this Harbaugh guy... they oughta fire him, and hire a guy who's quiet. We need a meek coach, who nobody wants to read or write about.

Maybe.

I?m not very confident the next coach is going to do better, regardless of his age.

Also, subpar or not, there is no recruiting class after back to back final four appearances.

The appearance was four days ago.

You know what I mean. Look at how many Five stars a Alabama, Osu and Georgia have compared to Michigan. Jim was in Minnesota on national signing day last season. After last year I thought we would get a real big bump in recruiting but it just didn?t happen. It really
Is frustrating. Just look at Michigan?s running back room. We had a converted linebacker fumble on a critical play.

You know what I mean. Look at how many Five stars a Alabama, Osu and Georgia have compared to Michigan. Jim was in Minnesota on national signing day last season. After last year I thought we would get a real big bump in recruiting but it just didn?t happen. It really
Is frustrating. Just look at Michigan?s running back room. We had a converted linebacker fumble on a critical play.

Yeah, well almost surely Harbaugh?s gone so there?s that. Also Alabama didn?t make the CFP this season and Michigan pounded OSU in the Shoe this season, so there?s that.

I don?t know where Harbaugh was national signing day, but it didn?t prevent Michigan from having an undefeated regular season and winning a second Big Ten championship in a row.

I don?t know that where Harbaugh was on signing day last year had anything to do with the poor performance in the semi final this year. Certainly the poor showing falls somewhat on Harbaugh and the rest of the coaching staff, but also the whole team. Also, it wasn?t my semi final championship game to lose, it was theirs. I didn?t work hard all season to achieve it; I just sat on my ass and watched.

I?m not confident that Harbaugh?s successor is going to be better than Harbaugh.

I wasn?t confident that Lloyd Carr?s successor was going to be better than Lloyd.

Turns out I was right about that.

There's a difference between a sour grapes response and a rational response. I don't get the whole "Warde should fire him now" response but I also don't necessarily disagree about if he's going to leave hopefully it's asap so a replacement can be hired asap. They can't afford another recruiting cycle like this past year if they want to maintain the standard they've set, let alone take the next step by winning a national championship.

Source: Unnamed.

A report from no one saying that someone said something to someone else about something carries no degree of "seriousness" to me.

Last edited:
Source: Unnamed.

A report from no one saying that someone said something to someone else about something carries no degree of "seriousness" to me.

There is only one sensible decision: fire Harbaugh & hire a coach nobody else wants. We never had to worry about RichRod leaving for the NFL. Just sayin...

Back