Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh NFL Rumors

okay, but what did you think about the point of my post?

as far as him being greedy?

To me he doesn't seem like the type to chase money, but he isn't an idiot, and would leverage outside interest to get himself some more money.

The Broncos are purportedly paying Sean Payton "in the neighborhood of $18MM" annually to be their next coach. By all accounts, they reached out to Harbaugh twice.

Sean Payton is a good coach, no doubt, but 7-9 without Drew Brees (who is retired now), and was unemployed. Not like they hired him away from anyone. Presumably Harbaugh would've made at least that from them, if not more.

Harbaugh's current total compensation is around $7.3 MM per year.

If he was about money, why wouldn't he just take the Denver job for over twice his current salary, rather than "leveraging a better deal from uofm" to get a small percentage increase?

is he greedy but not that greedy?

Harbaugh is not likely to get Sean Payton money - Payton wins or at least doesn?t get embarrassed in big games. the Broncos were probably bargain shopping or maybe using harbaugh as leverage to get Payton cheaper. I doubt they offered Harbaugh much more than uofm did which would be a big reason why he?s still at uofm. The fact that he can?t get Sean Payton money doesn?t disprove that he was maximizing his value - just like everyone else.

Last edited:
Harbaugh is not likely to get Sean Payton money - Payton wins or at least doesn?t get embarrassed in big games. the Broncos were probably bargain shopping or maybe using harbaugh as leverage to get Payton cheaper. I doubt they offered Harbaugh much more than uofm did which would be a big reason why he?s still at uofm. The fact that he can?t get Sean Payton money doesn?t disprove that he was maximizing his value - just like everyone else.

Harbaugh is 44-19 in the NFL. Which is the apple you need to compare to the other apple, not to the scuffed-up Spartan helmet that bounced off the Michigan tunnel last fall. Or to a cinder block.

Whatever you doubt in this instance is random speculation.

Last edited:
Harbaugh is 44-19 in the NFL. Which is the apple you need to compare to the other apple, not to the scuffed-up Spartan helmet that bounced off the Michigan tunnel last fall. Or to a cinder block.

Whatever you doubt in this instance is random speculation.

there's a bit more than nfl records under consideration - there's more than one apple in the bushel.

Last edited:
Back