Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Illinois

I’m worried about Jackson.. the kid just can’t seem to find his shot.

I mean i watch Illinois a few times and they didn’t play this good.

Ouch! Well, they are human. Really stunk it up tonight. Hope it gets them to realize that they can get beat badly and motivates them never to play like that again. They are better than this.

I honestly feel after tonight's games, the tourney #1 seeds should have Zags, Baylor, WVU, and Illinois. UM did not show anything tonight that warrants them being a #1 seed and Illinois a 2. If it had been close, sure...but not after watching that.

I honestly feel after tonight's games, the tourney #1 seeds should have Zags, Baylor, WVU, and Illinois. UM did not show anything tonight that warrants them being a #1 seed and Illinois a 2. If it had been close, sure...but not after watching that.

Well earning a 1 seed isn't based on one game.

Illinois was already being projected as a #1 seed going into the game.

Maybe what happened tonight will effect the outcome of the seedings, maybe not.

There?s still a lot more ball yet to be played before the seedings are determined, and a lot of ball that was played before.

Crazy how you're going to use a loss to Illinois to keep Michigan off a 1 line but ignore losses to Rutgers, Maryland, and MSU to put Illinois on a 1 line.

Unless this was the first game you've watched all season, I don't see how you can come to that conclusion.

Crazy how you're going to use a loss to Illinois to keep Michigan off a 1 line but ignore losses to Rutgers, Maryland, and MSU to put Illinois on a 1 line.

Unless this was the first game you've watched all season, I don't see how you can come to that conclusion.

Again, Illinois was already projected a 1 line going into the game.

Therefore, this game won’t put Illinois on 1 line where they already were anyway.

There is more ball to be played.

Maybe both M and Illini will be 1 lines, maybe neither will, maybe one will and one won’t.

Last edited:
Again, Illinois was already projected a 1 line going into the game.

Therefore, this game won?t put Illinois on 1 line where they already were anyway.

There is more ball to be played.

Maybe both M and Illini will be 1 lines, maybe neither will, maybe one will and one won?t.

Yeah, I get that. That doesn't take away from the point he was trying to make which is absurd to me.

I'm well aware there is more ball to be played before Selection Sunday. That doesn't mean all conversation about who is projected to be where should stop until then. If we followed that logic then every board here would be as dead as the MSU board.

Yeah, I get that. That doesn't take away from the point he was trying to make which is absurd to me.

I'm well aware there is more ball to be played before Selection Sunday. That doesn't mean all conversation about who is projected to be where should stop until then. If we followed that logic then every board here would be as dead as the MSU board.

Ha, ha, funny.

I was more re-iterating the response to zyxt I had made couple posts back, responding to the same post you were responding to.

Hence the use of the word ?again.?

I don?t think zyxt was aware that Illinois WAS projected a #1 seed before the game began.

So I provided a corroborating link.

If Illinois doesn?t end up a 1 seed, it will be because of something going forward - they?re a projected 1 seed, as they were before the game, and are now in the position to maintain that, or fail to do so - as the Buckeyes failed to do; but will have their chance to regain.

Hope that clears everything up.

Chill out people...I was talking about CURRENT projections. And it is based as much on how well WVU played taking Baylor to OT. Seems a complete blowout to Illinois coupled with very legit chance WVU had to win vs Baylor should result in new CURRENT tourney projections where UM is a 2 seed.

Take your anger out on someone else. Nothing I said was without merit and supported by what happened with Minny game, poor performance vs Indiana despite blowing them out, and complete shitshow last night. The seedings take into account how teams are trending, which is all I am doing.

Sounds like the guys just didn't have energy last night while Illinois brought it. Fatigue might be starting to catch up to them if they're getting outrebounded so badly and shots aren't falling.

No time to get worked up just yet. Illinois is a very good team, and in a college basketball season you're going to invariably have a couple stinkers. It sucks but moving on.

Last edited:
Back