Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs IU

Well it would have been more fun to win those games then lose them. I hurts just as bad today as yesterday when we blow games we should win. Been way to many of those the past two seasons under Howard. frustrating as hell.

Oh yeah. Misunderstood. I thought you were alluding to the arbitrary rules the NCAA throws out. I still think UM should tell the NCAA to eat a bag of dicks and hang the Fab Five Final Four banners.

Well Michigan made it tougher on themselves. Have to Face Rutgers in btt opener.

Last edited:
Frustrating they can't seem to win much with Jett in the lineup and I do not understand playing Will T. All those minutes. Feels like the lead evaporated in the second half when he came on the floor.

Oh yeah. Misunderstood. I thought you were alluding to the arbitrary rules the NCAA throws out. I still think UM should tell the NCAA to eat a bag of dicks and hang the Fab Five Final Four banners.

Why not?

It?s our own god damn arena, right?

I went to high school across the street from that arena.

I literally graduated from high school in that place.

I practically grew up in that place.

Who has a more proprietary claim on that place? Me? Or the god damn mother fucking NCAA?

Eat a bag of dicks, NCAA!

Yeah a group of freshmen made a National Championship and then did it again as sophomores because they were unprepared. Hot takes coming in hot!

Dude - why are you arguing with me?

Two things can be true - they could have been both unprepared and yet made it to the national championship game two years in a row.

Why?

Because they were just that damn good!

Last edited:
Dude - why are you arguing with me?

Two things can be true - they could have been both unprepared and yet made it to the national championship game two years in a row.

Why?

Because they were just that damn good!

In 1992, #6-Seed Michigan expected to face #3-Seed Arizona in the second round, instead got #14-seed East Tennessee State. So they handled that curve ball. Then they beat a #2-seed OSU (Ok. State) #1-Seed OSU (Ohio State) #4-seed (Cincinnati) and then lost to #1-Seed Duke after being up 31-30 at the half.

Last edited:
Fitting conclusion to an underwhelming season which is putting it mildly.

I'm all for patience with coaching staffs, but this program has been headed backwards. Howard did have one great year in 20-21 with Livers, Wagner, Brooks and company, but the other three have all been mediocre at best.

We have more than enough talent to make the NCAA tournament this season, and the sad truth is we are not going. The team also was not very fun to watch in my opinion, they didn't seem to be playing as a cohesive unit very often. I will not be sad when Hunter Dickinson moves on either he can take his overrated self overseas. Rarely has he ever been able to take over a close game to finish the deal except that miracle 3 point shot vs Wisconsin.

If the end of game management and timeout play-calling weren't so glaringly obvious to everybody as well it might be easier to feel more optimistic.

I dunno this season really has left me soured. Hopefully they can bounce back we shall see.

Last edited:
In 1992, #6-Seed Michigan expected to face #3-Seed Arizona in the second round, instead got #14-seed East Tennessee State. So they handled that curve ball. Then they beat a #2-seed OSU (Ok. State) #1-Seed OSU (Ohio State) #4-seed (Cincinnati) and then lost to #1-Seed Duke after being up 31-30 at the half.

I?m absolutely with the Wolverines24. When those five guys were cohesive - they weren?t always, but when they were - it was like watching choreography.

The opponents should have been made to pay admission for attendance.

The fab five were certainly fun to watch but even if they had won those two titles games Michigan would have been stripped of those titles a way. They should have beaten Unc but oh well it wasn?t meant to be.

Michigan is 1-5 in title games sadly
1-7 counting the two vacated appearances.

I think we may have been underdog in a bunch of them. Have to look.

I don't think that Michigan was the higher seed in any title title game it has played.

1965 v UCLA - No Seeds, but Michigan was #1 going into the tournament
Not 1976 v Indiana
Not 1989 v. Seton Hall (both 3s)
Not 1992 v. Duck (sic)
Not 1993 v. the Tar Holes (sic) (both 1s)
Not 2013 v. Louisville
Not 2018 v. Villanova

I don't think that Michigan was the higher seed in any title title game it has played.

1965 v UCLA - No Seeds, but Michigan was #1 going into the tournament
Not 1976 v Indiana
Not 1989 v. Seton Hall (both 3s)
Not 1992 v. Duck (sic)
Not 1993 v. the Tar Holes (sic) (both 1s)
Not 2013 v. Louisville
Not 2018 v. Villanova

Frustrating we come up short.

Not sure in ucla game but they were defending champions.
Indiana was favored by a-lot I think
Seton Hall favored by 2.5
Duke was favored by 6
Unc was favored by 2
Louisville favored by 4
Villanova was favored 6.5

Just heard on the radio that in 7 games this year Michigan at one point in the game had a 80% chance to win the game.

They finished 0-7 in those games.

Back