Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs MSU

That?s substitute coach for Michigan should have punched Izzo right in his fat ugly little face.

Great performance all around especially of course by Hunter. Nice to get the split with MSU after we fell apart in the 2nd half in EL.

Winning the next two straight I think would seal Michigan being in the NCAA tournament. Iowa is now the biggest game of the season.

I agree. Two more wins we are in for sure.

I think one more win gets them in. Michigan to big a tv draw to keep out especially with how bad the ncaa is. Michigan is good in so many of the boards metrics. I could be wrong. Beat Iowa please. Not sure we win in Columbus, and do not lose on the opening night of the btt.

Last edited:
What in thee fuck is wrong with this team? I don't get it. Hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold, hot............please can these guys keep some kind of momentum. What is interesting is that this win should get them into the tourney. When shitty ass State beat us last year at this time last year with their horrible record, they got in because of it.

Tom Izzo leaving Ann Arbor last night:
Qq4zngV.gif

Howard?s best hire was Phil Martelli.

Howard Eisley might be tied. Eisley has been the offensive coordinator since Juwan's suspension. Phil has admitted he didn't know the hand signals Juwan used to call plays, so he left the calls to Eisley.

Phil is a great program organizer, but Eisley and Saddi have been stepping up big time as well. Hats off to the entire staff.

What in thee fuck is wrong with this team? I don't get it. Hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold, hot............please can these guys keep some kind of momentum. What is interesting is that this win should get them into the tourney. When shitty ass State beat us last year at this time last year with their horrible record, they got in because of it.

Beating an unranked team at home should lock you in the tourney? I think UM was ranked 2 last year when msu beat them. A little different.

Beating an unranked team at home should lock you in the tourney? I think UM was ranked 2 last year when msu beat them. A little different.

A lot different - didn?t MSU beat 3 top 10 or 15 teams on the last 2 weeks of the season?

I thought you turds were ranked. Did not know you lost 4 of last 5. Oh well, my mistake.

But your record was still trash. They gave you a play-in game, because the committee knew you didn't deserve to be there.

says the guy who thinks uofm's garbage team with a classless coach should get into the tournament because they beat an unranked MSU team at home and that's somehow an analog to what MSU did to get into the tournament last year. You should just shut up now.

Maybe if your coach can stopping threatening to kill other coaches, starting fights in handshake lines, goes on to make a bunch of final fours without paying players (that would be kind of hypocritical of him, wouldn't it?) and does it with a modicum of the class Izzo has shown throughout his career, the committee will do him a favor one day. Don't bet on it though, the way things are going, he's far more likely to end his career doing something like him stabbing an old lady over a parking spot at Pizza House.

Last edited:
Izzo was a typical crybaby on the sideline during the game.
Sure the committee help Msu last year and I don?t think Michigan will be left out because both are decent tv ratings draws. (Especially Michigan) if you idiots would have held a big lead and beaten ucla Michigan would have made the final four ;)

Yeah maybe Hunter should not have pointed at the Msu bench but after the game in East Lansing Izzo praised Hunter and his game after Msu torched Michigan. Now during a game where Hunter is dropping a 30 burger on Msu Izzo didn?t like it that none of his players had any fight. Stop crying about it. It was the first Michigan 30 point game against msu since March 1st 1990 (Terry Mills).

I think both make the tournament. Michigan may have to play in the play in game but the ncaa is garbage this year so msu already has 19 wins and Michigan is a lock with 1 more win unless there are a bunch of upsets in conference tournaments. Now if they lose 3 in a row maybe those msu fans Pregame NIT chants before the game will come true. Unless both teams get way better both never see the sweet 16.

Last edited:
says the guy who thinks uofm's garbage team with a classless coach should get into the tournament because they beat an unranked MSU team at home and that's somehow an analog to what MSU did to get into the tournament last year. You should just shut up now.

I was being facetious in my analogy. I think UofM needs to do much more to get in. As far as classless coaches are concerned, Gabe Brown would like a word with you.

I was being facetious in my analogy. I think UofM needs to do much more to get in. As far as classless coaches are concerned, Gabe Brown would like a word with you.

OK sure, tell him I'm all ears. And do let us know if Howard is able to make it through the hand shake line(s) at the NIT without throwing any punches - I won't be watching and I doubt even that would make the news out of the NIT.

Last edited:
Back