Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Nebraska

thewolverines24

9 PM ET on BTN.

KEYS
Force some tough twos: Nebraska made 20 shots in the first game and 16 of those were at the basket. They were just 4-of-32 on shots outside the restricted area. The big key for Michigan defensively is to figure out how to pack the paint and force the Huskers to shoot over the top rather than penetrating all the way to the rim. Michigan?s ball screen defense was picked apart by Michigan State on Saturday when the Wolverines extended pressure and gave up driving shots to the rim. This game calls for drop coverage ? which Michigan mostly played in the first meeting ? and it will be interesting to see if U-M plays that style, and if it executes it effectively.

Make spot-up shots: Nebraska isn?t a team that is going to force one-on-one play and Michigan?s wings should get plenty of looks off the catch whether they come from ball screen action or post touches for Hunter Dickinson. The Wolverines scored 1.24 points per play on off-the-catch looks in the first meeting and made 15-of-32 triples. The Wolverines have been at their best when they can get those step-in, extra pass looks from 3-point range and those looks should be available tonight.

Offensive rebounding: Michigan rebounded 38% of its misses and scored 18 second-chance points in the first matchup and that was without Moussa Diabate. The Huskers are a poor rebounding team and Michigan has a significant size advantage inside that should allow it to open up an advantage on the glass.

Go Blue!

Didn't have him last year and the D was great.

We need better athletes. A Franz or Matthews type player on D would make a world of difference.

Yes I know but at least they were playing but these guys are suppose to be a top class and not one of them can play a lick of defense. We have hardly anyone playing that great of defense. I?m worried because those guys were JB guys.

Michigan misses yet another layup, Sigh.

Last edited:
I just don?t see Collins and Bufkin as d1 players as if right now. Houstan is so inconsistent and plays zero defense. Diabate reminds me of guys who are guys that get you in the NIT. I really hope some light goes on for these guys because after Brooks and Hunter leave

Yikes .

Last edited:
Yes I know but at least they were playing but these guys are suppose to be a top class and not one of them can play a lick of defense. We have hardly anyone playing that great of defense. I?m worried because those guys were JB guys.

Michigan misses yet another layup, Sigh.

I don't think Yak could hero. Houstan reclassified up into this class, Moussa hasn't played a ton of basketball in his career, Eli and Jones are small, and Hunter is never going to be good on defense. He's way too slow.

Hey dummies

They are going to keep shooting threes !

Guard them dumb asses.

I don't think Yak could hero. Houstan reclassified up into this class, Moussa hasn't played a ton of basketball in his career, Eli and Jones are small, and Hunter is never going to be good on defense. He's way too slow.

This class is so bad. Whoever scouts all these guys should be fired.

Down 10 at home or Nebraska. No energy, no defense. Just a bunch of yuck.

Jones 5-0 run gets lead down five.

Back