Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs OSU

Howard's offense has put these players in great spots to succeed and they keep missing shots. We missed 5 or 6 layups last night as well, so it wasn't just threes that weren't falling. We also missed the vast majority of our mid-range jumpers.

Maybe we should have tried half court shots.

Hopefully the recruits are seeing this. Having bad shooters handicaps a coach because others aren't able to see that your offense actually does work. It just needs shooters that can make wide open looks and maulers down low that can actually dunk and make a fucking lay up.

Howard tried to get him to step up last night and he withered. They discussed it coming out of halftime. The sideline reporter, McGrath, said she overheard Howard urging and encouraging Teske to play much harder, more physical, etc.

The message didn't take. Obviously.

Yeah he sure turtled badly after half.

Some people I talk to keep blaming Howard

"Gotta blame the coaches"

I say, "No. The coaching gets them wide-open lay-ups and wide-open 3point shots. The players have to hit the shots."

Some people I talk to keep blaming Howard

"Gotta blame the coaches"

I say, "No. The coaching gets them wide-open lay-ups and wide-open 3point shots. The players have to hit the shots."

Many people are dumb.

It was amazing how many people sitting around me at Crisler kept talking about how awesome Teske was two years ago when he led us to the Final Four. Also, Moe was apparently 22 years old when he was a freshman and Franz is 21.

Back