Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Rutgers

OK, so Italy is a bad example.

Overall the rate is 3.7%

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

you don't think closing down large entertainment venues will help slow down the spread of the virus?

That?s on reported and confirmed cases. I saw somewhere that including estimates for all the people who get it and recover without being diagnosed drives it down to 1% or less. I?m not sure if that?s standard practice for other things like the flu but they were comparing it to the mortality rate for the flu so I assume that?s the case.

At 1% they were saying it?s 10x more deadly than the flu so it?s obviously not something to be taken lightly but it?s also not clear that we need to be this drastic. Our school district just shut down for min of 3 weeks which takes us to spring break so it?s actually 4 weeks. Seems like overkill but it is what it is.

March Madness was just cancelled :/

Fuck China.
_hefowcCdrSjm-28CEhkBNvaFRnIN3_HIoLMAe806C0nFekZEKE-ksk6L6dQw_aFinqcj39X8MXX1aNTNd7Y6ZavXiO6wAWhXcXqemoFwPUqK4OrH564uoYvPf1PPmTadNetVmro9OR_fEaGMf1lszbD6aG7-Fa-KfrFj7thsUrlzRdGzJhGSyXQ6mf8K6dgra9-2peDFLpEalXqP7XdkJrVX57ZWsckixFNAxLY8AWqpwQSwynC5oZGdGCYu4Dz3atKugNLrlkFyW4liD8bc0GAhwcGLmuA5wggBqI-JFOymc62V4XlNtJgC0wLqcTbMtrwTbkP9qzn1DZncmySJPmH495Cwkn3qhlogKeyJWy-JmHisqDXQo7R3ydYJNENy7JpmzqgO45r2Wdn8fnIHKVKQtyxTHpmHx298re5VFQ_lsRdJrHzIw5rUe4Hvimmk4Q5cmw1NJInP940eb6yjgbYI05CBulkJwTtWYwFB07E3x_m8i2V3gqrfiwJG74w4RAtLdUDWM6_xd7PagzGF8ar-CD9glY4kwYM5nqnNrBsL-L0hFS3wWHjeEwAk6a9N285nNDfmBa_USZSUj-IEfPV9VV9MqpqgCf9pnD0UlSyt3EZYNWyHODzWHDMRUpHbPQKvn32OO2JhX2JIxBH60GpAyCn956yelov9eRRt1-pSxade60FHgKl=w1263-h947-no

That?s on reported and confirmed cases. I saw somewhere that including estimates for all the people who get it and recover without being diagnosed drives it down to 1% or less. I?m not sure if that?s standard practice for other things like the flu but they were comparing it to the mortality rate for the flu so I assume that?s the case.

At 1% they were saying it?s 10x more deadly than the flu so it?s obviously not something to be taken lightly but it?s also not clear that we need to be this drastic. Our school district just shut down for min of 3 weeks which takes us to spring break so it?s actually 4 weeks. Seems like overkill but it is what it is.

our school district just closed for the same amount of time & they have the same spring break. Planning a trip to FL for the kid's spring break. maybe I'll leave a few days early now. :cheers:

Fly all the teams to fucking Greenland and play the games in Nuuk Stadium.

Only 56,000 people in Greenland and no cases of coronavirus.

our school district just closed for the same amount of time & they have the same spring break. Planning a trip to FL for the kid's spring break. maybe I'll leave a few days early now. :cheers:

Yeah, maybe I?ll rebook my current Florida spring break flights for next year with their corona virus no change fee policy, load the kids in the family truckster and make a long road trip of it.

I am really disappointed with the cancellations, but they are for the best. We can argue about the percentages of deaths etc. but the decisions to cancel these events and classes etc. are based on good science including what was done to control the spread of the spanish flu 100 years ago. Argue the percentages if you wish, but if you are wrong, and no steps are take to control the spread resulting in the deaths of 300,000 to a million or more people, then what will you say? Sorry I was wrong about the virus, but wasn't that a great basketball tournament?

Fly all the teams to fucking Greenland and play the games in Nuuk Stadium.

Only 56,000 people in Greenland and no cases of coronavirus.

Do they still have those goofy, anti-big man keys in international ball? I suppose they could repaint them or bring their own floor.

10,000 cases in Italy with 630+ deaths. That's a 6% mortality rate.

closing down these entertainment venues is a good way to slow the spread of the disease.

I guess this means you won't go to the grocery store until this goes away or go out to eat or go thru the drive thru? Does this mean you will sequester yourself inside your own home and not go to work? NOT FEASIBLE !!

I work in a jail. I will get this. It might suck a little and I'll be out of commission for a few days or it'll pass me by and not affect me. I will keep taking my vitamins and I will still be in the gym. A healthy immune system is what is needed in times like this. Viruses blow big time especially Chinese ones. It doesn't take a whole lot of insight to know 1 Billion plus people shoulder to shoulder will eventually stir up some insane shit. But I'm certainly betting we will all be hear to talk to each other come August.

For the third straight year, the Michigan men's basketball team will end the college basketball season with the most NCAA tournament wins in the nation since 2013.

I wish there was something that could be done for the seniors who had March Madness stolen from them. Maybe the NCAA should just let them come back for a 5th year next year if they want it and they don't count against the scholarship limit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

For the third straight year, the Michigan men's basketball team will end the college basketball season with the most NCAA tournament wins in the nation since 2013.

I wish there was something that could be done for the seniors who had March Madness stolen from them. Maybe the NCAA should just let them come back for a 5th year next year if they want it and they don't count against the scholarship limit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ESPN is pushing for it. The issue I guess is that the small schools will have trouble covering the scholarships.

ESPN is pushing for it. The issue I guess is that the small schools will have trouble covering the scholarships.

It doesn't seem to be very feasible. Some teams would have extra scholarships while others wouldn't.

Just saw an article on ESPN. It says they are considering it for spring sports which makes more sense. It doesn't make much sense for basketball since the entire regular season was complete.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...-discuss-granting-athletes-eligibility-relief

Last edited:
Back