Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Rutgers

It doesn't seem to be very feasible. Some teams would have extra scholarships while others wouldn't.

That's what they were saying in their round table discussion. Now the problem with the bigger schools is the potential one and dones and the guys projected to start their freshman year. You got the starting Seniors for another year. Huge issue for some because some, including Michigan, guys aren't signed yet. Would they still sign?

Last edited:
That's what they were saying in their round table discussion. Now the problem with the bigger schools is the potential one and dones and the guys projected to start their freshman year. You got the starting Seniors for another year. Huge issue for some because some, including Michigan, cuz some guys aren't signed yet. Would they still sign?

It's a nice idea with a few details to iron out, but workable. It would be interesting to see how many seniors did it. Anyone with NBA aspirations probably not. But beyond that some may want another go around, others might be ready to move on to the next phase of their life, whatever that is.

The impact to the incoming freshmen and their college decisions certainly is a consideration too.

I hope Dick Vitale is coping with this news well.

He must be really devastated.

Expand rosters for a year. To like 17-20. Let seniors have another year if they want it. Not sure how it would work but it’s doable. I am sure spring and summer sports will get more latitude. Sadly fall and winter sports may get screwed.

Expand rosters for a year. To like 17-20. Let seniors have another year if they want it. Not sure how it would work but it?s doable. I am sure spring and summer sports will get more latitude. Sadly fall and winter sports may get screwed.
There's a chance! Report: NCAA gives spring athletes extra eligibility year; could do same for winter
https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1964673

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Expand rosters for a year. To like 17-20. Let seniors have another year if they want it. Not sure how it would work but it?s doable. I am sure spring and summer sports will get more latitude. Sadly fall and winter sports may get screwed.

Any way they try to make this season "right" may change the competitive balance next season. The season is over...let it go.

Any way they try to make this season "right" may change the competitive balance next season. The season is over...let it go.

if the NCAA cared about competitive balance, they'd enforce their own rules more aggressively and evenly.

if the NCAA cared about competitive balance, they'd enforce their own rules more aggressively and evenly.

sure...but now they are talking about creating an entire new set of rules because people are sad they couldn't play in a tournament. Shit happens, move along.

The NCAA could undo the cancellation and change it to a suspension, and reevaluate in two weeks to a month. There could still be a tournament this year if things turn around. I heard a clip of Izzo on the radio saying that that is what he wished would have happened, I’ll try to find it.

This might be it. @ 5:00

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jMC9DX05u2k

Last edited:
The NCAA could undo the cancellation and change it to a suspension, and reevaluate in two weeks to a month. There could still be a tournament this year if things turn around. I heard a clip of Izzo on the radio saying that that is what he wished would have happened, I’ll try to find it.

That’s what I said in another thread - postponing and possibly cancelling later seemed like a better move. It still seems like the best of all options. The venues aren’t going anywhere - MB Stadium isn’t going to be needed until September. Logistics can be sorted out and if this thing doesn’t get better they can cancel it later.

Last edited:
The number of confirmed cases and deaths are still increasing significantly.

There's no way in hell this will be over by the end of April, and trying to put together a tournament with cases still festering in May or even June, and risking a restart of the outbreak is insane.

I agree with Tom... shit happens. It's over, move on.

Subsequent developments have shown that cancelling everything was the right course of action.

Last edited by a moderator:
The number of confirmed cases and deaths are still increasing significantly.

There's no way in hell this will be over by the end of April, and trying to put together a tournament with cases still festering in May or even June, and risking a restart of the outbreak is insane.

I agree with Tom... shit happens. It's over, move on.

Subsequent developments have shown that cancelling everything was the right course of action.

52% of cases and 51% of deaths in NY and NJ. They're getting drilled.

Here in Ohio, we're looking at hitting our peak number of cases 3-4 weeks from now. And this is with our state being one of the first to start shutting shit down, even before cases started showing up here. My paranoia grows with every passing week, because I have at least one preexisting condition that could make things very unpleasant for me.

Back