Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Rutgers

thewolverines24

8:30 PM Eastern on FS1.

KEYS

Contain Spencer: Spencer is the guy you don?t want to let beat you. If someone else hits a bunch of shots, you tip your cap. You tip your cap if you defend your ass off but can?t make a three all night. It will be a long flight home if you lose because you give up open 3-point shots to Cam Spencer that you knew were coming.

Injury concerns: Caleb McConnell is doubtful with a back injury while Jett Howard (lower leg) and Terrance Williams II (deep knee bruise) sound like game-time decisions. That means that health questions on both sides will shape the matchup in ways that are tough to predict. Rutgers is already without Mag and McConnell?s absence would make them even more vulnerable defensively.

Make jump shots: Post-doubles are coming. Aggressive traps are coming. Open catch-and-shoot looks are coming. The opportunities will be there; Michigan has to make the most of them. Rutgers is 1-6 when it allows over 40% shooting from outside and this is a game where Michigan will need timely perimeter makes to have a chance on the road.

BOTTOM LINE

This is one of those classic matchups that?s difficult to figure out because the strengths and weaknesses offset on one end of the floor. Michigan?s defense and Rutgers? offense feel like a wash between struggling units. Instead, the game will come down to whether Michigan can play effectively through Hunter Dickinson against one of the best defenses in the country.

KenPom gives Michigan a 30% chance at the road upset, projecting a 70-64 Rutgers win. Vegas agrees and sets the line at 6 points.

Go Blue!

Last edited:
Team is playing so bad. Michigan starts 1/10 shooting.

Last edited:
Team is so poorly coached sometimes. They are running nothing on offense right now.
Run some darn plays please.

Howard needs to slow the guys down when they are on a bad stretch.
Thanks !

Last edited:
No fouls yet by Rutgers. In 12 minutes. Give me a break.
Reed was mugged.
Lmao

Last edited:
Guess I?m wrong on Reed. He makes to many mistakes. Can?t hit ft.

Still no foul calls on Rutgers.

Williams has taken 2 threes and off his hand I thought the looked good. Long I guess.

Back