Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs UNC

Not sure we're a tournament team. Young guys aren't catching on. Bufkin and Barnes aren't even able to get on the floor when the guys in front of them look lost far too often. Jones can't shoot and I'm not sure what positive he brings. Eli is the only one who can consistently hit threes so the D can clog the paint and keep Hunter from getting many touches. I don't know how the fuck the coaches fix this.

We have 16 second half points in 17 minutes. This team has zero heart. It caved in after losing a 27-22 lead right before half and turtled like little boys after half.

Last edited:
Without a point guard we have to change the offense to a pressing team. Play everybody to give them minutes. Might as well get ready for next season.

I?m just not seeing it from the guys that were recruited. All I see is a big bunch of me guys and no team guys.

Wisconsin is playing a ton of young guys and they look light years ahead of our guys.

okay, so our team might not be very good this year...

we'll still beat MSU though, right? I like when we make those babies cry

I just see a lot better defense being played by other teams in the big ten.

I really don?t think Howard is using these slasher type guys right. We should be a pressing team.

So far Howard gets a Big fat D- for how this team was ready for the season. Not a very good coaching job especially after watching other big ten teams.

Last edited:
This team sucks. Really disappointing to see bad defense. Like we saw with Beilein teams, when the offense wasn't there, the defense will keep you in it. This team has to learn defense first. Suffocating defense that causes turnovers. Its the only way to win when there are no shooters.

okay, so our team might not be very good this year...

we'll still beat MSU though, right? I like when we make those babies cry

I don't see a way for us to beat them. We can't shoot, none of our guards are a real threat to break down a defense, and even when they do it doesn't matter because the guys they kick the ball to can't shoot. Because those guys can't shoot, they can't feed the post because the defense can play off and clog passing lanes. Then there's the defense, which is bad.

Turns out losing 3 NBA guys and replacing them with 1 sucks. Wagner, Livers, and Brown are dearly missed. Moussa is our only NBA caliber player right now and he's a true freshman still figuring things out.

Not only missing the NBA talent level, but this team has no leader. Eli does everything he can, but he's not a vocal leader. That leaves...?

Might as well strap in for a very bumpy ride and hope we see flashes of the freshmen class, and Zeb if he ever reappears, starting to get it. This is going to be a lot like the 14-15 season under Beilein.

Last edited:
Back