Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Villanova

Our defense was good enough to win.

To many minutes with the waste John?s jr out there.
To many missed free throws
To many missed layups ..

Please tell me Johns has no more eligibility left? That's the only happy thought I can muster up.

Gameplan was great. So many of the shots this team is usually good at. We're around 10/27 from dunk/layup range.

To many minutes with John?s jr playing is not a great game plan.

Down 54-50 Howard should made sure we went inside.

To many minutes with John?s jr playing is not a great game plan.

Down 54-50 Howard should made sure we went inside.

I meant Xs and Os to get good shots. Defensive plan was perfect as well. Johns was pretty good on defense. He was just his normal self on offense.

I meant Xs and Os to get good shots. Defensive plan was perfect as well. Johns was pretty good on defense. He was just his normal self on offense.

Then you can?t used him. That?s bad coaching.. Houstan had 5 early points. Don?t care about his defense. Needed his offense in this one.

Just ridiculous how many layups and free throws we missed in this one.

Sadly Michigan comes up short again in the NCAA. It?s always something since 1989

Game plan should been running like when we played at Osu. If it?s not there slow it down for Hunter. Should played like this game like at Villanova the year after we lost the final final game to them.
. Have to try And speed Villanova up. They turned it over 3 times in the last minute under pressure. Who knows maybe ratched it up earlier .

Look the game plan was good. We just couldn?t buy a basket in close. So you have to try something different. Speed the game up maybe .

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game/_/gameId/401082448

Also down 54-50. Howard needs to slow Williams down. Offense needs to be run there a 2 would have been huge there.

Last edited:
The only thing I wanted since JH started coaching was for his team to beat Duke before Krzyzewski retired. I think I'd trade 2 National Championships for that.

Then you can?t used him. That?s bad coaching.. Houstan had 5 early points. Don?t care about his defense. Needed his offense in this one.

Well, Houstan's defensive matchup was really bad for him. He was going to have to check a guy who can take him off the dribble and beat him up in the post. Slater was just a poor matchup and so we got Johns playing more. It would have been really nice if Johns could have contributed even a solitary bucket on offense.

Back