Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Villanova

Game plan should been running like when we played at Osu. If it?s not there slow it down for Hunter. Should played like this game like at Villanova the year after we lost the final final game to them.
. Have to try And speed Villanova up. They turned it over 3 times in the last minute under pressure. Who knows maybe ratched it up earlier .

Look the game plan was good. We just couldn?t buy a basket in close. So you have to try something different. Speed the game up maybe .

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game/_/gameId/401082448

Also down 54-50. Howard needs to slow Williams down. Offense needs to be run there a 2 would have been huge there.

Was Juwan supposed to run on the floor and stop Williams from shooting an open 3? That's not on Juwan at all.

Well, Houstan's defensive matchup was really bad for him. He was going to have to check a guy who can take him off the dribble and beat him up in the post. Slater was just a poor matchup and so we got Johns playing more. It would have been really nice if Johns could have contributed even a solitary bucket on offense.

You just said it. That is why you can?t use him.

0 points.

Was Juwan supposed to run on the floor and stop Williams from shooting an open 3? That's not on Juwan at all.

Come on T. Williams was way behind the line early in the shot clock. So yes.. call a play and get the ball moving a reverse the ball. Maybe free up
Eli
?to me Williams 3?s seem better off set plays I think. Not just a dribble and Jack it up. I am trying to remember his last fast break three. Was it Nebraska? Or maybe I?m just remembering it wrong.

Last edited:
Come on T. Williams was way behind the line early in the shot clock. So yes.. call a play and get the ball moving a reverse the ball. Maybe free up
Eli
?to me Williams 3?s seem better off set plays I think. Not just a dribble and Jack it up. I am trying to remember his last fast break three. Was it Nebraska? Or maybe I?m just remembering it wrong.

It was early in the shot clock because it was basically a transition 3. Every team has set transition plays where guys know where to be. It just happened that it was T-Will ended up wide open for a 3. It's not like him shooting a 3 is a bad idea. He had been shooting 7/12 from 3 since the MSU game coming into tonight.

When your best player is yapping about other big ten teams that didn't make it to the mighty sweet 16 instead of focusing all of his attention on the team in front of him you can't be shocked when he shits all over himself

Well when you go farther then your rivals that is always a good thing. Not sure what he was suppose to say in his press conference. He has given opponents plenty of credit. He probably shouldn?t have said the stuff about the NIT and his rivals but it was pretty funny. Then He and his whole team had a lid on the hoop tonight sadly. Frustrating as hell all those layups and free throws Missed. If Michigan even plays a B game tonight they win by 5 plus. Sadly we played a c- or D game. Give the wildcats credit. Defense was better then expected. Freaking missing so many bunnies just sucks.

Last edited:
This was the game. From UMHoops:

The Wolverines were matched up with a Villanova team that lacked equivalent size at the frontcourt positions and they pounded the ball in the paint, attempting 70 percent of their shots at the rim. Instead of dominating the game inside-out, they shot just 34.9% inside the arc and made just 13-of-37 on dunks and layups.

13 of motherfucking 37.

This was the game. From UMHoops:

The Wolverines were matched up with a Villanova team that lacked equivalent size at the frontcourt positions and they pounded the ball in the paint, attempting 70 percent of their shots at the rim. Instead of dominating the game inside-out, they shot just 34.9% inside the arc and made just 13-of-37 on dunks and layups.

13 of motherfucking 37.

Sigh.. yikes. All of the above.

21-61 . Just saw on espn it was our second lowest shooting percentage this year.

And we lost by 8. We didn't even have to shoot well to win. Just a horrible off night.

Ageee. But still when we ran them out of the gym that was fun basketball. I agree with you we had a good game and just couldn?t make shots. But maybe speeding them up negates all the cutting and jump cuts they do on offense. Idk.. I just want to win one of these again someday.
Had plenty of chances they last 15 years.

Last edited:
Ageee. But still when we ran them out of the gym that was fun basketball. I agree with you we had a good game and just couldn?t make shots. But maybe speeding them up negates all the cutting and jump cuts they do on offense. Idk.. I just want to win one of these again someday.
Had plenty of chances they last 15 years.

I completely understand wanting to speed them up, but that's really hard to do to Villanova. They are extremely disciplined and are one of the best teams in the country at taking care of the basketball. Jay Wright is a hell of a coach.

I completely understand wanting to speed them up, but that's really hard to do to Villanova. They are extremely disciplined and are one of the best teams in the country at taking care of the basketball. Jay Wright is a hell of a coach.

I would have tried to. They ran at Osu. I know Hunter was out. But it?s not like we can?t run the floor.

Well, we knew they had this kind of game in them. Still, I didn't expect them to get past Tennessee, so that was nice! A fitting end to a mediocre season. Now our hopes shift to the women, and hockey. GO BLUE!

You know what really kinda sucked?

We're gonna be in San Antonio tomorrow (maybe) and if we had won yesterday, I would definitely have gotten a ticket to the game.

I would have held up a sign that said "King of The Detroit Sports Forum" and then when they showed it on TV, I would be king of this board.

Back