Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Wisconsin

Maybe you are right. But you are wrong that it wasn?t a important game for big ten seeding . Yeah Trice did go off on us but then so did Simpson for us. For sure it is different if Brooks can guard trice. I bet we win. Still even with Michigan injured (yet again) I expected a better home effort. Other then Simpson all the starters looked slow until after half when we started cutting better. Shame we didn?t win tonight. We had a shot at a double bye. Freaking Trice couldn?t miss.

And free throws. Had a chance to get back in it and Simpson and Johns jr missed.
Just like in the Illinois game :(

How long is Brooks out for ?

Last three
@ Osu
Nebraska
@ Maryland

Well I didn't say it wasn't important for the BTT seeding. That part is true. Double bye or not, we should still make a good run there if healthy and if Teske ever snaps out of his mono haze.

I believe Brooks is expect back for the game on Sunday against THE Piece Of Shit University.

One caveat is that this loss likely is going to lock us into a 6-seed in March Madness. I know it sounds odd, but that's better than jumping up to 4 or 5. If we make a run, the third game for the 4/5 would be the 1 seed. It would be the 2 seed for the 6. Not a huge difference, but the 2 is typically a small step below the 1.

One caveat is that this loss likely is going to lock us into a 6-seed in March Madness. I know it sounds odd, but that's better than jumping up to 4 or 5. If we make a run, the third game for the 4/5 would be the 1 seed. It would be the 2 seed for the 6. Not a huge difference, but the 2 is typically a small step below the 1.

Joe Lunardi said the Big ten could end up with all four 6 seeds. Wouldn?t that be something. 6 would be ok with me.

Loss dropped Michigan to the #8 seed in the btt. Right now they would open with Rutgers with the winner playing Maryland. Winner of the Michigan at Osu will be only in 7th place.

Big ten standings. I really think Wisconsin will run the table and finish 14-6.

https://bigten.org/confstandings.aspx/2019-20/mbb?path=mbball

Knowing our luck, they'll have the worst shooting night of their school's entire existence in their next game and lose.

For sure. Wisconsin is just really not. Probably playing the best of any big ten team right now. Five games in a row they have hit at least 10 threes. That is freaking amazing. I just don’t think we adjusted quick enough last night. I just didn’t think Brooks meant that much to the perimeter defense.

Michigan will be underdogs in two of the last three games. You are right though. This team goes as far as Teske is playing. He needs to find his game soon. Call me crazy but I wouldn’t mind getting Wisconsin again in the btt. Maybe we can get a different result.

@ Osu
Nebraska
@ Maryland

Btt.
Ncaa tournament.

Last edited:
Michigan will be underdogs in two of the last three games. You are right though. This team goes as far as Teske is playing. He needs to find his game soon. Call me crazy but I wouldn?t mind getting Wisconsin again in the btt. Maybe we can get a different result.

@ Osu
Nebraska
@ Maryland

Btt.
Ncaa tournament.

I think we win the next two and lose at Maryland. We were without Livers and had a horrible shooting night in the last game against OSU. It still took the refs making an inexcusable call to alter the game into OSU's favor. Nebraska seems to have given up on the season after their close loss to Maryland.

you have to expect to play the 2 but more 2 seeds get upset before the 3rd round than 1s, adding to the advantage of being a 6 over a 4 or 5.

Even if Michigan wins out? I seriously doubt they beat MD, but it could happen. They certainly can beat OSU and Nebraska for sure.

Even if Michigan wins out? I seriously doubt they beat MD, but it could happen. They certainly can beat OSU and Nebraska for sure.

Well if we win out and win the BTT obviously it can change. I should have noted that. Thank you for calling me on my bullshit. I owe you three beers. :cheers:

Back