Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops

gotime909

Playing Rutgers today. I just can't get into watching this team. Basically playing 4 on 5 every game because Mady is trash and the freshmen aren't ready. Izzo really shit the bed not bringing in a transfer big. The fact he keeps doubling down on the decision is quite the case of delusion. It's too bad too because we have one of the better backcourts in the country.

I looked at tickets but they were outrageous. Thankfully my daughter had a game at 1:30 so the decision not to go was a lot easier. Really glad I didn?t shell out $400 two decent seats for my son and I to watch them put up 55 and slip to 8th place in the league.

Haven?t watched a full game in weeks but nothing has stood out to me as being all that great, including the backcourt.

On pace to put up 56 at home against Maryland. Would be our 3rd game under 60 in our last 6. Most of the last 8 games have been in the low 60s and we?ve only scored in the 70s twice since the end of the non conference schedule. Sissoko may be awful, but this putrid offense is a team effort.

Last edited:
The pace has slowed to 52 pts and now we?re behind in a game we led by double digits 4 minutes ago.

Picked up the pace and regained the lead hitting some 3s. We could score over 60 and might even win.

Last edited:
Not sure why they fouled up 3 with :33 left or again up 4 with 22 left. Both seemed like pretty quick fouls. The first 1 second after a TO, the next 2 seconds after.

Looks like it was ugly but at least it?s a win. 3-5 over the last 8.

You all seem like MSU basketball is in the same state as Michigan's. Which it is, literally. But not, either.

Not sure why they fouled up 3 with :33 left or again up 4 with 22 left. Both seemed like pretty quick fouls. The first 1 second after a TO, the next 2 seconds after.

Looks like it was ugly but at least it?s a win. 3-5 over the last 8.

From what I've seen this year, fouling a 50% ft shooter is way better odds than our post defense actually getting a stop against anyone.

You all seem like MSU basketball is in the same state as Michigan's. Which it is, literally. But not, either.

I hate Hunter, but if you put him on this Spartan team they'd be top 5 imo.

From what I've seen this year, fouling a 50% ft shooter is way better odds than our post defense actually getting a stop against anyone.

Both are risky - even at 50%, you?re giving them the opportunity for points with no time off the clock.

I don?t know any details - was watching play-by-play on my phone - that?s how uninspired I am, too disinterested to go downstairs and turn on the TV.

I saw us up 3 with :33 left and a MD timeout. Next update MD was shooting foul shots with :32 left on the clock. Next one was similar except they let :02 run off before fouling with a 4 pt lead and :20 left.

Last edited:

Once again we find ourselves rooting for the Spartans to just make the tournament to keep the streak alive. Four of our last 7 are on the road including @ uofm in 10 days.

Once again we find ourselves rooting for the Spartans to just make the tournament to keep the streak alive. Four of our last 7 are on the road including @ uofm in 10 days.

I'm confident that MSU will qualify. Two games vs. OSU. Minnesota and Nebraska -- I think they win all of them. And one of the other three vs IU, Iowa and MI.

5-2 in the stretch, 20-11 overall. I think that gets them in.

Last edited:
I'm confident that MSU will qualify. Two games vs. OSU. Minnesota and Nebraska -- I think they win all of them. And one of the other three vs IU, Iowa and MI.

5-2 in the stretch, 20-11 overall. I think that gets them in.

Both teams face some challenges with the 7 remaining games, hopefully they both get over the hump. But I'm sick of being relegated to cheering for the streak. We probably wouldn't be in the position in the first place if Izzo went after a serviceable front court player in the portal.

The scenario you laid out, I'm afraid could be best our case though as the way they're playing now, they could lose to Minnesota.

Missed ft. Dumb call by izzo not to foul. Then no switch. Sends Iowa game to OT. How did you not win that? Lol.

That was the worst collapse in college basketball history. We were up 91-78 with 90 seconds left and gave up 23 points while we still made 10-12 FTs to tie the game at 101 sending it to OT. We gave up 36 points the last :6:41 of game time. And all time collapse. Kind of the only thing this team will be remembered for.

Izzo is not helping this squad much. His stubbornness is getting in the way. Wouldn't bring in a center from the portal(106 pts scored and only 5 pts by our centers lol). Now won't foul up 3 with 5 seconds left in a game that nobody was missing 3s. First year in forever that I don't even care to watch games.

Losing to uofm and Iowa in 8 days is bad enough but blowing both games down the stretch with truly pathetic basketball is beyond disheartening.

Edit: in a way the uofm loss was worse. In the Iowa comeback we had one turnover and didn?t foul when we should have but the team did just about everything else they should have done - they went 10 for 12 from the foul line and played pretty decent defense (except the aforementioned no foul on the last play in regulation) and Iowa went 5 or 5 from three hitting crazy shots that weren?t given easily. Against uofm we got beat down the stretch by a bunch of scrubs that haven?t done anything all year.

Last edited:
We're still a 7 seed in most brackets. And safely one too. Basically the loss to Iowa probably took a 6 seed off the table. Beat Nebraska and Ohio State and we're probably cemented as a 7 seed. Lose to either and 8 is back on the table.

Back