Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How Competitive Will Lions be in 2021?

I dont see any value problem with picking the 2nd overall rated OT at a 7 slot. Actually compared to the 2nd ranked WR, 5th ranked QB or 1st ranked LB...id say the 2nd ranked OT provides much more value than those any of those.

The only thing i would value more on this team is a 1st ranked DE. But there isnt really a clear cut one of those in this draft that would provide upside over Okwara or Flowers imo.

Last edited:
Is Slater worth pick 7 to be a Right Tackle or Right Guard?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/rashawn-slater/1pKUn4IfC4

Makes it seems like he will fail at tackle unless in West Coast/zone and be more a guard. Lions do need a RG too but already have a failed tackle/guard combo in Big V

They keep making Slater arm length an issue but never bring up the fact that he has the same length arms as Sewell....its silly.

They keep making Slater arm length an issue but never bring up the fact that he has the same length arms as Sewell....its silly.

OTS more than likely to hit this early too. Slater would be a fine choice and the Lions would hopefully get the most out of him and have book end tackles for years.

Slater not really a mauler for the run game though

These have to be some of the more ridiculous comments I've seen by a non LKP member of this board.

Do you have ANY evidence that we threw so much only because Stafford wanted it that way? I mean ANY. One quote from any interview from any coach or teammate over the course of the last 12 years? Even one.

Or.......and here's a thought.....did all the OC's know that Stafford throwing the ball was always our best bet with a more often than not terrible running game.

Do you know who actually calls plays? You realize it's not Stafford, right? I don't think you do.

It's ok to have different opinions on a player.....and I get that not a lot of people on this board liked Stafford.....but you're making assumptions that make ZERO sense. NONE. I've never heard one bad interview from a coach, teammate, assistant, opponent or media rep that has shed Matthew Stafford in a negative light. Not everyone thinks he's great....but it seems pretty universally accepted that he is a GREAT teammate that puts the team before his personal goals every time.

Gee Mister, you sure got me. I mean, it had to all be on the OC. Stafford NEVER had meetings with the OC and used his influence for creating game plans and possible audibles. You really got me, mister...thanks for helping me understand the game.

Gee Mister, you sure got me. I mean, it had to all be on the OC. Stafford NEVER had meetings with the OC and used his influence for creating game plans and possible audibles. You really got me, mister...thanks for helping me understand the game.

You're welcome. You clearly needed it.

Umm...you clearly missed the sarcasm. I won't tell you what you need, it would be a waste of time as you clearly fail to understand so many things.

Where's the thumbs down button when you need it?

Goff had 186 yards passing on 28 attempts and 74 rating in their win against the Cowboys in 2018 playoffs. They had 238 yards rushing from RBS and 3 TDs and thus scored 30 points with 3 FG drives too. If Lions rushed like that, they beat alot of teams with Stafford playing really well.

Goff "won the game" and Stafford "lost the game" to the Cowboys

Rams won the Champ game after a blown PI call in their favor. It went the other way in the Lions game like always with Cowboys. 83 rating 1 TD 1 pick and 297 yards for Goff here.

So let's pump the brakes on Goff can get you to a Super Bowl. Goff can.. not blow it with a good running team (Lions have never been that) and if helped by the refs (which they institutued PI review because of that play)

Stafford has never had a good running team nor good running efforts in 3 playoff games.

Will be interested to see if Rams are still good running team and how much that helps Stafford this year

20 7 Lions against Cowboys. Lions stud defense gives up TD, FG, TD (after a 10 yard punt by Martin after the bogus non PI call)

And Dez Bryant came 15 yards on to the field without his helmet (both of which are penalties that weren't called) to yell at the refs before they picked up the flag.

It was the single biggest conspiracy theory moment I've had as a sports fan.

All you have to do is see Staffords demeanor, any of his quotes and what his teammates/coaches think of him and you can clearly see he wasn't forcing throwing the ball out of ego lol

Also McVay wouldn't want that if it was true.

Last edited:
All you have to do is see Staffords demeanor, any of his quotes and what his teammates/coaches think of him and you can clearly see he wasn't forcing throwing the ball out of ego lol

Also McVay wouldn't want that if it was true.

His play = Action

Action >>>>>> Words

His actions show he was unable to manage games and get a balanced attack to happen.

If Goff comes in and suddenly the Lions can run the ball with above League average ability, you will be claiming that is because they finally built a OL, finally have quality RBs, or anything other than acknowledging Goff being better at managing games and recognizing D and implementing runs better than Stafford. Meanwhile Rams will likely see a drop off in Run Production as a result of Stafford at QB...and you will only point to his passing numbers again as a way to validate his worth.

His play = Action

Action >>>>>> Words

His actions show he was unable to manage games and get a balanced attack to happen.

If Goff comes in and suddenly the Lions can run the ball with above League average ability, you will be claiming that is because they finally built a OL, finally have quality RBs, or anything other than acknowledging Goff being better at managing games and recognizing D and implementing runs better than Stafford. Meanwhile Rams will likely see a drop off in Run Production as a result of Stafford at QB...and you will only point to his passing numbers again as a way to validate his worth.

The coaches actions chose to not run the ball. Not trusting an Oline that couldn't run block or RBS that couldn't make the most out of holes or get extra yardage is a reason.

Caldwell teams never had a good run game. Linehan was pass happy. Bevell was run happy and Staffords attempts did drop but the run game wasn't good enough to solely rely on.

LOL Staffords attitude wasn't the reason they didn't run well.

Ive said it a million times over the years. Either Stafford was SEVERELY limited with what he was allowed to do at the line of scrimiage....or he was a fucking moron. Those are the only 2 options when you watch YEARSSSSS of passing vs 6 man fronts and running vs 8 man fronts. Its a simple game....we always made it way more difficult than it had to be with Stafford at QB.

Ive said it a million times over the years. Either Stafford was SEVERELY limited with what he was allowed to do at the line of scrimiage....or he was a fucking moron. Those are the only 2 options when you watch YEARSSSSS of passing vs 6 man fronts and running vs 8 man fronts. Its a simple game....we always made it way more difficult than it had to be with Stafford at QB.

I think all QB's are allowed to change the play at the LOS. Stafford has done it just not a whole lot. Not sure who's fault that is.

Lions couldn't run against 6 man fronts. That is their problem. That is not Staffords fault.

I just saw that myself that seems sudden. Brady leaves and now every QB wants out.

That's crazy. Seems like if they really believed he wasn't coming back they would have traded him by now. The market will never be better.....so many teams in need of a quarterback that they might go 1,2,3,4 in the draft. And there are teams like Miami, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Washington and Chicago that all would be interested in upgrading their QB as well.

I guess we'll see.....but failing to trade him NOW would be a massive fuck up if he didn't come back given the fact his replacement is on the roster and he certainly could have gotten you multiple high draft picks.

Report: 49ers offered No. 3 overall pick, plus more, for Aaron Rodgers

It?s believed that the 49ers offered the No. 3 overall pick, quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, other players, plus draft picks to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Bill Michaels started the fire, attributing the report to Paul Allen of KFAN, with confirmation from others.

As we hear it, the offer was made ? and rejected ? last night.

Back