Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I guess we lost the Afghanistan War

July 23, 2021 Biden's "private" conversation with with Ghani.

BIDEN: You know, I am a moment late. But I mean it sincerely. Hey look, I want to make it clear that I am not a military man any more than you are, but I have been meeting with our Pentagon folks, and our national security people, as you have with ours and yours, and as you know and I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things aren?t going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban.

BIDEN: And there?s a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.

Link from Reuters

July 8, 2021. Biden address on US drawdown.

Together, with our NATO Allies and partners, we have trained and equipped over three hu- ? nearly 300,000 current serving members of the military ? of the Afghan National Security Force, and many beyond that who are no longer serving. Add to that, hundreds of thousands more Afghan National Defense and Security Forces trained over the last two decades.

We provided our Afghan partners with all the tools ? let me emphasize: all the tools, training, and equipment of any modern military. We provided advanced weaponry. And we?re going to continue to provide funding and equipment. And we?ll ensure they have the capacity to maintain their air force.

But most critically, as I stressed in my meeting just two weeks ago with President Ghani and Chairman Abdullah, Afghan leaders have to come together and drive toward a future that the Afghan people want and they deserve.

In our meeting, I also assured Ghani that U.S. support for the people of Afghanistan will endure. We will continue to provide civilian and humanitarian assistance, including speaking out for the rights of women and girls.​

Q Is a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan now inevitable?

THE PRESIDENT: No, it is not.

Q Why?

THE PRESIDENT: Because you ? the Afghan troops have 300,000 well-equipped ? as well-equipped as any army in the world ? and an air force against something like 75,000 Taliban. It is not inevitable.

Q Mr. President, thank you very much. Your own intelligence community has assessed that the Afghan government will likely collapse.

THE PRESIDENT: That is not true.

Q Is it ? can you please clarify what they have told you about whether that will happen or not?

THE PRESIDENT: That is not true. They did not ? they didn?t ? did not reach that conclusion.

Q So what is the level of confidence that they have that it will not collapse?

THE PRESIDENT: The Afghan government and leadership has to come together. They clearly have the capacity to sustain the government in place. The question is: Will they generate the kind of cohesion to do it? It?s not a question of whether they have the capacity. They have the capacity. They have the forces. They have the equipment. The question is: Will they do it?

And I want to make clear what I made clear to Ghani: that we are not going just sus- ? walk away and not sustain their ability to maintain that force. We are. We?re going to also work to make sure we help them in terms of everything from food necessities and other things in ? in the region. But ? but, there?s not a conclusion that, in fact, they cannot defeat the Taliban.

I believe the only way there?s going to be ? this is now Joe Biden, not the intelligence community ? the only way there?s ultimately going to be peace and security in Afghanistan is that they work out a modus vivendi with the Taliban and they make a judgment as to how they can make peace.

And the likelihood there?s going to be one unified government in Afghanistan controlling the whole country is highly unlikely.​

Conclusion: Biden lied, or was blind to the actual circumstances, or both. Modus Vivendi: an arrangement or agreement allowing conflicting parties to coexist peacefully, either indefinitely or until a final settlement is reached.

Last edited:
July 23, 2021 Biden's "private" conversation with with Ghani.

BIDEN: You know, I am a moment late. But I mean it sincerely. Hey look, I want to make it clear that I am not a military man any more than you are, but I have been meeting with our Pentagon folks, and our national security people, as you have with ours and yours, and as you know and I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things aren?t going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban.​

BIDEN: And there?s a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture....

THE PRESIDENT: The Afghan government and leadership has to come together. They clearly have the capacity to sustain the government in place. The question is: Will they generate the kind of cohesion to do it? It?s not a question of whether they have the capacity. They have the capacity. They have the forces. They have the equipment. The question is: Will they do it?

And I want to make clear what I made clear to Ghani: that we are not going just sus- ? walk away and not sustain their ability to maintain that force. We are. We?re going to also work to make sure we help them in terms of everything from food necessities and other things in ? in the region. But ? but, there?s not a conclusion that, in fact, they cannot defeat the Taliban.

I believe the only way there?s going to be ? this is now Joe Biden, not the intelligence community ? the only way there?s ultimately going to be peace and security in Afghanistan is that they work out a modus vivendi with the Taliban and they make a judgment as to how they can make peace.

And the likelihood there?s going to be one unified government in Afghanistan controlling the whole country is highly unlikely.[/indent]

Conclusion: Biden lied, or was blind to the actual circumstances, or both. Modus Vivendi: an arrangement or agreement allowing conflicting parties to coexist peacefully, either indefinitely or until a final settlement is reached.

If the bolded portion of the 7/23 conversation w/ Ghani is a quote, it's pretty clear that Biden lied.

There's a bumper sticker that explains Modus Vivendi...

495303649_6cac3599e9.jpg

Last edited:
If the bolded portion of the 7/23 conversation w/ Ghani is a quote, it's pretty clear that Biden lied.

There's a bumper sticker that explains Modus Vivend...

495303649_6cac3599e9.jpg

Hmmm.

There?s a line of clothing for men with that name - primarily underwear and activewear - the website appears to be designed to appeal to gay men.

I?m not going to post the link - anyone who wants to look can go on their own.

And I also wouldn?t put no pictures from the site on the bumper of my car.

Hmmm.

There?s a line of clothing for men with that name - primarily underwear and activewear - the website appears to be designed to appeal to gay men.

I?m not going to post the link - anyone who wants to look can go on their own.

And I also wouldn?t put no pictures from the site on the bumper of my car.

my sister-in-law is a bumper sticker person. She has had this virtue signaling "coexist" nonsense on every car I've ever seen her drive, along with crap like "eat more kale" and "kill your tv". I keep telling my wife I'm going to ask her brother's wife how many terrorists have seen her bumper sticker and said, "hey that makes a lot of sense, thanks. I'm going to stop killing infidels?"

Last edited:
my sister-in-law is a bumper sticker person. She has had this virtue signaling "coexist" nonsense on every care I've ever seen her drive, along with crap like "eat more kale" and "kill your tv". I keep telling my wife I'm going to ask her brother's wife how many terrorists have seen her bumper sticker and said, "hey that makes a lot of sense, thanks. I'm going to stop killing infidels?"

I want to get a bumper sticker ?my dogs eat meat and so do I;? but you never know what crazy person is going to see it and throw a red paint all over your car.

I want to get a bumper sticker ?my dogs eat meat and so do I;? but you never know what crazy person is going to see it and throw a red paint all over your car.

I remember a mid 1970s National Lampoon Magazine bumper-sticker parody that included:

"I speed up to run over small animals."

It was to counter a popular sticker that said "I brake for small animals!"

Personally, I try not to put bumper stickers on my car. I think it's a little declass?.

I have a Michigan alumni association sticker in the back window, but it's stuck on the inside of the glass & the windows are tinted, so it's not very visible.

Not sure what's worse, "virtue signaling"... or picking fights with people who are "virtue signaling" by taking the rhetorical opposite of the language.

I mean, if someone comes up and says to me "Be Kind to Animals," and I get angry and say "I'm going to purposefully harm animals" I would kinda wonder if I'm actually just not a very good person.

I remember a mid 1970s National Lampoon Magazine bumper-sticker parody that included:

"I speed up to run over small animals."

It was to counter a popular sticker that said "I brake for small animals!"

That one takes it a little too far IMO but I do like the mock PETA t-shirts "People Eating Tasty Animals"

Last edited:
Was it worth the bergdahl exchange under Obama/Biden?

Nope 4 former Gitmo prisoners now members of the new Taliban government. Biden is an absolute fucking disaster and blinken is a utter fool he acts surprised the taliban isn?t doing what they promised they would, it?s unreal how ignorant these morons are.

Last edited:
Was it worth the bergdahl exchange under Obama/Biden?

Nope 4 former Gitmo prisoners now members of the new Taliban government. Biden is an absolute fucking disaster and blinken is a utter fool he acts surprised the taliban isn?t doing what they promised they would, it?s unreal how ignorant these morons are.

The State Department is far less concerned about the fact that the new government has an FBI most wanted terrorist as it's interior minister - their biggest concern is the new government ?consists exclusively of individuals who are members of the Taliban or their close associates and no women.?

The State Department went on to say that it was ?concerned by the affiliations and track records of some of the individuals.? At least the fact that a wanted terrorist and 4 former Gitmo prisoners hold high level positions is a secondary concern to them.

The State Department is far less concerned about the fact that the new government has an FBI most wanted terrorist as it's interior minister - their biggest concern is the new government ?consists exclusively of individuals who are members of the Taliban or their close associates and no women.?

The State Department went on to say that it was ?concerned by the affiliations and track records of some of the individuals.? At least the fact that a wanted terrorist and 4 former Gitmo prisoners hold high level positions is a secondary concern to them.

That?s right thier more concerned with Jan 6 trump supporters. It?s disgusting.

Our track record bringing actual criminals to Guantanamo and convicting them of something - anything - is not very good. So I don't find the last part troubling in the way you do. More troubling in the way people were warning about how we were tearing up our Constitution to go chase ghosts on the other side of the planet.

Our track record bringing actual criminals to Guantanamo and convicting them of something - anything - is not very good. So I don't find the last part troubling in the way you do. More troubling in the way people were warning about how we were tearing up our Constitution to go chase ghosts on the other side of the planet.

I'm sure you don't. I wouldn't expect you to understand the problem with having one of the FBI's most wanted terrorists or formerly detained terrorists in senior level positions in the new Afghan government - you know, because our government has done bad things in the past so they're at least morally equivalent, if not superior especially the guys who were never convicted.

I'm sure you don't. I wouldn't expect you to understand the problem with having one of the FBI's most wanted terrorists or formerly detained terrorists in senior level positions in the new Afghan government - you know, because our government has done bad things in the past so they're at least morally equivalent, if not superior especially the guys who were never convicted.

I put a lot less stock in what the FBI says than you do.

Shit, you were even all up in arms about the FBI's actions in Michigan, but here I guess since they're telling you a Muslim guy is bad, you swallow the KoolAid...

Back