Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I guess we lost the Afghanistan War

I saw another article - I can't find it now, but I'll look later - analyzed all the media coverage on the big corporate networks for Afghanistan in 2020 and calculated it added up to 5 minutes TOTAL.

Of course now that we're leaving, it's a crisis and important to know about again. totally absurd

hmmm, I wonder if something else was going on in 2020 that may have taken precedent and dominated corporate media attention. Plus, it's kind of hard for the media to make Afghanistan look bad when not a single US serviceperson was killed during 11 of the 12 months of 2020 especially when you have to constantly drive home false narratives about a President you don't like..

Last edited:
By an account I just read (former Army captain & state dept. foreign affairs officer - link) (also interviewed on Democracy Now) much of the money we handed out there went right to the Taliban themselves.

He states that's one of the reasons the US occupation was relatively low casualty... a lot of our firebases existed somewhat peacefully because they were paying money for "local development" - A LOT of money according to him - that was either directly or eventually ending up with the Taliban.

If you hate your neighbor, but he hands you $400,000 IN CASH per month... are you really going to complain? Let alone try to force him out of the neighborhood...

The reference to Milo Minderbender in Catch-22 is entirely apt. The amount of money earmarked for Afghanistan that never left Northern VA is a bit shocking but not surprising... I think that's what it was all about.

Now there are reports "ISIS" bombed Kabul and killed our troops.

what ISIS is doing there, and why we're just hearing about this now... are never questioned. But of course we need to remain longer... private schools and real estate in DC aren't cheap!

According to the NYT and NYP, ISIS-K has been in Afghanistan actively fighting both the Afghan army and Taliban since 2015 (apparently ISIS-K thinks the Taliban are too progressive).

Last edited:
Is that was CNN tells you? The only mess in FL is too many people moving there to escape prison planet blue cites

also this:
Florida COVID update: 901 added deaths, largest single-day increase in pandemic history
is this a mess? or is it good people are dying in record numbers?

also this:
Florida COVID update: 901 added deaths, largest single-day increase in pandemic history
is this a mess? or is it good people are dying in record numbers?

Worthless data CDC has already proven they can?t be trusted, they were already caught once trying to inflate FL numbers, politicize it cuz DeSantis isn?t complying with the fraudchi narrative.

With covid or of covid?
Vaccinated vs unvaccinated?
Underlying conditions vs non?
Nobody dies of the flu anymore?

Without specifics it?s all subjective, people die everyday. nobody lives for forever, death is undefeated.

Last edited:
Worthless data CDC has already proven they can?t be trusted they were already caught once trying to politicize it cuz DeSantis isn?t complying with the fraudchi narrative

With covid or of covid?
Vaccinated vs unvaccinated?
Underlying conditions vs non?
Nobody dies of the flu anymore?

Without specifics it?s all subjective, people die everyday. nobody lives for forever, death is undefeated.

Yup stats do not lie Florida is a mess. No worries it will be under water some time in the future anyway. All those people will have to move again.

Last edited:
Yup stats do not lie Florida is a mess. No worries it will be under water some time in the future anyway. All those people will have to move again.

Heard that one before to, wasn?t that supposed to have already happened? #Manbearpig

Psaki: says no Americans are stranded.
Harris: On her Asian Comedy tour.
Biden: Dozing before heads of state, checking the time before 13 dead soldiers, putting his face in his hands when challenged by a reporter ?not on the list? ? for starters.

He is clearly unfit to serve as president. But so is Harris. And Pelosi. So we?re to Leahy, who is 80, and a comic-book devotee. Perfect.

Psaki: says no Americans are stranded.
Harris: On her Asian Comedy tour.
Biden: Dozing before heads of state, checking the time before 13 dead soldiers, putting his face in his hands when challenged by a reporter ?not on the list? ? for starters.

He is clearly unfit to serve as president. But so is Harris. And Pelosi. So we?re to Leahy, who is 80, and a comic-book devotee. Perfect.

So was Trump but then we were stuck with him for 4 fucked in years in which he divided this country more then any single president in history.

So was Trump but then we were stuck with him for 4 fucked in years in which he divided this country more then any single president in history.

Were that even the case, continuing -- exacerbating -- the ineptitude is no solution.

Pentagon confirms Americans were left behind

This will be Biden?s legacy left Americans behind . He is an unmitigated disaster. It is completely unacceptable there are a lot of vets very pissed off about this

Last edited:
Political cartoons really do say it best

309177_image.jpeg

Both Biden and Ghani were absolutely clueless as to how dire the situation was in losing control to insurgents per transcripts

WASHINGTON, Aug 31 (Reuters) - In the last call between U.S. President Joe Biden and his Afghanistan counterpart before the Taliban seized control of the country, the leaders discussed military aid, political strategy and messaging tactics, but neither Biden nor Ashraf Ghani appeared aware of or prepared for the immediate danger of the entire country falling to insurgents, a transcript reviewed by Reuters shows.

The men spoke for roughly 14 minutes on July 23. On August 15, Ghani fled the presidential palace, and the Taliban entered Kabul. Since then, tens of thousands of desperate Afghans have fled and 13 U.S. troops and scores of Afghan civilians were killed in a suicide bombing at the Kabul airport during the frenetic U.S. military evacuation.

Reuters reviewed a transcript of the presidential phone call and has listened to the audio to authenticate the conversation. The materials were provided on condition of anonymity by a source who was not authorized to distribute it.

In the call, Biden offered aid if Ghani could publicly project he had a plan to control the spiraling situation in Afghanistan. ?We will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is,? Biden said. Days before the call, the U.S. carried out air strikes to support Afghan security forces, a move the Taliban said was in violation of the Doha peace agreement.

The American leader?s words indicated he didn?t anticipate the massive insurrection and collapse to come 23 days later. ?We are going to continue to fight hard, diplomatically, politically, economically, to make sure your government not only survives, but is sustained and grows,? said Biden.

The White House Tuesday declined to comment on the call.

I think it's obviously first and foremost, a failure of the intelligence agencies that were supposed to inform him of the reality on the ground. Biden will take the blame for it though, because those people are above reproach.

It's kinda surprising to me how there was almost no media coverage of this whatsoever, and then all the sudden it became almost constant, and obviously slanted to a narrative about how this was "botched." Our "foreign policy establishment" - ie the defense contractors making money off this farce - apparently were caught unaware it would actually end some day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's obviously first and foremost, a failure of the intelligence agencies that were supposed to inform him of the reality on the ground. Biden will take the blame for it though, because those people are above reproach.

It's kinda surprising to me how there was almost no media coverage of this whatsoever, and then all the sudden it became almost constant, and obviously slanted to a narrative about how this was "botched." Our "foreign policy establishment" - ie the defense contractors making money off this farce - apparently were caught unaware it would actually end some day.

"The buck stops here."

It might not be right but every president deals with it. I don't care who takes the blame to be honest, just glad we're out.

I'm sure some intelligence people will be reprimanded or fired due to this gaffe, obviously it just won't get headlines.

The faux outrage is amusing to watch, no doubt. Thousands die propping up a paper government and nobody cares, a few die during the withdrawal and everyone loses their mind.

Last edited:
Back