Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Inge back tomorrow

Spockmaster said:
i just realized, what the hell is the roster move when guillen can come off the DL?

Hopefully he is ready on or just after September 1st.

it looks like a platoon at third, Inge starts vs. left handers, and Betemit starts vs. right handers. late innings probably to Inge.

amounts to a 24 man roster with Maggs not hitting and a liabilty in rightfield. geez,
Inge must have driven Toledo manager Phil Nevin nuts and he called to bring him back or he would quit.

and fewer ABs, but Dirks is 9-for-28 (.321) against left-handed pitching this year.

i still dont have ANY idea why maggs is still on the roster. he's beyond useless at this point.

I don't know whats worse, inge coming up, or dirks going down. wtf

Did inge get the POTG this game?

F*ck sacred cows.

Watch, tomorrow's lineup will include Inge, Raburn and Magglio. Don't laugh, it could happen.

johnny2x2x said:
Watch, tomorrow's lineup will include Inge, Raburn and Magglio. Don't laugh, it could happen.

WTF. this comment actually pissed me off

jh1spartanfan said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Leyland's explanation for Inge's return was that Tigers are playing a lot of LHP coming up. Inge will start Saturday, play vs. LHP.
Great, the all mighty Cringe and his shit eating grin.
If they go in the tank put his head on a stick.
only kidding higgyfan.
Leyland is a f***ing joke.

Leyland does not decide the 25-man roster. Not since the 2009 season.

MI_Thumb said:
Dirks optioned to Toledo tonight, Inge contract purchased.

Will be available tomorrow.

Fuck, I feel bad for dirks.

Is this a fucking joke?

johnny2x2x said:

Thank God i'm going to be stonecold drunk and high at MY Stag and Doe tomorrow. This is fn brutal.....

Spockmaster said:
mjsb2 said:
Just for two weeks.
you say that, but i bet you this lasts the rest of the year and into the playoffs if we make it. plus dirks wont be playoff-eligible now in that event.

Well yeah, Inge will be on the team for the remainder of the year.

Dirks will be back up in September, and yeah, he won't be on the postseason roster, but really all that means is he won't be pinch running, because he wasn't going to play in the postseason anyways.

mjsb2 said:
Spockmaster said:
you say that, but i bet you this lasts the rest of the year and into the playoffs if we make it. plus dirks wont be playoff-eligible now in that event.

Well yeah, Inge will be on the team for the remainder of the year.

Dirks will be back up in September, and yeah, he won't be on the postseason roster, but really all that means is he won't be pinch running, because he wasn't going to play in the postseason anyways.

That said, I would like Dirks to be on the playoff roster just because he's the only one who could backup Jackson in CF.

I'm hoping the Tigers will be smart enough to call Dirks up one day early and just send one of the RP down.

With all the extra off days in the post season there is no need for a 12 man pitching staff.

They do this because of 2 of the next 7 pitcher they face are Left handed.. The moves this team makes are flabbergasting.

When DD announced this move on the air last night after the win, I was royally pissed. I have suite tickets for a friend's bday tonight, and am really looking forward to seeing them play Cleveland in the season's biggest series to date. I enjoy watching Dirks play, imho he brings much more as a backup than Inge does, by his ability to pinch run in late innings. Inge's best days are behind him, and this move baffles me. They are already selling out CoPa, not really sure why they had to rush Inge back. He sucks at the plate, is one of the worst everyday players from a hitting standpoint in MLB history, and his range and glove are not what they used to be. I would love to see them dump Maggs, but that won't happen because of his Latin connection. So send down Kelly or Raburn, preferable the latter, but not Dirks. We will miss his energy, speed, and left-handed stick.

Can a reporter please ask during the next press conference why Raburn wasn't sent down or Magglio cut in order to make room for Inge. Going into the post season (if the team makes it at this point) requires more flexibility, not less. Now the only backup outfielder is Kelly, and Dirks was better defensively anyway.

I don't mind Inge's return IF he was going to be strictly a late-inning defensive replacement. He has lost a step, but IMO is still better than anyone else at 3b defensively...but as a platoon or everyday starter?

All I know is Inge better start hitting immediately or the fans are going to boo the crap out of him. And we all know how sensitive he is about that stuff. I sure didn't miss the half assed check swing strike outs since he's been gone.

Bottom line is if Inge performs all will be forgotten. But can Inge play defense anymore, hit for power and not strike out 3 times a game. This move almost seems desperate by D.D. and J.L.

27tigers said:
Can a reporter please ask during the next press conference why Raburn wasn't sent down or Magglio cut in order to make room for Inge.

Are you serious?

Do you know how the waiver-wire process works in Aug-Sept?
Do you really want Cabrera and Martinez sulking over the loss of Magglio right now?

Have you read media reports / Leyland's comments on why Raburn remains and plays?

C'mon.....

Back