Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Inge back tomorrow

tomdalton22 said:
Not a huge deal. All this means is less Kelly at 3B.

Pretty much. It was inevitable. Even if you don't want to admit it to yourselves, deep down you knew Inge was coming back and was going to play.

I like Dirks, but it's not like he's doing that great. OBP right .300 isn't very good at all. He doesn't get on base much and hasn't had a homer since June.

I was hoping Kelly would go down, though. He's had 200 plate appearances this year, which is way, way too many. I'm not going to defend Raburn, but he has been hitting in July and August, so that puts him one up on Magglio, Kelly and Dirks.

You know, Valenti's main topic of his show yesterday was, what are you watching tonight (Friday night)...Preseason Lions Football, or the Tigers against the Indians in the Tigers pursuit of the AL Central title? It is moves like these that make me realize why, as much as I love the Tigers, I opted for mainly the Lions game last night. So many things with this team don't make sense, ranging from making Coke a starter, to giving Leyland and Dombrowski extensions in the middle of the season, to trading for Betemit and rarely letting him play, and now this. I really am starting to wonder, honestly, if this team is even remotely interested in winning. With the way that Jim manages games, I am starting to think not. Putting Valverde in in a non-save situation? Golden. Putting Scherzer out there for the 7th inning when he had already pitched 100+ pitches? I wouldn't have done it, granted he battled and got out of it, but Leyland can't manage his pitchers worth a lick. And then putting Magglio/Raburn at the 3 hole for most of the year? Sigh...I am hoping for the best for this team, I am, but it doesn't look good at all boys. IF this team doesn't make it to the post season, I say the biggest reason is Leyland, and again, if they don't make it, SOMEONE has a LOT of explaining to do with regards to these tasty extensions that Leyland, Dombrowski and Inge all got.

Too many damn pitchers are wimps and don't stretch out their pitch count. I was happy to see Scherzee throw so many. And as bad as JL lineups are etc. the other ALC teams have many problems them selfs which is why Detroit is still in first.

Btw, tie game at home quite a few managers would use their closer in those situations. 9th inning.

People are still complaining about sending Valverde out?

It was the right decision.

mjsb2 said:
People are still complaining about sending Valverde out?

It was the right decision.

In a non-save situation, where he has been absolute garbage? I understand the principle of "putting your best pitcher out there" in that situation, but personally, I wouldn't have done it. Why didn't he throw his golden boy Perry out in that situation?

Jose Valverde in save situations: 35-35, 0.51 ERA, 0.971 WHIP; in non-save situations ? 21G, 2-4, 17R, 14ER, 6.88 ERA, 1.80 WHIP

I had no problem letting Scherzer pitch the 7th. Time for him to be a big boy.

If you'd rather watch preseason football instead of a pennant race baseball game because the closer came in to pitch in a tie game, it's not because you're frustrated, it's because you're a much bigger football fan.

MotownWebGuy said:
27tigers said:
Can a reporter please ask during the next press conference why Raburn wasn't sent down or Magglio cut in order to make room for Inge.

Are you serious?

Do you know how the waiver-wire process works in Aug-Sept?
Do you really want Cabrera and Martinez sulking over the loss of Magglio right now?

Have you read media reports / Leyland's comments on why Raburn remains and plays?

C'mon.....

You really think V-Mart and Miggy will "sulk" if Maggs is let go. What are they both 12 years old???

Maggs is still here because DD and Leyland respect him for what he has accomplished here. I dont necessarily agree with it but I get it.

demmy19 said:
MotownWebGuy said:
Are you serious?

Do you know how the waiver-wire process works in Aug-Sept?
Do you really want Cabrera and Martinez sulking over the loss of Magglio right now?

Have you read media reports / Leyland's comments on why Raburn remains and plays?

C'mon.....

You really think V-Mart and Miggy will "sulk" if Maggs is let go. What are they both 12 years old???

Maggs is still here because DD and Leyland respect him for what he has accomplished here. I dont necessarily agree with it but I get it.

Agree with this. Magglio has had a great career for the Tigers. It's a shame that he's pretty much shot and probably limping out of the game this year. He's not really playing much now, and if replaced, his replacement wouldn't see much time, either.

audiman24 said:
You know, Valenti's main topic of his show yesterday was, what are you watching tonight (Friday night)...Preseason Lions Football, or the Tigers against the Indians in the Tigers pursuit of the AL Central title? It is moves like these that make me realize why, as much as I love the Tigers, I opted for mainly the Lions game last night. So many things with this team don't make sense, ranging from making Coke a starter, to giving Leyland and Dombrowski extensions in the middle of the season, to trading for Betemit and rarely letting him play, and now this. I really am starting to wonder, honestly, if this team is even remotely interested in winning. With the way that Jim manages games, I am starting to think not. Putting Valverde in in a non-save situation? Golden. Putting Scherzer out there for the 7th inning when he had already pitched 100+ pitches? I wouldn't have done it, granted he battled and got out of it, but Leyland can't manage his pitchers worth a lick. And then putting Magglio/Raburn at the 3 hole for most of the year? Sigh...I am hoping for the best for this team, I am, but it doesn't look good at all boys. IF this team doesn't make it to the post season, I say the biggest reason is Leyland, and again, if they don't make it, SOMEONE has a LOT of explaining to do with regards to these tasty extensions that Leyland, Dombrowski and Inge all got.

Just me but I could never pick a preseason football game over the tigers in a pennant race. Now if the Tigers were out of it I would watch the Lions... But last night the football games was taped delayed here in GR so i watched them both... Preseason football is pretty boring I think...

why do people think dirks is hitting better than raburn of late?

post all star raburn is 250 points higher in the OPS category than dirks.

I like preseason some. Certain guys I want to see. I was watching both, Tigers on TV and Lions on PC.

johnny2x2x said:
Watch, tomorrow's lineup will include Inge, Raburn and Magglio. Don't laugh, it could happen.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boesch is sitting for Magglio who is batting 2nd!!! Ramon at 2nd base and of course Inge at 3rd.

This is beyond fucking retarded at this point! I'm seriously going to be sick.

Maybe the rain will continue and halt the game. I do not want to watch this lineup.

in the past hour,
Inge said he let the stress get to him when he struggled this year. Said he lost sight of why he started playing, which was to have fun.
Inge said he had a lot of fun with the MudHens and he is a different player now. Also finally feels 100 percent.
Inge said the option to be released was on the table, but he didn't want to go out that way and play with another team.
Brandon Inge: Man of many tenses. - "I didn

He forgot to have fun so therefor he couldnt see pitches and swung and missed all the time? Or the lack of fun makes his bat check swing instead of an actualy swing? Hes effing ridiculous. Everytime he talks he should be fined.

more Inge;
Inge didn't have to accept assignment when Tigers DFA'ed him, could've asked for release: "Yeah, but you know what? I didn

Back