Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

tumblr_ngjossiG7e1tkxxq7o1_400.gif

He will never be cancelled. "I am what I am." A master of identity politics.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/12/politics/new-york-congress-cuomo-resignation/

Addressing the allegations Friday, Cuomo said in a news conference to "let the review proceed. I'm not going to resign."
"I did not do what has been alleged, period. I won't speculate about people's possible motives," he continued.
He also, without naming names, attacked the lawmakers who have called on him to resign, saying politicians who take positions "without knowing the facts" are "reckless and dangerous" and bowing to "cancel culture."

When Biden denied that he sexually assaulted Tara Reade, Schumer said that said denial was “sufficient.” Now the hyenas are turning on a vulnerable politician. I don’t know what the truth is on this, but there is due process for a reason. It’s something that all of Cuomo’s callers for resignation would feel entitled to.

When Biden denied that he sexually assaulted Tara Reade, Schumer said that said denial was ?sufficient.? Now the hyenas are turning on a vulnerable politician. I don?t know what the truth is on this, but there is due process for a reason. It?s something that all of Cuomo?s callers for resignation would feel entitled to.

It?s shade.

It?s all a diversion from the nursing home debacle and cover up.

They want to get him out of there for that without getting him out of there for that.

It?s shade.

It?s all a diversion from the nursing home debacle and cover up.

They want to get him out of there for that without getting him out of there for that.

It's like the NCAA. Democrats self impose a bit more, Republican need to get pushed out or they probably aren't going, and either way it has more to do with public perception than consistent application of the rules. Al Franken wasn't a blue blood. Trump is more like Clemson, it's not that he's a blue blood, he's not, but he's won too much recently to treat like he's not a blue blood.

It's like the NCAA. Democrats self impose a bit more, Republican need to get pushed out or they probably aren't going, and either way it has more to do with public perception than consistent application of the rules. Al Franken wasn't a blue blood. Trump is more like Clemson, it's not that he's a blue blood, he's not, but he's won too much recently to treat like he's not a blue blood.

"let the review proceed. I'm not going to resign. I did not do what has been alleged, period. I won't speculate about people's possible motives,"
- Andrew Cuomo, (apparently) Republican Governor of New York

Last edited:
"let the review proceed. I'm not going to resign. I did not do what has been alleged, period. I won't speculate about people's possible motives,"
- Andrew Cuomo, (apparently) Republican Governor of New York

But dems are turning on him like they did with Franken. That happens less on the other side.

But dems are turning on him like they did with Franken. That happens less on the other side.

It doesn't. Virtually every Republican pulled support for Todd Akin and Roy Moore. Both were pressured by virtually everyone in the party to withdraw and be replaced. Al Franken, who probably won his seat due to voter fraud, was a sacrificial lamb during the height of the "me too" movement and in the case of Cuomo, the only reason they're going after him is because it's better that he goes down for this than for the nursing home scandal. Unless they said something recently, Biden and Harris are both silent on the Cuomo scandal.

Otherwise, the Dems circle the wagons - they get behind all the crazy shit Tlaib, Omar and Pressley say without question. It's simply not true that Dems self-censure more than Republicans - if you were really to examine it, I bet it's the opposite of what you think.

Last edited:
It doesn't. Virtually every Republican pulled support for Todd Akin and Roy Moore. Both were pressured by virtually everyone in the party to withdraw and be replaced. Al Franken, who probably won his seat due to voter fraud, was a sacrificial lamb during the height of the "me too" movement and in the case of Cuomo, the only reason they're going after him is because it's better that he goes down for this than for the nursing home scandal. Unless they said something recently, Biden and Harris are both silent on the Cuomo scandal.

Otherwise, the Dems circle the wagons - they get behind all the crazy shit Tlaib, Omar and Pressley say without question. It's simply not true that Dems self-censure more than Republicans - if you were really to examine it, I bet it's the opposite of what you think.

I'm open to the idea that it's perception, but I also don't think these are equivalent. Akin didn't step down get removed, he lost reelection. Roy Moore was the Republican nominee in a Senate election after he was removed from office (by a panel of judges).

I'm open to the idea that it's perception, but I also don't think these are equivalent. Akin didn't step down get removed, he lost reelection. Roy Moore was the Republican nominee in a Senate election after he was removed from office (by a panel of judges).

It's not equivalent - in both cases those Republicans were completely disavowed by the party IMMEDIATELY. The RNC stopped supporting their election bids and both were asked to step down during the race. The Dems circled the wagons around candidate Biden when he was credibly accused of sexual assault despite his well documented history of inappropriate behavior with women and young girls. If Cuomo didn't have this nursing home cloud hanging over his head he wouldn't be getting pressure to resign.

Also, when asked what it would take to change her mind and call for Cuomo to step down, didn't the top Dem in NY's Congress say a 4th accuser would have to come forward - 3 just wasn't enough for her. And, it should be pointed out that Schumer & Gilibrand didn't call for his resignation until one of the accusers (Lindsay Boylan) threatened to start a PAC to support primary challenges against them - this of course was AFTER his accuser total hit 4+.

Last edited:
It's not equivalent - in both cases those Republicans were completely disavowed by the party, the RNC stopped supporting their election bids and both were asked to step down during the race. The Dems circled the wagons around candidate Biden when he was credibly accused of sexual assault despite his well documented history of inappropriate behavior with women and young girls. If Cuomo didn't have this nursing home cloud hanging over his head he wouldn't be getting pressure to resign.

Also, when asked what it would take to change her mind and call for Cuomo to step down, didn't the top Dem in NY's Congress say a 4th accuser would have to come forward - 3 just wasn't enough for her. And, it should be pointed out that Schumer & Gilibrand didn't call for his resignation until one of the accusers (Lindsay Boylan) threatened to start a PAC to support primary challenges against them - this of course was AFTER his accuser total hit 4+.

What are the odds if I google any of this I discover you failed to mention context that changes the story completely? It gets old.

And how can you win a Republican primary and run as a Republican while being completely disavowed by the party?

And how can you win a Republican primary and run as a Republican while being completely disavowed by the party?

I'm not sure of the timing for Roy Moore but in the case of Akin, his comment was made during the general election.

Edit: That appears to be the case for the accusations against Roy Moore as well. From his Wikipedia page:

On September 26, 2017, he won a primary runoff to become the Republican candidate in a special election for a U.S. Senate seat that had been vacated by Jeff Sessions. In November 2017, during his special election campaign for U.S. Senate, several public allegations of sexual misconduct were made against Moore.

Last edited:
Also from Wikipedia:

President Donald Trump, however, endorsed Moore and accepted his denials.[8][9] Alabama Republicans largely defended Moore.[10][11] The Republican National Committee initially cut ties with Moore after the allegations were reported but later restored funding to his campaign.[9]

Also from Wikipedia:

President Donald Trump, however, endorsed Moore and accepted his denials.[8][9] Alabama Republicans largely defended Moore.[10][11] The Republican National Committee initially cut ties with Moore after the allegations were reported but later restored funding to his campaign.[9]

That's the missing context. Technically, they did stop supporting his election, before they turned around and supported it again.

Also from Wikipedia:

I don't see that on his Wikipedia page or the page for the special election - I do see that Trump endorsed Moore one week before the election in a desperate, self-serving plea to hold on to the seat. In this article by Jonah Goldberg The Wikipedia page for the special election says Republican leaders in Alabama were split w/ some sticking with Moore because it was too late to remove him from the ballot while many promoted a write-in campaign for Luther Strange.

Last edited:
Back