Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

tigermud

Censorship in America

First, they came for Infowars, and they did not speak out?
Because they hated Infowars with a passion.

Then they came for the Republicans, they did not speak out?
Because they did not like Republicans.

Then they came for the Libertarians, they did not speak out?
Because they were not Libertarians

Then they came for the rest of you
and there was no one left to speak for the rest of you.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...g-sites-like-infowars-democratic-senator-says

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018...zabeth-hengs-video-ad-about-communist-crimes/

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...pends-libertarian-accounts-including-ron-paul

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/31/democrats-tech-policy-plans-leaked

The very essence of totalitarianism

Last edited:
First, they came for Infowars, and they did not speak out—

Then they came for the Republicans, they did not speak out—

Then they came for the Libertarians, they did not speak out—

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...g-sites-like-infowars-democratic-senator-says

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018...zabeth-hengs-video-ad-about-communist-crimes/

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...pends-libertarian-accounts-including-ron-paul

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/31/democrats-tech-policy-plans-leaked

Apple, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Spotify removed Alex Jones and his InfoWars show from their platforms in recent days, citing violations of their codes of conduct relating to hate speech.

Apple deleted all episodes for five of InfoWars’ six podcasts, including the popular "Alex Jones Show" podcast, which was hosted by Jones, a prominent conspiracy theorist.

-From the First Link.

"Let not thy heart be troubled...behold!!!

I give you ...Alex Jones and Infowars!!!

And I thus achieved this feat with neither aid from Apple, nor Facebook, nor Youtube, nor Pinterest, and neither Spotify!!

Live Free!!"

Last edited:
I didn't see you on here crying when this was reported.

However, despite Google?s intention to fight the spread of fake news with its algorithmic change, the shift has dramatically reduced the viewership of independent, left-wing outlets.

Well, duh.

Those outlets are where fake news comes from.

Apple, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Spotify removed Alex Jones and his InfoWars show from their platforms in recent days, citing violations of their codes of conduct relating to hate speech.

Apple deleted all episodes for five of InfoWars? six podcasts, including the popular "Alex Jones Show" podcast, which was hosted by Jones, a prominent conspiracy theorist.

-From the First Link.

"Let not thy heart be troubled...behold!!!

I give you ...Alex Jones and Infowars!!!

And I thus achieved this feat with neither aid of Apple, nor Facebook, nor Youtube, nor Pinterest, and neither Spotify!!

Live Free!!"

When the dems are in charge again they'll move to shut down his site altogether. In fact, I wouldn't even be surprised if they do that next either way they'll shut him down on Russia collusion allegations. Modern-day Gestopo book burning, the brown shirt brigades are here.

When the dems are in charge again they'll move to shut down his site altogether. In fact, I wouldn't even be surprised if they do that next either way they'll shut him down on Russia collusion allegations. Modern-day Gestopo book burning, the brown shirt brigades are here.

Nothing will drive traffic to his website more than crazy shit like this.

So, you're comparing Facebook and Apple to Nazis?

No not specially, I'm comparing what is now underway in full force with the tech giants and this large-scale internet censorship, as a whole to totalitarianism and Nazi-like actions. This is how it starts. Slippy slops and whatnot.

Was it wrong when Amazon stopped selling books that attempted to justify and get people get away with pedophilia?

Just because you sell or distribute speech doesn't mean you are obligated to distribute all garbage. You can't make a baker bake a pro-Nazi cake and you can't make Facebook distribute bullshit about white genocide, weather based weapons, anti-vax nonsense, or Sandy Hook hoax stories.

Was it wrong when Amazon stopped selling books that attempted to justify and get people get away with pedophilia?

Just because you sell or distribute speech doesn't mean you are obligated to distribute all garbage. You can't make a baker bake a pro-Nazi cake and you can't make Facebook distribute bullshit about white genocide, weather based weapons, anti-vax nonsense, or Sandy Hook hoax stories.

It's only symbolic anyway.

As I pointed out in post #2 nobody needs Facebook - or anything else to get to Infowars on the internet.

A person can just go to Infowars.

While some of your examples are extreme and you won't find many that disagree. Others such as Anti-Vax nonsense, Weather Modification, bullshit? not everyone agrees about that.

Who decides what is acceptable and what is not? You? "The Community?" The cat lady?

Next to be silenced, climate change deniers, Bill Nye the Science Guy approves.

I do agree that these companies have a right to set their own policies and we the people have the right to continue to use or not use their platforms. I also believe there are very likely anti-trust issues with it all as well. so we'll see how this unfolds.

Last edited:
It's only symbolic anyway.

As I pointed out in post #2 nobody needs Facebook - or anything else to get to Infowars on the internet.

A person can just go to Infowars.

For now. I am confident they will be aiming to shut him down completely next and I think they are going to try and do it through muller investigation to justify it.

Last edited:
What if I get all my news from decorated cakes?

When I do a brower search for "decorated cake news," I get a bunch of sites with news about decorating innovations.

I don't know who does hard news reporting - or even editorial reporting for that matter - using primarily decorated cakes.

While some of your examples are extreme and you won't find many that disagree. Others such as Anti-Vax nonsense, Weather Modification, bullshit? not everyone agrees about that.

Who decides what is acceptable and what is not? You? "The Community?" The cat lady?

Next to be silenced, climate change deniers, Bill Nye the Science Guy approves.

I do agree that these companies have a right do set their own policies and we the people have the right to continue to use or not use their platforms. I also believe there are very likely anti-trust issues with it all as well. so we'll see how this unfolds.

Extreme? You made a slippery slope to a warning about Nazis post.

The cake baker gets to decide what he wants to say or not say on his cakes. As long as he's not discriminating against a protected class, he's free to do that.

Extreme? You made a slippery slope to a warning about Nazis post.

The cake baker gets to decide what he wants to say or not say on his cakes. As long as he's not discriminating against a protected class, he's free to do that.

Yup and i'll stand by it

First, they came for Infowars, and they did not speak out?

Then they came for the Republicans, they did not speak out?

Then they came for the Libertarians, they did not speak out?

When I do a brower search for "decorated cake news," I get a bunch of sites with news about decorating innovations.

I don't know who does hard news reporting - or even editorial reporting for that matter - using primarily decorated cakes.

Maybe this is an under-served market. We should launch The Daily Ganache.

Yup and i'll stand by it

First, they came for Infowars, and they did not speak out—

Nobody has come for Infowars.

I made a link to it in post #2.

So even though I hate Infowars with a passion, I have nevertheless spoken out right here in support of its right to its expression, on this very thread, so to speak.

Last edited:
Back