Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jared Goff

Out of curiosity, how many of you think other teams needing QBs would be happy with getting Goff as opposed to drafting an unknown QB?

I think I would prefer rolling with a QB who has lead their team to a Super Bowl. Stafford never did that.

Yeah, Goff had enough support from his D to make that happen...but you forget how good the D was back when Suh was on the D.

There are no excuses for Stafford not winning a playoff game in 12 years.

I think they now realize that rd 1 talent QBs can come in and produce right away now in this league. And they can do so $20 mil less per year on a rookie contract. That should be the focus for rebuilding teams. Thats why teams literally tank.

In terms off Goff...i think 20 QBs in the league could have led that team to the super bowl. They were great at almost everything. We already know what he is once a run game gets taken away from him...average.

I think they now realize that rd 1 talent QBs can come in and produce right away now in this league. And they can do so $20 mil less per year on a rookie contract. That should be the focus for rebuilding teams. Thats why teams literally tank.

In terms off Goff...i think 20 QBs in the league could have led that team to the super bowl. They were great at almost everything. We already know what he is once a run game gets taken away from him...average.

Goff did his part too. Someone still has to make the throws and make it happen.

Goff has talent. We will find quickly if enough talent to carry a rebuilding team. Answer is probably not but there is a chance. And once Lions rebuild, will he get a shot or not with 4 years on a deal. His cap numbers aren't bad for a starter, not rookie good obvioulsy but rookie is a risk too. Rookie you waste a pick and if they stink, then you wasted that pick forever. With Goff, we are wasting cap space for free agents. Rather have an extra 1st to use on a non QB then be forced to use one on a QB. Lions have options to find a future QB, Goff is one of them but not the only option

Holmes and Campbell went to Trey Lance pro day
. Could get real interesting

In the old day rook QB would sit a year or 3. Lance would probably need it anyway, so it'd work. With that being said I suspect many teams saw him that don't necessary need a QB now.

Back