Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jim Rome

deathroh

Huge douchebag, and his rant yesterday implying that Harbaugh won't last at Michigan because he got pissy with a reporter is beyond stupid, but I wish Jim would have let it be.

Starting a twitter beef during camp and letting what someone else says about you bother you goes completely against what he seems to be preaching to the team.

Here's an article describing Rome's rant..

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...harbaugh-miserable-always-rome-says/88869252/

Harbaugh's tweet..

https://twitter.com/CoachJim4UM/sta...2?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Rome's tweet..

https://twitter.com/jimrome/status/765907275756122112?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Last edited:
I have access to Twitter although I virtually never go on it or look on anyone's Twitter feeds. Because of the OP I did look on Coach Jim for UM and I didn't see anything that Rome posted all I saw it looks like Harbaugh posted the old video of Rome getting shoved around by Jim Everett.

Am I up to speed or is there more to this nonsense that I'm not aware of?

Rome replied with..

"Roasted! Damn, you got me good. Like 42-13 good."

I'll add some more info to the OP.

Rome is a total joke. This is the most attention he's gotten in years and what a weak ass reply to coach.

Fucking Rome isn't a buckeye, he was a USC ass-kisser under Carroll who resented Harbaugh at Stanford.

LMAO at Rome ...he's worse and more irrelevant than finebaum.

Surprised the hypocrisy doesn't bother you, Gulo. Mixed messages to the team.

Surprised the hypocrisy doesn't bother you, Gulo. Mixed messages to the team.

I didn't hear what he said about going in the submarine that you're referencing. I know there's this general submarine idea, but I don't know what he said to the team about it.

Thanks, deathroh and Gulo for catching me up.

Rome got kind of personal...which is what he tends to do...like for example "Chris" Everett...this from a guy who never took a snap under center in his life.

From what I know - and this coming from a guy who graduated from Ann Arbor Pioneer one year ahead of John and the year Jim had played freshman football at Tappan Jr. High - it would mean a lot to Coach Harbaugh to finish his professional career at Michigan.

So I kind of don't blame Harbaugh for being offended.

As for Harbaugh's desire not to share a lot of information about he suspensions at the press conference, I've seen a lot of coaches be like that.

I do hope this shit gets let go at this point though. The most unimportant thing on the planet is Jim Rome's opinion.

I didn't hear what he said about going in the submarine that you're referencing. I know there's this general submarine idea, but I don't know what he said to the team about it.

I'm not necessarily referencing the submarine thing. Did you see his interview on BTN Live last night? I wish there was a transcript somewhere so I didn't have to rely on my memory, but when high expectations were brought up he said something along the lines of telling the team that they shouldn't let what other people say about them impact their actions. That you should do what you have to do regardless of what other say.

Sure some holes could be poked in my hypocrisy comment since I'm sure Jim's still doing his job to the fullest, but in more general terms he's showing the team that he's watching what the media has to say and is letting it impact him. Just what (I'm assuming) he's trying to keep them from doing.

I actually like that he was offended by what Rome said and had no problem with the press conference. Just wish he didn't let it show.

I'm not necessarily referencing the submarine thing. Did you see his interview on BTN Live last night? I wish there was a transcript somewhere so I didn't have to rely on my memory, but when high expectations were brought up he said something along the lines of telling the team that they shouldn't let what other people say about them impact their actions. That you should do what you have to do regardless of what other say.

Sure some holes could be poked in my hypocrisy comment since I'm sure Jim's still doing his job to the fullest, but in more general terms he's showing the team that he's watching what the media has to say and is letting it impact him. Just what (I'm assuming) he's trying to keep them from doing.

That's not unlike a (good) coach or parent to say something like that to their "kids" ...let me handle the douchebag media fags, you just worry about the X's and O's ...

That's not unlike a (good) coach or parent to say something like that to their "kids" ...let me handle the douchebag media fags, you just worry about the X's and O's ...

And I'm sure he'll present it the right way and they'll eat it up. Ok, ok...I'll delete the petition to have him fired that I just typed up.

I think Harbaugh's jab at Rome was brilliant.

He KNOWS that Rome needs a guy like him ...like he needed Everett back then to launch his career. He KNOWS that by digging at Harbaugh, that Rome is trying to get attention ...just like he did with Everett.

Then the irrelevant 42-13 reply from a UCSB Gaucho or UCSC Banana Slug wannabe USC Pete Carroll jock sniffer ....?

Rome is so blatantly pandering to osu fans just to get some attention ...ANY attention at all.

And lol, Angelique and others Liked/Retweeted me when I said "I thought Jim Rome had passed away years ago...? He's still alive??"

Rome has a way of baiting people in his interview. Just like with Herd I guess jim isn't going to be bullyed by the interviewer. I think Kim was 3-1 verses carroll at stanford. I mean heck most coaches are going to hold back on suspended kids right ?

Last edited:
And lol, Angelique and others Liked/Retweeted me when I said "I thought Jim Rome had passed away years ago...? He's still alive??"

I was thinking of posting something like this here.

Of course, probably Angelique Changelis wouldn't necessarily have given it a "like" if I had...

Yeah, there's some hypocrisy there, even without this event, Harbaugh giving that advice is going to require a whole lot of ...nuance. He seems to react to what others say often. Sure he wasn't being specific about preseason rankings?

Yeah, there's some hypocrisy there, even without this event, Harbaugh giving that advice is going to require a whole lot of ...nuance. He seems to react to what others say often. Sure he wasn't being specific about preseason rankings?

I disagree. The BTN interview was about pre-season hype, rankings and so called expecations for the team ...CFB playoff, BT title, etc..

Jim Rome called coach 'miserable' and took a personal shot at the guy.

And Harbaugh isn't a player, he's the coach and he can choose when to engage that sort of thing, letting the players focus on their own jobs.

Jim Rome called coach 'miserable' and took a personal shot at the guy.

For real.

Harbaugh didn't implode at San Diego (I forget if it was SDS or UCSD) or Stanford...he moved up.

He could have moved laterally in the NFL but chose Michigan.

He's reportedly always wanted to coach at Michigan, and supposedly his father told him that if and when he took the Michigan job "be sure that it's going to be your last job."

Rome was talking some very, very personal shit.

Back