Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

John U. Bacon - Eyewitness Reports From MSU

thewolverines24

https://johnubacon.com/2022/11/justice-delayed-for-all-involved/

In the past two weeks I?ve found out more than I wanted to without trying. A number of witnesses have reached out, unsolicited, including two sideline workers who have sent letters to the Big Ten describing what they heard from the MSU players, staffers, and coaches during the game. Frustrated with the Big Ten?s lack of a response, they sent copies to me this week.

In the first, the witness writes, ?While working?on the Michigan State sideline I heard many of their coaches, players, and staff yelling and encouraging [their] players to aim to tackle [Michigan running back] Blake Corum ?at the knees and end his career.?? While I can?t identify specifically who was saying it, I know from turning around a few times after it was yelled that I saw it was a mix of players on the bench, staff in MSU clothing, and Coaches on the sideline yelling ?aim/go for his knees,? ?tackle him at the knees and end his career,? throughout the game. It was very clear the message they were trying to get across to the players: they were encouraging them to try and injure Blake?s knees.?

Although he put his name on the letter, and others have confirmed he is a credible source, there are few things I?m less excited to do than to dive back into this swamp, so I sat on his letter. But then another witness sent me a copy of his letter that he?d sent to the Big Ten, which corroborated much of what the first witness described.

This witness, who attended another Big Ten university, starts by saying he?s been working on the Michigan Stadium sideline crew for a specific number of years, but suffice it to say that it?s been decades, all of them spent on the visiting team sideline.

?The MSU players and staff were by far the most hostile and undisciplined team I have ever been around. Below is a list of things I heard.?

I?ve reduced it here to a few points:

?Constant complaining to the officials. During the second quarter the line judge comments to me that ?this is not what I signed up for.?
?There was an unprecedented amount of trash talk. JJ McCarthy was running the ball and I heard a MSU staff member yell ?break his fucking arm.? The MSU sideline was still using over the top vulgarity even when there was only one minute left in the game.
?Usually after the clock hits 0.00 the referee?s sprint off the field. This game they stayed to break players up on the field. While leaving the field the head referee was confronted by a MSU staff member. The staff member then calls the referee ?a bitch ass mother fucker.? I have never seen anything like that.
?Mel Tucker spent the entire game arguing with the officials. He looked very agitated and never accepted the official?s explanation.?
The witness concludes by saying, ?I will say it was the most toxic and hate filled sideline I have ever been a part of and it starts with the head coach. The staff and players follow his lead.?

I can add that I?ve been on the sidelines a few feet from the Michigan coaches, staffers, and players, for 25 games, and another 4 behind the Penn State bench, and never heard anything like that. What the witnesses are reporting is not common. As one of them told me in our conversation, ?When Ohio State comes to town there?s almost no trash talking. They are focused on trying to win a football game.?

It?s not clear what the Big Ten is doing with this information, if anything. Obviously, these and other eye-witness accounts should be including in the report. Likewise, if the investigators found Michigan players had taunted the Spartans, and if they engaged in any physical altercations, that should be included too. In other words, the investigators should do an honest job of pursuing the truth wherever it leads, without fear or favor ? but they should do it sooner than later.

Yeah, I don't think there's really any way they're going to come out of this looking better.

they played and acted like complete bitches on and off the field that day.

Wow. That is shocking. I hope this isn't true. Not a fan of mel tucker or that team, but if this is true, that whole team needs change of culture. Disgusting

Is it really, though?

I?m not really shocked.

Or surprised.

Not surprised they're complaining a lot. More surprised coaches are screaming to end someone's career. I couldn't imagine any coach doing that at the collegiate level.

Not surprised they're complaining a lot. More surprised coaches are screaming to end someone's career. I couldn't imagine any coach doing that at the collegiate level.

Ya never know.

I started a thread about it on the politics board; I think it?s a national story, about a month ago or so someone leaked a tape of some members of the LA City Council saying horrible racist things. Council President Nury Martinez resigned almost immediately, Kevin DeLeon still lacks the dignity to give up his $300 K a year gig.

Even apparently Bo Schembechler?s statue is tarnished because it seems he might have turned a blind eye to sexual assault.

I?m really never surprised at how blatantly rotten some people can be, and the depths some people can stoop to.

That said - I don?t know that accounts Bacon refers to are true - I?m just not surprised that they exist.

Were there plays in question of being dirty that game? I don't recall any cheap shots or late hits during the game. If Corum was getting his head twisted off after the whistle like Walker last year maybe there'd be something, but I didn't see any of that this year.

Were there plays in question of being dirty that game? I don't recall any cheap shots or late hits during the game. If Corum was getting his head twisted off after the whistle like Walker last year maybe there'd be something, but I didn't see any of that this year.

You have completely missed the point.

This is the first I?ve heard anything about this.

Like I said, I don?t know that anything John U. Bacon is reporting is true.

There?s nothing on the internet about Walker being roughed up last year.

We all saw the video of what happened in the tunnel. We know eight Spartans were suspended.

Who was suspended by Michigan last year for ?twisting Walker?s head off??

We don?t have any video of coaches saying to injure Corum - again, I don?t know if that?s true or not. We do have video of the tunnel. Is there any video of Walker ?getting his head twisted off??

As I recall the game, there were at least two unsportsmanlike penalties called. Both on MSU players. The culture in the MSU program was established by Dantonio and perhaps before that by Izzo's basketball teams.

Whether or not players are actually playing dirty is irrelevant. If the coaches are telling them to ruin Corum's career by smashing his leg or breaking JJ's arm, they need to be out of a job. Those people can not be in college football. Or any level.

Whether or not players are actually playing dirty is irrelevant. If the coaches are telling them to ruin Corum's career by smashing his leg or breaking JJ's arm, they need to be out of a job. Those people can not be in college football. Or any level.

This was the point.

Well thats an obvious. But my point is what do you have to show for it besides some john u bacon tweets? Because nothing that happened on the actual field lines up with those allegations.

Yeah, you?re right.

I don?t assume it?s true.

I wouldn?t have thought it even plausible without the tunnel event.

The thing is?the tunnel event was unimaginable.

Yet it happened.

So?what else unimaginable is real?

Is it possible that Michigan fan/Spartan haters are capitalizing on the tunnel event and making shit up?

Of course it?s possible.

Bacon has spent roughly two decades building his credibility. I doubt he wants to burn it down. If this was another person reporting, I'd pay it no mind.

Yeah, you?re right.

I don?t assume it?s true.

I wouldn?t have thought it even plausible without the tunnel event.

The thing is?the tunnel event was unimaginable.

Yet it happened.

So?what else unimaginable is real?

Is it possible that Michigan fan/Spartan haters are capitalizing on the tunnel event and making shit up?

Of course it?s possible.

So you also think it's possible that a Michigan player started that whole mess like that quack lawyer defending 1 of the spartan players said?

Take your WhatAboutism back to Lansing and shove it up your ass.

Then twist, like you?re trying to break Corum?s leg.

Fuck msu and their cocksucking fans.

Last edited:
Back