Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions draft grades

My thoughts exactly. But i get criticized for it because the homers don't allow anyone on here to have opinions that differ from mayhews. Not a single soul saw him as a 1st round pick on here until nayhew drafted him. Its like they all wash his balls or something.

Not a single soul? To be honest, I don't ever remember talking about Tomlinson ever on this board.

Not a single soul? To be honest, I don't ever remember talking about Tomlinson ever on this board.

I think that's accurate. Not a person on this board said anything about Tomlinson in the first round. Multiple teams scouts and coaches did, but not a person here.

I have been asking where McHughes gets his idea of "value"... I guess it was from our silence?? Don't have a better answer yet.

I thought he was a second round guy. I also thought Bennet was a 2nd round guy. Thought Ifo was a 3rd round guy. Thought Leaf was going to be better than Manning, and thought Curtis Enis would be a complete stud.

Why? Because I read some draft crap before the draft too. I'm not big on mock drafts, but there's lot of draft stuff to read out there. I probably read 500 scouting profiles in the course of 3 months while sitting on the shitter. God I love smart phones.

But that is also why I don't work for an NFL team. Ifo got passed up by all 32 teams about 7 times each. Clearly the draft profiles were wrong. Bennet got passed up by all 32 teams 5 times each. Clearly he wasn't a second rounder to anyone.

And Tomlinson had more than one tead ready to make him a first round pick. Enough so, in fact, he was invited to the opening night of the draft.

Yeah yeah, I know.. "not everyone they invite is expected to be a first rounder". Lie. Every one of them was expected to go in the first, and of the guys who attended, the only one still sitting their for day two was Randy Gregory, and we all know why.

I thought he was a second round guy. I also thought Bennet was a 2nd round guy. Thought Ifo was a 3rd round guy. Thought Leaf was going to be better than Manning, and thought Curtis Enis would be a complete stud.

Why? Because I read some draft crap before the draft too. I'm not big on mock drafts, but there's lot of draft stuff to read out there. I probably read 500 scouting profiles in the course of 3 months while sitting on the shitter. God I love smart phones.

But that is also why I don't work for an NFL team. Ifo got passed up by all 32 teams about 7 times each. Clearly the draft profiles were wrong. Bennet got passed up by all 32 teams 5 times each. Clearly he wasn't a second rounder to anyone.

And Tomlinson had more than one tead ready to make him a first round pick. Enough so, in fact, he was invited to the opening night of the draft.

Yeah yeah, I know.. "not everyone they invite is expected to be a first rounder". Lie. Every one of them was expected to go in the first, and of the guys who attended, the only one still sitting their for day two was Randy Gregory, and we all know why.

agreed

I might be remembering wrong but I was torn between Manning and Leaf because it seem Tennessee never won a big game at the time..

Curtis Enis, lol.

I remember telling a buddy of mine JJ Watt would be a bust.

I think that's accurate. Not a person on this board said anything about Tomlinson in the first round. Multiple teams scouts and coaches did, but not a person here.

I have been asking where McHughes gets his idea of "value"... I guess it was from our silence?? Don't have a better answer yet.

He talks out of his ass, bro. Let's be serious. You absolutely crucified him in this thread lol. Let him talk circles because it's entertaining.

As for Tomlinson. I thought he was a late 1st early 2nd. But wtf do I know? I didn't think the Lions were grabbing him. I was also on the Ifo train in the 3rd and so was every mock or magazine I picked up. Like you said, the GM's, scouts know more than us.

Filling needs and value (at the time) get a grade. A+
How they actually perform is 2 years down the line.

So in your world, pretty much every team gets an A+ for drafting, since most pick players that fill needs.

I don't think I ever posted it, but I saw Tomlinson as a late first/early second and thought that he would be a great pick at 23 if he was or guy... Since I knew he wouldn't last until our 2nd round pick and I did not want to trade up to get him. Should have posted it, but oh well

Got the #1 Guard, the greatest position of need on the team.

So in your world, pretty much every team gets an A+ for drafting, since most pick players that fill needs.

Pretty much. Sometimes it's not a need or a major reach or they gave up too much in a trade.

Gold starrs for everyone. So many factors go into a player working out. At the time, usually picks are the right pick.

And it's not just my world, it's reality.

I don't think I ever posted it, but I saw Tomlinson as a late first/early second and thought that he would be a great pick at 23 if he was or guy... Since I knew he wouldn't last until our 2nd round pick and I did not want to trade up to get him. Should have posted it, but oh well

Rumor is Tampa was taking him with the 2nd pick in Round 2.

Rumor is Tampa was taking him with the 2nd pick in Round 2.

Rumors.......eh.....at this point, I'm glad he's a Detroit Lion.

Bottom line is....if he plays well I'll be happy with the pick.......if he doesn't....I won't be. The arguing about him being picked 5 picks early or 10 picks early or 20 picks early is stupid. It needs to end.

I'm sure a lot of GM's thought the Patriots probably could have gotten Tom Brady as an UDFA. Seems that "reach" turned out OK.

Yes...ink owned me....he totally proved that all these GMs wanted Tomlinson in the first when in reality its pick 28.....the first round is almost over and no one has taken Tomlinson. Totally proved to me how ALL these GMS wanted him. We reached based on a need on a player we elevated due to positive character marks. Hes a 2nd round talent.

Yes...ink owned me....he totally proved that all these GMs wanted Tomlinson in the first when in reality its pick 28.....the first round is almost over and no one has taken Tomlinson. Totally proved to me how ALL these GMS wanted him. We reached based on a need on a player we elevated due to positive character marks. Hes a 2nd round talent.

Answer his fucking question then. You've been dancing around it for days now lol.

Back