Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Madden Ratings?

The tackling machine thats new in Madden is great this year. You don't see defenders run by the RB, or see defenders being "sucked" into the ball carrier. And weight/size + momentum actually play factors.

Also love the fact that in zone the DBs stay with the WRs till they leave their zone.

I think Chris Houston might be rated an 80, will be nice to have two CBs rated in the 80s. And that starting LB trio is nice now too.

People seem to always find a way to cut madden down. It's still a great game..I think people expectations become way to high. Its kind of like the guy that goes to see the Hangover 2 and says he didnt like the plot or that "it wasnt the best movie I've ever seen"... I personally think NCAA is a great game but like Maddens game play better. Your Oline can hold a block long enough to take a drop and read the field, I think the cuts are better, WR play is way better... idk, guess I'm in the minority.

I always prefer Madden, can't wait to experience the new Franchise Mode.

Beez said:
People seem to always find a way to cut madden down. It's still a great game..I think people expectations become way to high. Its kind of like the guy that goes to see the Hangover 2 and says he didnt like the plot or that "it wasnt the best movie I've ever seen"... I personally think NCAA is a great game but like Maddens game play better. Your Oline can hold a block long enough to take a drop and read the field, I think the cuts are better, WR play is way better... idk, guess I'm in the minority.

It sucks having Madden but nothing else. Iwas a Madden guy over games like NFL 2x or whatever they were called. But there is no reason to improve on the game. None.

Just played the demo...love the tackling mechanics in this one. I also like how the linemen engage each other, it seems a bit more realistic. Plus I'm pretty excited for some of the new Franchise mode features.

Ncaa 12 and half a year SI subscription for $50, plus some bull shit dvd. Good deal.

I just DL the demo. One thing I didn't like for the 20th straight year, when I go for a 20 yard pass, the pass its defended by 8 guys. Its one on one initially but once the pass gets there, most of their team converges on the receiver. Stupid Madden.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I just DL the demo. One thing I didn't like for the 20th straight year, when I go for a 20 yard pass, the pass its defended by 8 guys. Its one on one initially but once the pass gets there, most of their team converges on the receiver. Stupid Madden.

not to be a dick but if this is an issue for you, you suck at the game and are mad about it.

Beez said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I just DL the demo. One thing I didn't like for the 20th straight year, when I go for a 20 yard pass, the pass its defended by 8 guys. Its one on one initially but once the pass gets there, most of their team converges on the receiver. Stupid Madden.

not to be a dick but if this is an issue for you, you suck at the game and are mad about it.

You're kidding, right? When have you seen an NFL game where 8 guys are covering a wideout? This isn't about easy or hard but realism. Go back to the college boards you're outta of your league here.

I'm saying I NEVER have 8 guys covering my wr even on all Madden. If you're throwing 20 yard passes over the middle with safety help against a zoned linebacking core, thats your fault, not the games. I have no problem completing 60-70% of my passes n racking up 275-350 yards in a game. Step your game up, dont get mad about it. Also didnt know college boards were a step down from the pro's...good to know. What round did you get drafted in to be here?

You're great at the game blah blah blah. And its not about completions. But the defense moves way too quick when ball is in the air. I don't want most of the team to converge on one small area, even when the wideout reaches in and catches it. Long balls, 40 plus aren't a problem. And I get it, players are closer to the action on those type of routes. But when I throw a pass, the CB or S on the complete opposite side shouldn't be in on the action.

I'm just saying..I dont consider myself a "gamer" or even consider myself great at Madden, I just never have problems with what you're talking about...no need to get all sensitive on me. By the way when I lead into the conversation with "not trying to be a dick" it means I'm going to make a dickish statement but the warning allows me immunity from all dickish backlash.

You mean, this isn't meant to offend but you suck gives me immunity ;-)

Back