Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions pursuing a running back

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019...-preview-detroit-lions-espn-michael-rothstein
Pride Of Detroit Lions Podcast: 2019 NFL trade deadline preview with ESPN?s Lions reporter Michael Rothstein. 72 minutes
What will the Lions do in the next 48 hours? ESPN?s Lions beat reporter breaks it down.

The rumors are already starting to churn with the Detroit Lions and the upcoming trade deadline at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday. Detroit already made one significant move, sending Quandre Diggs to Seattle for a swap of a seventh-round pick to a fifth-round pick.

But it just feels like the Lions aren?t done yet. A running back?perhaps Kenyan Drake?seems like a foregone conclusion, especially after a underwhelming performance from Kerryon Johnson?s backups on Sunday. Darius Slay is reportedly a hot commodity from other teams. And Detroit certainly has other needs (see: pass rusher, linebacker) that could help them jump from mediocre to potential contender.

So what will the Lions do? What should the Lions do? Are they buyers, sellers or neither? Do they make a big swing or do they stay quiet? Are a few of the Lions that are on the last year of their contract (Graham Glasgow, A?Shawn Robinson) safe?

We cover all of that and a lot, lot more on this week?s episode of the PODcast, with special guest Michael Rothstein of ESPN.

This week on the PODcast:
Ryan, Jeremy and Chris break down Lions vs. Giants. Can the Lions build some momentum off this win?

Matthew Stafford was a freakin? legend in the second half.

What?s with the Lions? secondary all of a sudden.

TRADE DEADLINE PREVIEW! ESPN?s Michael Rothstein joins us to talk about Lions trade rumors and what he thinks the Lions will and/or should do.
?Why You Lion??? is back, and Rothstein joins us for an entertaining round of trivia.

Last edited:
I mean in all fairness he got to watch that amazing example of RB by committee this sunday. I never seen so many different RBs run straight into the backs of their lineman then fall down.

it really was dumb not to give up a 5th for Drake.

LOL yup! Good thing they brought in a run game genius offensive coach

Le'Veon hasn't done shit this year, but it is the Jets. If they want to dump his money, I think you at least have to consider it. But no way I'd give up a high round pick for a guy that looks like his 100 yard games might be behind him.

22nd in run yards per game
26th in YPC

Now lose Kerryon. They should add someone who is under contract next year though at least.

Oline for sure has to pick up the run blocking but the RBS aren't helping them out recently with the run reads.

Lions tried to get Devonta Freeman. Glad that didn't work out 3.4 YPC and fumbles

Will have to make due with Johnson, McKissic and Tra Carson

Paul Perkins cut to sign CB Michael Jackson (5th round rookie) off Cowboys PS

Lions "playoff push" at trade deadline

Trade starting safety that they just signed to a deal

sign safety off the street

sign a CB of the Cowboys practice squad

Lions "playoff push" at trade deadline

Trade starting safety that they just signed to a deal

sign safety off the street

sign a CB of the Cowboys practice squad

Got a good team already. Need to execute. Run D, pass rush and run blocking has the talent. Secondary played well first 4 for sure. Need Slay back. Hand back was a good thing. Now give me Daniels and Austin Bryant (practicing)

Schedule lightens up a bit but got to figure out how to beat Bears twice, at Minnesota and Cowboy/Packers again at Ford Field. Or at least win 2 or 3 of those 5 games. 3-2

Win at Raiders, Bucs, at Washington, at Broncos. 3 road games though but those teams clearly can be beat.

10-5-1 can get you good things. And even 9-6-1 you got a shot. 11 wins still very much on the table too.

Got a good team already. Need to execute. Run D, pass rush and run blocking has the talent. Secondary played well first 4 for sure. Need Slay back. Hand back was a good thing. Now give me Daniels and Austin Bryant (practicing)

Schedule lightens up a bit but got to figure out how to beat Bears twice, at Minnesota and Cowboy/Packers again at Ford Field. Or at least win 2 or 3 of those 5 games. 3-2

Win at Raiders, Bucs, at Washington, at Broncos. 3 road games though but those teams clearly can be beat.

10-5-1 can get you good things. And even 9-6-1 you got a shot. 11 wins still very much on the table too.

Their upcoming schedule is easy. @ Wash, TB & @ Denver should be wins. That makes 6

Most likely split with the Bears...maybe sweep, their D isn't as good as last year.

That leaves @ Raiders, vs Dallas, @ MN & vs GB. At best, I see 2 wins (unless GB has nothing to play for)

This week is a must win for them.

9-6-1 does not get you in the playoffs this year.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019...detroit-lions-devonta-freeman-atlanta-falcons
Detroit Lions tried to trade for Falcons RB Devonta Freeman.
The Lions tried to make a big addition to their backfield.
POD

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/30/report-lions-trade-rumors-falcons-devonta-freeman/
Lions 'heavily discussed' trade with Falcons for RB Devonta Freeman.
LionsWire

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...ut-effort-land-rb-devonta-freeman/4096382002/
Lions struck out in effort to land RB Devonta Freeman.
Detnews

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/10...or-falcons-rb-devonta-freeman-per-report.html
Lions ?heavily discussed? a trade for Falcons RB Devonta Freeman.
Mlive

https://twitter.com/i/status/1189594002376609792
A look at the almost trade betwen the #Falcons and #Lions centered around RB Devonta Freeman.

Last edited:
Their upcoming schedule is easy. @ Wash, TB & @ Denver should be wins. That makes 6

Most likely split with the Bears...maybe sweep, their D isn't as good as last year.

That leaves @ Raiders, vs Dallas, @ MN & vs GB. At best, I see 2 wins (unless GB has nothing to play for)

This week is a must win for them.

9-6-1 does not get you in the playoffs this year.

They?ll miss the playoffs by a wk1 tie book it cuz that?s how the lions roll

I saw a pick 13 projection. Id like to get that into the top 10 by the end of the year. This team is going no where with that defense.

I saw a pick 13 projection. Id like to get that into the top 10 by the end of the year. This team is going no where with that defense.

No. Loser mentality

This defense has played well the first 3 weeks. Faced some real good offense and did enough against Giants with the turnover for TD and 4th Quarter 4th down stops. Barkley literally had the worst full game of the season for him at 3.4 YPC too.

Lions D should handle Raiders, Bears twice, Skins and Cowboys coming up. If they don't then worry about the defense.

Vikings are hot, Rodgers got chance after chance due to refs and Chief had Maholmes. Hardest stretch of offense we face.

Last edited:
Last edited:
No. Loser mentality

This defense has played well the first 3 weeks. Faced some real good offense and did enough against Giants with the turnover for TD and 4th Quarter 4th down stops. Barkley literally had the worst full game of the season for him at 3.4 YPC too.

Lions D should handle Raiders, Bears twice, Skins and Cowboys coming up. If they don't then worry about the defense.

Vikings are hot, Rodgers got chance after chance due to refs and Chief had Maholmes. Hardest stretch of offense we face.

Wasn?t happy with my QB options this week for fantasy in two leagues so I picked up David Carr to start against the lions just for this one game then I?ll drop him I know the lions D won?t let me down

No. Loser mentality

Smart mentality. 4 qbs will go on the top 10 next year. Anything in the top 10 gets you a top 6 talent. People that actually watch football already know this.

Carr is 7th in qb rating right behind stafford
Jacobs 5 ypc
Tyrell williams and waller are solid

This toughest non division road test left

Raiders d is bad

Back