Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Re-Sign Okwara

rowns signed S John Johnson, formerly of the Rams, to a three-year, $33.75 million contract.
Johnson will also receive $24 million guaranteed. Browns DC Joe Woods had mentioned wanting to call more dime and three-safety coverages last year, and Johnson's availability will allow him to do so along with Grant Delpit and Ronnie Harrison. The 25-year-old prized acquisition also graded as Pro Football Focus' No. 5 safety among 172 qualifiers last year, additionally sharing Brandon Staley's play-calling with the rest of Los Angeles' defense. He'll be viewed as the leader amongst Cleveland's secondary.

rowns signed S John Johnson, formerly of the Rams, to a three-year, $33.75 million contract.
Johnson will also receive $24 million guaranteed. Browns DC Joe Woods had mentioned wanting to call more dime and three-safety coverages last year, and Johnson's availability will allow him to do so along with Grant Delpit and Ronnie Harrison. The 25-year-old prized acquisition also graded as Pro Football Focus' No. 5 safety among 172 qualifiers last year, additionally sharing Brandon Staley's play-calling with the rest of Los Angeles' defense. He'll be viewed as the leader amongst Cleveland's secondary.

Damn. That was our big splash guy. Would have been a good, young safety corp with him and Walker. I guess this is a good waste year to find out what Harris can do.

Not that Johnson would have been a big difference maker in the overall W/L record....but I see 1-2 wins in 2021.

Damn. That was our big splash guy. Would have been a good, young safety corp with him and Walker. I guess this is a good waste year to find out what Harris can do.

Not that Johnson would have been a big difference maker in the overall W/L record....but I see 1-2 wins in 2021.

Sure, with how the team is on paper at the moment, 1-2 wins would be a legit forecast, but there year there are many teams shedding players and the Lions are going to pick up a few in FA and then there is the draft. The D will be better than 2021, and Goff is not a massive drop off from Stafford in reality, despite all the Rams gave up to get Stafford. The new Lions staff took advantage of the Rams and it will pay off for several years.

I believe the Lions will actually score more points and give up fewer points in 2021 compared to 2020. I am of the opinion they score over 425 and give up less than 475. Still a negative +/-, but better than 2020. Probably a 6 to 8 win season next year. If I had to wager $1,000 on which is more likely, I would go with the 6-8 wins as opposed to the 1-2 you are forecasting. Patricia was a HORRIBLE coach...really difficult to duplicate that level of terrible coaching. Joe Bonham would have made a better coach than Patricia....would have been more respected and gotten his players to play harder for him at a minimum.

I do agree on Johnson, he could have been our new Glover Quinn.

Malik Hooker (injury risk but solid), Shawn Williams, Anthony Harris, Lamarcus Joyner (former Ram), Tre Boston (FS only), Keanu Neal (SS only), Damontae Kazee, Karl Joseph, Ricardo Allen all out there still

I'd like a vet and double down with Holland in Round 2 now that they signed Okwara. Especially since Walker a FA next year and Will Harris sucks

Back