Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Trade Jeff Okudah to The Falcons

5th rounder only. Woof

But some cap space, he was destined to be a backup with Sutton, Mosely, CGJ added. Jacobs and Harris the backups and can still draft a future CB.

He was probably getting cut anyway. They were not picking up his option. Save money I guess this is all he was worth. Any player from the Quinn Patrica era gone !

Best ability is available and it was clear we weren?t going to offer the 5th year option. Better to get something over nothing.

Not a bad move by ATL.

Would have liked to see if they could transition him to safety last year.

A good move but all the praise he was getting early on and high 1st round pick. I'll reiterate never draft a CB that early.

A good move but all the praise he was getting early on and high 1st round pick. I'll reiterate never draft a CB that early.

Sauce was worth the pick for the Jets.

If we use a high pick on a CB, I?d trust Campbell, Glenn and now Bly to develop the player. I don?t think development was there under our last regime for any position.

If we use a high pick on a CB, I?d trust Campbell, Glenn and now Bly to develop the player. I don?t think development was there under our last regime for any position.
What's so great about Campbell, Glenn and Bly. What has any of them ever done. 9-8, worst D in the NFL - and a big I for incomplete.

Even the draftee knew better, quoted on 4/23/2020.

"It's crazy being drafted that high," Okudah said in a conference call with Detroit reporters.​

Most of his teaching was with this regime. Offseason 2021 and 2022 he was back by OTAs/start of camp I thought. Achilles slowed Okudah down. Lions got 3 new CBs and will draft so no reason to have a 10 million backup or pick up 11.5 million 5th year option.

What's so great about Campbell, Glenn and Bly. What has any of them ever done. 9-8, worst D in the NFL - and a big I for incomplete.

I agree, they still have to prove it. I have a different feeling and trust w this regime than I did w the past.

JSN not a pure X but Lions could make it work with Jameson, JSN and St Brown (and Reynolds this year). JSN and Jameson some X and some Z

5 years of JSN versus like 3 of Hopkins too and much cheaper.

That said, Hopkins for 3 years giving up pick 55, trade back and take a CB (add a 1st) and then add Cancey at 18 is better than just JSN and a worse CB and a 2024 1st and whoever we would pick at pick 55 (for 4 years, Hopkins probably get 3 years). Though there is cap space too in play

Last edited:
Making room for #3 and DHop!!!!

If we had to take on dhops salary to get #3...I think I'd do it.

Anderson and Hutch too good to pass up.

Marvin Jones as your 4, kalif 5. Ya youre in a good spot lol. Probably cutting Reynolds and cephus.

Reactions: 503
If we had to take on dhops salary to get #3...I think I'd do it.

Anderson and Hutch too good to pass up.

Marvin Jones as your 4, kalif 5. Ya youre in a good spot lol. Probably cutting Reynolds and cephus.

If you want to get #3 and Hopkins from AZ you are likely going to have to give them 6 & 18

Taking on a 31 year old WR and giving him a big contract.

IMO, that would be stupid.

Last edited:
Back