Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Trade Jeff Okudah to The Falcons

If you want to get #3 and Hopkins from AZ you are likely going to have to give them 6 & 18

Taking on a 31 year old WR and giving him a big contract.

IMO, that would be stupid.

I don't understand 503's obsession with bringing on Hopkins. Huge contract. Over 30. Not super productive the last 2 years. Yards per target declining. Has had exactly ONE catch over 40 yards the last 2 years, so is no longer a "big play" WR. AND we'd have to likely give a 1st just to get him.

It wouldn't be stupid......it would be Millenesque.

At $19M/year......id much rather have a guy that still has big plays in him. That's too much for a good possession WR. Keep Reynolds and put the money into the defense.

I don't understand 503's obsession with bringing on Hopkins. Huge contract. Over 30. Not super productive the last 2 years. Yards per target declining. Has had exactly ONE catch over 40 yards the last 2 years, so is no longer a "big play" WR. AND we'd have to likely give a 1st just to get him.

At $19M/year......id much rather have a guy that still has big plays in him. That's too much for a good possession WR. Keep Reynolds and put the money into the defense.

I'd give up 48 for him but separate from any trade up to 3. Still a good WR, not elite or anything though anymore and had the suspension for performance enhancing/injury risk. So it's definitely a risk and you lose cap space. I'm worried this team needs an X though to properly function. Can Marvin and Reynolds be that enough this year to maintain a top 5 offense. To me the Chark loss was bigger than people think. Offense took off when he came back.

Let Jameson be the Z and St Brown the slot and Marvin/Reynolds/Raymond great depth. Still have pick 6, pick 18, pick 55 and Round 3 for defense and future guard (with 3 guards as FAs next year). And two 5ths and two 6ths now for some development/ST players/kicker. And then sign Teddy Bridgewater too.

Last edited:

He's played too much madden on gm mode

DHop was the number 1 WR in the NFL from 10/20 - 11/21. Those were his first 5 games back from suspension and having Kyler as his QB. 45 catches, 487yrds and 2 TDs.

I would be more interested in moving up to secure Anderson Jr. DHop would be a bonus to the deal.

DHop/St Brown/ Jamo. Hutch/Anderson Jr

We?d be ready to roll!

Anderson or Carter is who I want w our first pick.

#18 best CB available.

I don?t think moving up to #3 and taking on the massive cap hit w DHop would cost us #18. Maybe 6/48/81 and next year 2nd.

#18 best CB available.

I don?t think moving up to #3 and taking on the massive cap hit w DHop would cost us #18. Maybe 6/48/81 and next year 2nd.

2nd and David Johnson last time he was traded

I would say give up a 2nd but nothing more.

#18 best CB available.

I'd agree. It would take 6 48 and 81 just to move to 3. So if you look at it as a separate transaction we'd be taking a salary dump for next years 2nd to get dhop for 2 years. 19 mil this year. 14 mil next year.

While i agree with you booger..19 mil for dhop is millenesque.
We have the room this year so may as well use it. Its only 14 mil next year which is reasonable... then he's gone. And youre getting Anderson for 5 years.

I'd do it.

2nd and David Johnson last time he was traded

I would say give up a 2nd but nothing more.

I don?t know if I?d give up a 2nd straight up for DHops. I?d want to move up to #3 and secure either Anderson Jr or Carter to play next to Hutch for the next 6-8 years. Let me move up to #3 and then I?ll throw in the extra next year 2nd for Hopkins.

I think there?s a huge gap in talent between Anderson Jr vs Tyree Wilson. Possible the same gap we see saw in 2020 when when we missed out on Chase Young by one pick and settled w Jeff the 5th rounder Okudah.

I don?t know if I?d give up a 2nd straight up for DHops. I?d want to move up to #3 and secure either Anderson Jr or Carter to play next to Hutch for the next 6-8 years. Let me move up to #3 and then I?ll throw in the extra next year 2nd for Hopkins.

I think there?s a huge gap in talent between Anderson Jr vs Tyree Wilson. Possible the same gap we see saw in 2020 when when we missed out on Chase Young by one pick and settled w Jeff the 5th rounder Okudah.

Carter will be there at 6

Carter will be there at 6

Maybe, but Carter and Anderson JR both won?t be there at #6. You move up to #3 and secure the player you want to build your defense around w Hutchinson for the next 5+ years.

Back