Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Trade Van Noy

I dont understand this move...LBer is arguably our worst position depth wise - what did we get in return? I cant imagine its anything more than a 6th round pick.

Another site said its Van Noy + a 7th for a 6th rounder.

Id rather they have kept Van Noy and cut him this off season than trade him mid season and get basically a 7th rounder in return.

Wee, our prized 2nd round pick devolved into basically nothing.

I am not high on Van Noy, but do we have enough depth at LB to be dealing from?

Let's see what comes next I guess.

Levy must be back and 100%

I would hope so, but I doubt it...and even if he is back 100%, that doesnt mean crap with him. Id say the odds of him playing every game the rest of the season are under 10%.

I guess maybe Bostic and Bynes are going to be on the field soon?

Van Noy is gonna turn out to be a very good player, wait and see.

Van Noy is gonna turn out to be a very good player, wait and see.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised..He was a terrible fit for our scheme. He is a 3-4 LBer, not a 4-3. His strength was getting to the QB, not dropping back into coverage and being the second level of run defense.

Its just a classic example of Mayhew seeing a 'need' and filling it with whom he thought was BPA, with complete disregard to scheme or fit.

Ansah and VanNoy were buds at BYU -- I think that was s big reason why Mayhew brought VanNoy here...to keep Ziggy happy.

If that's the big reason why they drafted Van Noy, then Mayhew was even worse as a GM than previously believed.

Bynes healthy. Awesome news. Bynes played well last year

If that's the big reason why they drafted Van Noy, then Mayhew was even worse as a GM than previously believed.

I don't know if it's the big reason, but even Mayhew commented that they moved Van Noy up the draft charts a bit because he was instrumental in helping Ziggy learn the playbook and the game at BYU.

He said something to the effect of they wanted to give Ansah every possible opportunity to thrive in the NFL, so they put a higher priority on KVN to help Ziggy's transition.

When you are in the business of drafting players to appease other guys on your roster, you don't belong in professional sports management.

The BYU playbook is past history. Wouldn't it make more sense to draft someone who's a better fit and better talent at the position to help make Ziggy's life easier, not someone who was his buddy in college?

Van noy played well in college. That is why mayhew drafted. Good rusher. Lions thought they could convert him since he is decently athletic. Didnt work. Injuries stunted his growth too

Back