Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Trade Van Noy

Quinns commitment to winning. Sam Martin is now penciled in as a starter for us at LB #winning!

ND7Ax.gif

some quotes from Van Noy

“You go from starting there to traded. I was shocked,"

Van Noy said the lack of pass-rush opportunities surprised him, as overall "they didn’t know where to put me."

The Lions had asked Van Noy to lose 15 pounds leading into the 2016 season, dropping him to 243 pounds.

"They told me to and I do what I’m asked. I did it. But I’m here now," he said. "Whatever they have me and want my weight to be at, and whatever they ask me to do, I’m going to do it because I want to win and be part of this team. ... They want me here, and I'm happy to be wanted."

some quotes from Van Noy

?You go from starting there to traded. I was shocked,"

Van Noy said the lack of pass-rush opportunities surprised him, as overall "they didn?t know where to put me."

The Lions had asked Van Noy to lose 15 pounds leading into the 2016 season, dropping him to 243 pounds.

"They told me to and I do what I?m asked. I did it. But I?m here now," he said. "Whatever they have me and want my weight to be at, and whatever they ask me to do, I?m going to do it because I want to win and be part of this team. ... They want me here, and I'm happy to be wanted."

Shocked??? Lol. Whatever bro...you're not Ray Lewis. You were not untouchable whatsoever. You did nothing for this organization. This is a business.

Van noy is lucky Bostic, Bynes and levy got hurt. But I'll take a 6th for him

Can we trade for van noy back? Bynes was awful. Couldn't cover. Late to the hole at the goal line to give up a td. Late to the hole and a whiff to give up a huge run. Hes terrible.

Bynes was good last year. The td was opi. Not late to hole. Was 1st and goal from one and he was only guy there

Can we trade for van noy back? Bynes was awful. Couldn't cover. Late to the hole at the goal line to give up a td. Late to the hole and a whiff to give up a huge run. Hes terrible.

I agree, he wasn't good. However, on that TD run they had about 6" to go and got about 6" into the end zone. Maybe we shouldn't let the worst QB in the NFL look like an average qb and we wouldn't have that problem.

Our entire LB situation is fucking ridiculous. Whitehead was pretty good yesterday. I have no problem with him as our 2 down MLB for the future. However, he has serious coverage limitations and we have NOBODY else. We need 2 starting LB's this off season. Counting on Levy at this point would be about as smart as relying on Jahvid Best to last a full season.

I thought we needed to draft a LB this past draft. Apparently Quinn thought differently..

Last edited:
Patriots traded Jamie Collins. Looks like Van Noy could be getting some playing time soon.

We also needed a LT and other OLine help too. I think Williams will eventually be really solid for us. Looks like heavy D in next years draft though...

Not to sound like a Michigan homer but if i could go
rd 1 Peppers
rd 2 Jourdan Lewis
rd 3 best avail LB
Id be happy.

Why in the world would Cleveland trade a 3rd round pick for a LB that is going to be a free agent?

Maybe they can show him the Browns way and he will want to sign for cheap!

But honestly not sure. Perhaps they want to franchise him? Word is he wanted Von Miller type money.

Maybe they can show him the Browns way and he will want to sign for cheap!

But honestly not sure. Perhaps they want to franchise him? Word is he wanted Von Miller type money.

This - they probably think they can Franchise him, or at the very least, they are trying their best to avoid going 0-16.

Also, they have 2 1st, 2 2nd, 3 4th, and 3 5th rd picks in the 2017 draft, so trading a 3rd for a top 5 LBer is probably worth it to them.

Im more confused as to why the Patriots would trade him away, when they are a legit SB contender, and would have received a 3rd rd compensatory pick anyways, if he signed elsewhere...doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

Back