Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions VS. Vikings Predictions

The Lions haven't beaten Minnesota in Minn since 1997, this is the year monkeys come off the back, this horrible streak will end this Sunday. Won't be a blow out, Minn might even be up at Half Time but the Lions win 27-17 IMO

Lions 45 - 13 as they remain extremely focused and continue to work on the elements that need improving. Tulloch and Durant earn their $ this game, stopping AP regularly (under 80 yards for the game). Lions big lead forces the Vikes into passing mode and it snowballs from there.

I think the Lions score at will on this team and like a few people have been saying, the Vikes go to the pass and that's their achilles heel. Peterson will get his but we won't see all that much of him when the Viqueens are down 17 points in the 4th quarter.

34-17 Lions. Put that on the motherfucking board!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peterson can rush for 200yds he alone will not beat us, McNabb will have to make plays and I'm not sure he can do that anymore.

24-14 Lions

I agree that this could be a trap game. I don't think Minnesota is as bad as they've looked so far and as McNabb gets more comfortable I think they will be more effective. But I do think the Lions are for real and provided the team doesn't take the Vikings lightly, I see Detroit winning somewhat comfortably.

Something like 27-17.

Going into the season I had this as a loss and I think it still could be. However...my prediction is 34-27 Lions

This game will all be determined on our defensive line. They need to control AP and put pressure on McNabb because then he will make mistakes. Our offense shouldn't have much difficulty, I think Minny is the worst against the run so far this year. Adrian Peterson can win this for the Vikings, but he is the only way they win.

Kevin Williams is back this week. So that makes it a bit harder. Maybe he's rusty.

Eh we don't run the ball up the middle anyways, least not well. I am hoping we can use Jared Allen's aggressiveness and Kevin Williams lack of play time this year against them in the screen game and misdirection game.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Eh we don't run the ball up the middle anyways, least not well. I am hoping we can use Jared Allen's aggressiveness and Kevin Williams lack of play time this year against them in the screen game and misdirection game.

Have they used the screen pass yet? I don't remember seeing it.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="Rich what? Richmond!":i7gp14rm]Eh we don't run the ball up the middle anyways, least not well. I am hoping we can use Jared Allen's aggressiveness and Kevin Williams lack of play time this year against them in the screen game and misdirection game.

Have they used the screen pass yet? I don't remember seeing it. [/quote:i7gp14rm]

It's mind blowing we aren't throwing screens at least 5 times a game with Best. He would thrive doing so..

Staff only has 15 starts in career so far. I read that he is only the 2nd QB in NFL history to have 4TD passes 3 times in first 15 starts. Granted its taken 2 plus years but its there. Other was Fran Tarkington.

28-17 Lions

Stafford goes 29/35 for 304yds and 3 TD's 0 INT's
Johnson has 5 catches for 92yds 1 TD
Burleson 7 for 63 and finally his first TD
Best with 8 catches 52 and a TD... also 15 runs for 65yds and a TD.

AP gets kept in check this game like he did the final game of the season. I'll say 21 rushes for 73yds 1 TD.
McNabb goes 23/37 for 237 1 TD 2 INTs

The Lions go up 14 early, Vikings will continue to rely on AP, get a field goal... Lions come back with a TD and it's all on McNabb after that.

I overanalyze =/

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":733p4dkj]

Have they used the screen pass yet? I don't remember seeing it.

It's mind blowing we aren't throwing screens at least 5 times a game with Best. He would thrive doing so..[/quote:733p4dkj]

They seem to be doing just fine, regardless. However, I do agree. This OL's strength is mobility and screens would be a very effective weapon.

My guess is that the staff is saving some of the playbook for later games.

It all depends on if the Linebackers can get their act together or not. 24-20 lions. AP with 2 rushing TDs keeps it close.

I don't know why some of you guys think this will be a trap game for the Lions. I personally think that they will be extremely fired up for this game..it's the first divisional game of the year against an opponent they haven't beaten on the road in 14 years. There is NO reason to think the Lions will take the Vikings lightly.

I think they will be focused and ready to go, I see a 31-17 Lions victory.

tbone413 said:
I don't know why some of you guys think this will be a trap game for the Lions. I personally think that they will be extremely fired up for this game..it's the first divisional game of the year against an opponent they haven't beaten on the road in 14 years. There is NO reason to think the Lions will take the Vikings lightly.

I think they will be focused and ready to go, I see a 31-17 Lions victory.

Swag

Back