Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LOL @ Inge

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]iirc there is an option on 2013 for Inge with a 500K buyout.

My interpretation of that option is 0% chance of Brandon's return in 2013. He would need a career season to up-the-ante on "zero"... ;)

MotownWebGuy said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]iirc there is an option on 2013 for Inge with a 500K buyout.

My interpretation of that option is 0% chance of Brandon's return in 2013. He would need a career season to up-the-ante on "zero"... ;)

Absolutely, it will be a surprise, even with Inge's seeming to have 9 lives like a cat staying a Tiger for the past few years.

I don't think he has trade value. No one picked him up last season when he was sent down.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Inge countdown....lol

I don't think any of us would mind Inge as much if he wasn't whining each time a better player was brought in at his position.
First Pudge..
Then at third getting huffy...
Inge apparently thinks he plays third with Brooks Robinson's defense and the hitting of Schmidt, Brett, and Mathews.

And this is exactly why I can't stand Inge at all. He's the most delusional "athlete" I've ever seen. He acts like a guy who has had a hall of fame career and is just going through 1 or 2 bad years...which even in that case it is acceptable to replace someone. He has been an absolutely putrid offensive player for at least 7 of his years here. And his defensive is no longer worth his weak ass bat. The guy hasn't been able to make one adjustment at the plate for his entire career. Personally, I can't wait until he and his check swing strikeouts get the fuck out of town.

manchild98 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Inge countdown....lol

I don't think any of us would mind Inge as much if he wasn't whining each time a better player was brought in at his position.
First Pudge..
Then at third getting huffy...
Inge apparently thinks he plays third with Brooks Robinson's defense and the hitting of Schmidt, Brett, and Mathews.

And this is exactly why I can't stand Inge at all. He's the most delusional "athlete" I've ever seen. He acts like a guy who has had a hall of fame career and is just going through 1 or 2 bad years...which even in that case it is acceptable to replace someone. He has been an absolutely putrid offensive player for at least 7 of his years here. And his defensive is no longer worth his weak ass bat. The guy hasn't been able to make one adjustment at the plate for his entire career. Personally, I can't wait until he and his check swing strikeouts get the fuck out of town.

I am getting tired of him too..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Inge has one more year... We are paying him what 5-6 million.. We are stuck with him for another year.. I cannot believe he is complaining... What a dingbat...

Of course he's complaining. He's Brandon Inge. He was just replaced with a megastar and he still whines. Fuck this piece of shit and show him the door.

And who on God's green Earth would want that piece of garbage in a trade? C'mon now....

The delusional ones are all of you Inge haters who have misinterpeted his words anyway you want for the last 10 years. Ask any teammate, anyone, he has been a great team mate and not a complainer!! Of course he is not a happy camper, he wouldn't be a professional athlete if he wasn't upsey at losing his job, no matter who it was too. Back when everyone said he refused to catch, NO ONE can show me a quote of him saying that, he spoke honestly and said catching affected his hitting, but all of you Inge haters love twisting his words around, you always have. Brandon has been a hard worker and a great person for the city of Detroit and doesn't deserve the crap you people give him.

Too bad Inge couldn't stick with catching, a .197 batting average doesn't look so bad behind the plate.

randyf10 said:
The delusional ones are all of you Inge haters who have misinterpeted his words anyway you want for the last 10 years. Ask any teammate, anyone, he has been a great team mate and not a complainer!! Of course he is not a happy camper, he wouldn't be a professional athlete if he wasn't upsey at losing his job, no matter who it was too. Back when everyone said he refused to catch, NO ONE can show me a quote of him saying that, he spoke honestly and said catching affected his hitting, but all of you Inge haters love twisting his words around, you always have. Brandon has been a hard worker and a great person for the city of Detroit and doesn't deserve the crap you people give him.

You sound more like Mrs. Shani Inge than Randy.

BTW - I have no sympathy for Brandon. Bruce Fields, Alan Trammell, Kirk Gibson, Leon "Bull" Durham and Lloyd McClendon all tried to change Inge's mechanics.

Brandon made his own bed. Now he can sleep in it.

randyf10 said:

Wait a second this is the same Inge ( or maybe his wife) who complained when Pudge was brought over to catch even though the at the time the Tigers were desperate for a high profile free agent to sign with us. The same Inge who said catching hurt his knees and hitting (what hitting) when DD made a great move and traded for Miguel and the Tigers went to him to see if he could go back to catching.. He said no. Now Victor gets hurt and we all know as this team stand with him hurt we have no chance to win the Series and he is mad about not having a chance to win the third base job. Give me a break.. I know he dose great work in the community but the guy never knows when to shut his pie hole in regards to the team. He has never been a team guy and it is a joke that anyone coddles a .197 hitter from last year.. If he had come out and said holy crap Fielder is a great signing and i will do anything to help this team win a World series then some uf us would have forgiven him for his past lip blips but the guy just does not know when to shut up... If he was not under contract for 5 million I would cut him so fast it is not even funny. I have been one of the biggest Inge supporters for many years but he just does not get it... He never did I guess...

randyf10 said:
How about this, be excited for your team instead of being angry. You don't see Don Kelly or Ryan Raburn being pissed whenever they bring in someone to replace them do you?

If Inge didn't consider himself as being a "power" hitter, and adjusted his approach to hitting the ball, to be more patient and make contact, the homers would still have come, and maybe more often as well.

But nope, he lusted for his ABs when he could just wale away at pitches, and nearly out of his shoes, which is why for awhile when he broke his big toe several years ago, he actually hit much better....or until it healed, anyway.

Even being utterly humiliated nationally during the homer competition when he was voted into the ASG didn't faze him, so he has been and always will be stupidly stubborn and now its likely too late for him to save or rescue his MLB career, that might have lasted several years longer.

randyf10 said:

You should ask any teammate that Inge has ever had if he was a great teammate. They will all say he is a complainer and a bad teammate.

See what I did there?

Keep in mind...this is the same guy who said the reason he wasn't hitting so well, was that "they are pitching to me as if I am Babe Ruth." Now, do you want us to dismiss these quotes? Or, early on in his career, he refused to go to Winter Ball to work on his hitting. Because there is no direct link on the internet supporting these events (or at least do a modest search), does not make these events untrue.
You really expect current teammates to bad mouth Inge? I do not recall any of Manny Ramirez

Back