Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LOL @ Inge

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120130/OPINION03/201300337/1129/SPORTS0104/Denny-McLain-s-message-B randon-Inge-Get-over-it
Denny McLain's message to Brandon Inge: Get over it.
from the detnews
I think McLain is a clown, but his comments in that article are pretty damn funny.

I can't believe this piece of trash is still a major topic of discussion.. Just get it over and DFA or cut him to the way of RIP..

kingofdetroit57 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120130/OPINION03/201300337/1129/SPORTS0104/Denny-McLain-s-message-B randon-Inge-Get-over-it
from the detnews
I think McLain is a clown, but his comments in that article are pretty damn funny.

Yeah, you have to wonder where Inge's head is at when he's being -- properly -- schooled by a sociopathtic, lying, head case with a criminal record like McLain.

Don't give Fatty Mclain that much credit, he's saying the obvious, already said things to try to worm his way back into the spotlight again (like they make spotlights that big).

Maybe he can record a new LP.

After he finished with his Inge bit, he probably went around to everyone over 70 and told them about a fantastic investment he heard about....

kingofdetroit57 said:
[color=#006400 said:
from the detnews

And they're 100% truth of what he says about Inge.

Sure looks like its gonna be with a loud whimper, that Inge goes out with from being a long-tenured member of the Tigers. But even the ending of the POS-ada era for the Yankees wasn't w/o some whining and complaining, but Jorge finally accepted his inevitable fate, and honorably retired as a career-long Yankee, ~a week ago. Perhaps Inge should do similar and announce his retirement, no later than at the end of this season. That way, the Inge POTG-texting slappies can pay their final homages to him, for as long as he still remains on the team.

We can only hope.. I have supported Inge in the past but enough is enough.. He should have been happy for the Tigers to get Fielder yet instead he complains.. Instead of coming out and saying he would do anything to help the Tigers and the City of Detroit win a title he complains yet again.. I am beyond frustrated with this clown..

When did he complain? Still haven't heard a word from him, just that Jim said he wasn't a happy camper Jim also said he wouldn't give 5 cents for him if he was happy, but most of you only read what you want, Jim said he would be unhappy if Inge wasn't unhappy, he said all major leaguers should want to play and that is what Inge wants and hopfully everyone on the roster wants. For you idiots that go as far as to call Inge a POS, that POS has did more for the city of Detroit than all of you added togather!!!!

randyf10 said:
When did he complain? Still haven't heard a word from him, just that Jim said he wasn't a happy camper Jim also said he wouldn't give 5 cents for him if he was happy, but most of you only read what you want, Jim said he would be unhappy if Inge wasn't unhappy, he said all major leaguers should want to play and that is what Inge wants and hopfully everyone on the roster wants. For you idiots that go as far as to call Inge a POS, that POS has did more for the city of Detroit than all of you added togather!!!!

Haha..very true, BUT perhaps just in my case, I could also have done much more for the city...that is IF I had the Inge-like financial wherewithal to have been able to. All I personally had ever really done was to volunteer to help out during many of the ethnic festivals that used to be held in downtown Detroit in the summertime during the 70s...those were some damn good times that I had back then...sigh.

:(

But unfortunately, the city will always have done much more to and esp. for me than I could ever repay, although I can say that for certain, and for a fact, that my deceased ancestors who helped to build, settle and grow the NE section of the city during the 1800s through the early 1900s most definitely had done so.

randyf10 said:

How does it feel to be all alone on an island? Scared......confused.........unloved........?

tonyballs said:
randyf10 said:

How does it feel to be all alone on an island? Scared......confused.........unloved........?

Seriously? It's nice that he does charity work but who gives a shit? He's a fuckin' baseball player and a bad one...and that's why we are criticizing him. He's a terrible offensive player for 85% of his career and now he's getting much worse. Would it make you happy if the Tigers fielded a team of the most charitable guys. Maybe Kid Rock can play 2b since he gives a lot to charity.

randyf10 said:

Name one thing Inge has ever done for the city of Detroit other than pay taxes?

People would not be do down on Inge is he had the slightest shred of humility, or was at least a little humble about his struggles trying not to suck fat goat balls at baseball.

But I'll agree with one thing you said, Brandon Inge has made no official statement since the signing of Fielder, but it's not too difficult to imagine what he's thinking, and most posters have been spot on.

A couple of weeks with Miggy at 3B will be enough to wish we would have hung on to Inge (assuming he is gone). People forget how well he did in the playoffs.

Personally, I have always liked Inge for his defense but I can do without the drama. If they are gonna go with Miggy, than just do it and get what you can for Inge and call it a day. The guy is the subject for a great deal of content on message boards.... enough already.

jdeb said:
A couple of weeks with Miggy at 3B will be enough to wish we would have hung on to Inge (assuming he is gone). People forget how well he did in the playoffs.

Personally, I have always liked Inge for his defense but I can do without the drama. If they are gonna go with Miggy, than just do it and get what you can for Inge and call it a day. The guy is the subject for a great deal of content on message boards.... enough already.
I think we can get the same level of defense and more positional versatility out of Danny Worth. Henning has an article on this subject in today's paper, and for once I tend to agree (although I'm not really sure he takes a position).

I'd guess that Inge is here in some capacity this season though. He's owed something like $5.5mil and is a 10/5 player who can't hit, so it's highly unlikely he'd get traded. I think his $500K option will get bought out and he'll ride off into the sunset next season.

If he bitches too much or becomes a disruption, the Tigers may give him another DFA though.

jdeb said:

Who cares how well he did in the playoffs.

How about how bad he did in the regular season, and as far ad getting what you can for Inge, it's 0, in fact it would be a negative number. Nobody put a claim on Inge when he was DFA'd, and nobody would touch him now, unless we paid all his salary and threw in a couple prospects, then another team might take him.

His defense is going downhill fast BTW.

His defense is not like what it was 3 years ago so he lost his only bargaining chip. There is no reason to keep him, even as a defensive replacement or platoon in case Miguel can't handle it there. And his attitude has just been bad. With Kelly and Worth, no reason to keep Inge. None.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]His defense is not like what it was 3 years ago so he lost his only bargaining chip. There is no reason to keep him, even as a defensive replacement or platoon in case Miguel can't handle it there. And his attitude has just been bad. With Kelly and Worth, no reason to keep Inge. None.

The same reason he should not have been offered assignment to Toledo, or recalled after he was DFA'd.

Problem was Brandon got on the hotline to Ilitch, and wiggled a "promise" out of him that if he accepted assignment, he would be recalled when the rosters expanded.

I'm hoping Ilitch got a new unlisted number, I'm really sick of seeing Inge strike out then walk back to the dugout with a smirk on his face that says "just missed sending that one over the fence, I'll get the next one guys".

Back