Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Loser Spartan Radio Host Comments

thewolverines24

These comments are pathetic but are probably a proper reflection of their fan base.

?I?d like to offer a public service announce. I?m being real with you ? people are nuts ? friendly advice if you?re a Michigan fan ? don?t be there. It?s going to be the most hostile environment in the history of the rivalry. It will be a tinder box. Don?t be there. I would never be at that game if I was a Michigan fan ? just find something else to do ? Spartan fans are going to be foaming ? eff around and find out.?

https://www.audacy.com/971theticket...-michigan-fans-should-avoid-night-game-at-msu

I was hoping that the shooting incident at MSU and the subsequent reaction by Michigan, et. al., would have soothed the open sore that is the "rivalry."

EDIT: Here's an opportunity for Valenti to promote goodwill and brotherhood and he stoops to the LCD to curry ratings and content-to-be to exploit.

Last edited:
These comments are pathetic but are probably a proper reflection of their fan base.

I'm not gonna go that far, but the portion of their fanbase that considers themselves decent people doesn't do themselves any favors when you don't hear anyone call this shit out.

Tucker's comments were worse, IMHO though. He needs to set an example.

The bad blood is there; no one doubts each side is going to play hard in this game, so the coach doesn't need to be encouraging it implicitly by these "there's no way to control this" kinda bullshit comments. But I've seen enough to know what kind of guy he is. He definitely reflects the more negative parts of the MSU fanbase (and administration... and alumni...)

I'm not gonna go that far, but the portion of their fanbase that considers themselves decent people doesn't do themselves any favors when you don't hear anyone call this shit out.

Tucker's comments were worse, IMHO though. He needs to set an example.

The bad blood is there; no one doubts each side is going to play hard in this game, so the coach doesn't need to be encouraging it implicitly by these "there's no way to control this" kinda bullshit comments. But I've seen enough to know what kind of guy he is. He definitely reflects the more negative parts of the MSU fanbase (and administration... and alumni...)

Probably should have said "a proper reflection of too much of their fan base".

There is a notable difference among the fanbases from what I've seen.

There are jackasses among both groups (lord knows I've behaved like a jackass at games when I was younger). But at Michigan, you have the older, more genteel alumni contingent that will call out behavior, write the university, etc. and enforce some standards. I can tell you, if Michigan players were mobbing up and beating opponents in the tunnel after the game, and Harbaugh wasn't at the forefront of calling it out and kicking those guys off the team, they'd be LIVID. And they would be making sure that never happened again, because it reflects poorly on the University, and it's the sort of thing that easily gets out of control, and gets games cancelled.

I didn't see any MSU fans or alums calling that shit out. At BEST, they're like "well, what were the Michigan players doing in the tunnel?" And at worst, they were openly endorsing it, demanding Tucker "not back down" and other dumb meathead shit like that.

MSU fans are free to disagree... just calling out what I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

?I?d like to offer a public service announce. I?m being real with you ? people are nuts ? friendly advice if you?re a Michigan fan ? don?t be there. It?s going to be the most hostile environment in the history of the rivalry. It will be a tinder box. Don?t be there. I would never be at that game if I was a Michigan fan ? just find something else to do ? Spartan fans are going to be foaming ? eff around and find out.?

https://www.audacy.com/971theticket...-michigan-fans-should-avoid-night-game-at-msu

Yes, the view point of one person is ALWAYS a good reflection of the entire fan base.

He?s on the radio so it?s definitely true.

Yes, the view point of one person is ALWAYS a good reflection of the entire fan base.

He?s on the radio so it?s definitely true.

Well, he's on the radio so, regardless if it's true, we know what Valenti thinks.

I don't see a thread on the RCMB about it yet.

EDIT: there are a few comments about hitting Michigan fans with batteries, which is something Valenti alluded to, and oddly specific.

I thought only Yankees and Philadelphia fans threw batteries. Total dick move (and pretty chickenshit) to throw hard objects at opposing fans or in big crowds period.

Not sure what he said that was incorrect about the 2023 matchup. It?s sad but there are definitely some nutbag MSU fans just like every other fanbase in America that has a heated rivalry. If I?m a Michigan fan I probably wouldn?t feel comfortable going either because I could easily see a very hostile and unfriendly environment as a visiting fan. My mom and 12 year old sister at the time got doused with beer by idiot White Sox fans in Chicago for wearing Tigers shirts at a Tigers/Sox game, it can happen anywhere unfortunately. I don?t paint every White Sox fan as a POS.

Some of you like to complain just to complain apparently.

There are jackasses among both groups (lord knows I've behaved like a jackass at games when I was younger). But at Michigan, you have the older, more genteel alumni contingent that will call out behavior, write the university, etc. and enforce some standards. I can tell you, if Michigan players were mobbing up and beating opponents in the tunnel after the game, and Harbaugh wasn't at the forefront of calling it out and kicking those guys off the team, they'd be LIVID. And they would be making sure that never happened again, because it reflects poorly on the University, and it's the sort of thing that easily gets out of control, and gets games cancelled.

I didn't see any MSU fans or alums calling that shit out. At BEST, they're like "well, what were the Michigan players doing in the tunnel?" And at worst, they were openly endorsing it, demanding Tucker "not back down" and other dumb meathead shit like that.

For the overwhelming majority of Michigan games I attended at the stadium, I behaved like a Boy Scout.

Because I was one.

Literally.

Not sure what he said that was incorrect about the 2023 matchup. It?s sad but there are definitely some nutbag MSU fans just like every other fanbase in America that has a heated rivalry. If I?m a Michigan fan I probably wouldn?t feel comfortable going either because I could easily see a very hostile and unfriendly environment as a visiting fan. My mom and 12 year old sister at the time got doused with beer by idiot White Sox fans in Chicago for wearing Tigers shirts at a Tigers/Sox game, it can happen anywhere unfortunately. I don?t paint every White Sox fan as a POS.

Some of you like to complain just to complain apparently.

Come on, you can't ignore the recent context like that. MSU players brawling like that in the Tunnel was exceptionally bad, and seeing MSU's director of football operations run to block people from filming it, instead of doing anything to break it up was awful.

same douchenozzle is still on the staff.

Valenti is a grown man, fanning the flames and promoting violence at a college football game.

Show me how any of this is typical... "every fanbase has guys like this."

Valenti also once burned his face on a steak at a restaurant and went public about it. That's the kind of thing you scrub from your wikipedia page...

For the overwhelming majority of Michigan games I attended at the stadium, I behaved like a Boy Scout.

Because I was one.

Literally.

"So when they continued asking Him, He lifted Himself up and said unto them, 'He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone...'"
- John 8:7

Having listened to Valenti off and on, I submit that he postures positions in order to curry outrage, since outrage is what pays the bills in sports talk radio. I still recall how he blamed Harbaugh for Spartan players reenacting the Battle of Thermopylae in the Michigan Tunnel.

Having listened to Valenti off and on, I submit that he postures positions in order to curry outrage, since outrage is what pays the bills in sports talk radio. I still recall how he blamed Harbaugh for Spartan players reenacting the Battle of Thermopylae in the Michigan Tunnel.

He should know to exercise more due care than other talk radio loudmouths, since he panders to a fanbase with notably low admissions standards (yikes). And he burned his face on flaming meat. Should've been a wake up call to him.

This is a straight up lie. Not one of you or anyone else in your fanbase called out Devin Bushleague for his garbage at Spartan Stadium. To a tee, everyone of you self righteous crybabies was blaming MSU for carrying out a tradition while your thugs stood their looking to stir up shit. And your crybaby coach did the same thing. So please, stfu about the moral high ground - you don't have it.

Last edited:
This is a straight up lie. Not one of you or anyone else in your fanbase called out Devin Bushleague for his garbage at Spartan Stadium. To a tee, everyone of you self righteous crybabies was blaming MSU for carrying out a tradition while you're thugs stood their looking to stir up shit. And your crybaby coach did the same thing. So please, stfu about the moral high ground - you don't have it.

That's strange... I don't recall Devin Bush ganging up 10-1 on an isolated Michigan State player and giving him a concussion by bashing his skull in with football helmets.

That's strange... I don't recall Devin Bush ganging up 10-1 on an isolated Michigan State player and giving him a concussion by bashing his skull in with football helmets.

that's where you draw the line? He's not a thug behaving like trash if he's not part of a bum rush? That's strange.

that's where you draw the line? He's not a thug behaving like trash if he's not part of a bum rush? That's strange.

Pay no mind to this thread. He only made it to try and draw away attention from their cheating, lying, scUMbag coach

Back