Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Martinez can't catch & Peralta rested!

MI_Thumb said:
JimRice said:
He doesn't have a homer in the last two weeks. I guess it depends how you want to slice the sample you look at. With power hitters, most are streaky, so I like to look at it month by month. He's still hitting .333 over that time, and 5 GIDP have happened in the last two weeks.

Honestly, I think it's just a slump.

I guess most of us expected better numbers out of him this year with the kind of protection he has in the linup.

He is on pace for a new career high in GIDP, I know his line numbers are very good, but it still seems as if he is not himself.

Protection is a myth, so I'm not really surprised.

He is still having the 2nd best offensive season of his career (relative to the league).

Last year his wRC+ was 170, this year it's 164.

So he hasn't really suffered that big of a dropoff.

And when you consider the variation of players from year to year, I wouldn't really be concerned or worried.

It never fails for the Tigers... This team hits balls right at guys more then i have ever seen.

Back