Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Michigan Football Recruiting 2020 thread*

The class is currently ranked 11th nationally, however "experts" go about ranking classes nationally

The class is currently ranked 2nd in the big 10, beating PSU by a hair.

Again, subjectively, depending on how one goes about ranking classes.

I saw that Hinton's brother stuck to his Stanford commitment. That sucks but wasn't unexpected.

Has anyone seen anything about when Green Warren is expected to commit and sign? His crystal ball was showing 90% to USC as recently as 2 or 3 weeks ago and has flipped to 93% Michigan. Corner is probably 1b in position of need with interior DL being 1a.

I saw that Hinton's brother stuck to his Stanford commitment. That sucks but wasn't unexpected.

Has anyone seen anything about when Green Warren is expected to commit and sign? His crystal ball was showing 90% to USC as recently as 2 or 3 weeks ago and has flipped to 93% Michigan. Corner is probably 1b in position of need with interior DL being 1a.

There is an all-star game coming up that he is expected to announce at

"Some" believe that he has already secretly committed to where he wants to go and is just going to wait to announce at this all-star game.

The U.S. Army All-American Bowl
Saturday 1-4-20 game starts at 2pm EST

Good deal. Looks like they picked up a QB today. Dan Villari is a 3 star kid from New York. No. 12 player in New York, no. 42 pro style QB, No. 1106 player in the composite. Not ideal but it's better than no QB at all. Hopefully one of the guys on campus is the answer until McCarthy is ready.

Who knows. Tom Brady was never supposed to amount to anything. No, I'm not predicting or expecting Villari to be the GOATA. I don't expect him to ever play a down. Just making a point.

Just watched Villari's senior highlights and I think I have to change my statement. I don't think he will see the field as a QB but would not be remotely surprised if he ends up at tight end. I wasn't expecting a guy listed as "pro style" to have 50% of his highlight video to be of him running but he is a hell of a tough runner. He broke a ton of tackles and seemed to have good vision with the ball in his hands. Keep in mind that he's playing against shitty competition.

As a passers he seemed to lock in on his first read. He looked pretty accurate (highlight reel so duh) but he looked like he was late on just about all of his throws but that have a little to do with only 1 camera and not seeing the receiver in the same frame. It just seemed like the receiver was always already wide open by the time the ball got there rather than anticipating and getting the ball there as the receiver is breaking open. I'm not great at analyzing this shit by any means but it looks like he was basically playing playground ball (including having virtually no pressure on most of the dropbacks) which ain't gonna work against the top 2/3 of the Big Ten.

He's a project that reminds me a lot of Gentry. Decently athletic kid that's dominating mediocre competition and only plays QB because that's the easiest way to get him the ball and let him run over shitty teams.

Good deal. Looks like they picked up a QB today. Dan Villari is a 3 star kid from New York. No. 12 player in New York, no. 42 pro style QB, No. 1106 player in the composite. Not ideal but it's better than no QB at all. Hopefully one of the guys on campus is the answer until McCarthy is ready.

Who knows. Tom Brady was never supposed to amount to anything. No, I'm not predicting or expecting Villari to be the GOATA. I don't expect him to ever play a down. Just making a point.

That's not true at all regarding Brady. Cal wanted him right away. After Brady's father sent out his highlight tape, many more schools came calling. They narrowed it down to Michigan, USC, UCLA, Cal, and Illinois because of strong academics at those schools.

Michigan wasn't competing with Fordham to get Brady.

Last edited:
That's not true at all regarding Brady. Cal wanted him right away. After Brady's father sent out his highlight tape, many more schools came calling. They narrowed it down to Michigan, USC, UCLA, Cal, and Illinois because of strong academics at those schools.

Michigan wasn't competing with Fordham to get Brady.

I was referring to his NFL draft position, not his recruitment.

i watched a lot of mater dei when i managed Elias Ricks dad out here in cali. Green Warren i always thought was a better cover corner than Ricks...whos at IMG now. Ricks just made more highlight plays and has NFL size.

Michigan is at 12th in the recruiting class ranking.

Did anyone look at this Dan Villari kid they have signed next year at QB? He was only offered by Albany, Buffalo, Central Connecticut State and Fordham. LOL WUT?

I'm guessing he'll be used as something else but we are setting our sights pretty low with this recruiting director. The guy is kind of weird and talks about the stars mean nothing blah blah blah talk. We should be battling with other top teams for these kids not Albany and Fordham. Obviously it was a no brainer for this kid lol.

If you are only looking at the offer sheet you may be a little misled. He looks a lot like Gentry did in high school. Huge dual threat QB playing against inferior talent. He's got a decent arm but looks like Shea in the pocket.

They needed a QB after theirs had to quit playing and they found that out in November. They got someone. Bad circumstances for both JD Johnson and Michigan but they did what they could and ended up with a guy that has a ceiling of Speight at QB but has the potential to legitimately contribute at other positions after a couple of years of development. I don't have a problem with it at all. Certainly better than not getting a QB at all.

Darion Green-Warren has committed to Michigan and will be on campus tomorrow to enroll early. That is a HUGE pickup at a position of need (CB). He was the highest ranked unsigned corner in the class.

Darion Green-Warren has committed to Michigan and will be on campus tomorrow to enroll early. That is a HUGE pickup at a position of need (CB). He was the highest ranked unsigned corner in the class.

Very nice!

Awesome!!!

Steve Wiltfong from 247 doesn't hold back much here regarding the departure of Patridge and general Michigan recruiting. Not a good look for the program under Harbaugh.

ENyCcyVWkAA0JYo

Last edited:
Back