Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan @ MSU bball game

hungry

Well, this looks like a toughie. Draymond Green is expected to play. Its going to be hard to win at Breslin. 2 in a row there seems like a bit much to ask for. Either way, the only thing that MSU can do today is even up the season series. Let's look at some numbers:

Sagarin
MSU #6 rtg:90.61 sos 10
Mich #29 rtg:84.73 sos 2
(still don't understand why the sagarin formula is computing Michigan out so low. This formula is supposed to be based heavily on sos and Michigan is at 2. Obviously, the numbers here don't favor Michigan)

realtimerpi
MSU #5 sos 2
Michigan #14 sos 15
quite a difference in sos compared with the sagarin sos. This is the highest I've seen Michigan's rpi is a long time. This website has a prediction: MSU 74 Michigan 63

Vegas
MSU by 8.5

tall order today, of course, this could change is Draymond can't go. No excuses, though. MSU should have the depth to replace one starter and still win on their home court.

of note, with today's game, there are 8 games to go in the regular season

Michigan is 16-6 (7-3)

realtimerpi only predicts them to win 2 games of those 8. That would be pretty rough.
Quality wins: Memphis, Iowa st, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, MSU, Purdue, IU
and Memphis, Wisconsin, MSU and IU are the double quality win types (wins vs top 25 rpi)

Hopefully, they do better than the prediction formula on that website.

Correction, we are 17-6.

Also, Draymond Green guaranteed a win today, so look for him to go into beast mode. We absolutely need the real Tim Hardaway to show up if we have a chance of winning. As you said, two in a row at the brez is tough.

And I don't know why we'd only win two out of the next 8, but most of those games are against inferior opponents. Granted, most are road games, but they are still inferior and we should win at least 4, with a 5th as a probability.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Correction, we are 17-6.

one of those was a 1-AA team, which isn't counted in the ratings

Hungry said:

Hopefully, they do better than the prediction formula on that website.

this team seems to have done that all season long. When I looked at the numbers prior to the Big Ten schedule starting, I thought we would be in trouble. We've managed to win the close ones I thought we would lose though.

I'm cautiously optimistic about today's game. I give us less than 50% shot to win, but I think it comes down to the wire.

nice answer by novak!

goaltending! won't count that basket!

I rally did not feel good an this game

We have to play an A game the whoe game not just a half

And I hate playing at msu

Back