Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NCAA tournament bracket chat

Zags had to work hard to get it to a 10 point deficit by half. Good work by them to still have a shot in the 2nd.

zags clawing their way back, but do they have the depth to keep up this pace?

I feel confident saying Gonzaga is done after that sequence...

The zags need a 17-2 run pretty soon. Baylor looks just to Athletic.

Three point shooting at 10 mark of second half .

Baylor 10/19
Gonzaga 2/10

That is that.

I think Michigan could been within 10 of Baylor.. one key you just can’t fall way behind.
Easy said then Done. Baylor looks k real tough. Watching this I am positive Michigan hangs with Gonzaga. Zags 1 for last five from the ft line.

Last edited:
I guess the Baylor coach and Baylor deserve it for sticking with Drew since 2003. Guess I really don’t care. Just tired of my team coming up short I guess. Drew has been at Baylor for 17 years. That is pretty amazing.

Last edited:
I don't think I watched a single game of this tournament. I figured I'd watch some of the championship. Turned it on at 9:30 and Gonzaga was down 23-8, or something like that. I watched til the half and went to bed. It was a waste of time...should have went to bed at 9:30

I don't know. Baylor has some pretty terrible leadership. Think I would have preferred Gonzaga, but I didn't care enough to watch.

Drew took charge of a program that was moribund. Literally.

I don't know. Baylor has some pretty terrible leadership. Think I would have preferred Gonzaga, but I didn't care enough to watch.

I usually find a player that I want to win in games like this. Last night it was Flo Thamba. I won't post the entire article from The Athletic since it's subscription based, but here's a bit of the story they did on Thamba.

Flo Thamba's basketball career started like it does for a lot of Africans. He was tall, and the middle school coach suggested he play basketball. His first basketball memory is that he could barely dribble. He was bad.

Sometimes all it takes is one person's encouragement to stick with it, and for Thamba, that was his older brother. Levi Thamba, who was five years older, would stay behind at school while Flo practiced, waiting to ride the late bus home and encouraging his brother to stick with it. "He was the one who believed in my basketball dreams," Flo says.

Flo progressed quickly. Education was always the biggest priority in the Thamba household. Emmanual Thamba works in customs in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and he sent his children all over the world to study. Flo spent time in England as a child and eventually moved to South Africa, where he started playing basketball. His sister is in England now and working on getting her law degree. His twin older brothers are engineers. Another brother is in finance.

In January 2014, Levi moved to the United States to attend college. He had written an essay to qualify for an international scholarship program. He ended up at Northwest College, a junior college in Powell, Wyo.

The plan was for Flo to move to the U.S. and live with Levi, his older brother watching over him as he went to high school and chased his own hoop dreams. Then one day that spring Flo was sitting in eighth-grade biology class, scrolling through Facebook and his brother's picture was everywhere. Before he could process what was going on, the principal was at his desk. Hey, get off your phone.

The principal took his phone and later that day his uncle showed up to pick him up at boarding school. "I never left boarding school,? Flo says. "Ever."

He was confused. Something had happened. Then he remembered Facebook. "It was a moment of realization," he remembers. "Something bad has gone on."

Levi had traveled to Denver with some new friends for a spring break trip. They visited a marijuana dispensary, and one of Levi's friends purchased six cookies. The sales clerk instructed him to cut each cookie into sixths with each piece containing approximately 10 milligrams of THC, which was the recommended serving size.

Levi and his friends took the cookies back to their hotel. Levi had a piece of a "Sweet Grass Kitchen" lemon poppy seed cookie, as instructed. About 30 to 60 minutes after eating the first piece, he told his friends he didn't feel anything, so he ate the rest of the cookie, which contained 65 milligrams of THC - 6.5 times the recommended serving amount.

According to a police report, over the next two hours, he exhibited erratic speech and hostile behavior. The report said he awoke early that morning, shivering and speaking French. His friends calmed him down. But he kept waking up and was incoherent, at one point talking to a room lamp.

Later, he woke up again and left the fourth-floor room and then returned, telling his friends, "This is a sign from God that this has happened, that I can't control myself. It's not because of the weed."

Levi went back to sleep, but then woke up again "crazy," his friends told police. He began smashing room furniture, lamps and the television. He ran out of the room, tumbling over the railing in a hallway that overlooked the lobby, falling four floors to his death.

A CDC article in July 2015 notes that Levi had 7.2 ng/mL of THC; the legal limit to operate a vehicle in Colorado is 5.0 ng/mL. The police report, which didn't name Levi, said he was "marijuana-naive." The coroner listed "marijuana intoxication" as a significant condition contributing to his death.

"That's all we had," Michelle Weiss-Samaras, a spokesperson for the Denver Office of the Medical Examiner, told Westword, a Denver-based publication, in 2015. "He was fine, he was normal, he was an easy-going kid, and then he ate this cookie and went over the balcony. And this was not a kid who was suicidal."

Last edited:
Back