Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NCAA tournament bracket chat

Ahhaha i saw this and almost posted about it. Are they that dumb? If teams aren't playing well against us as a trend, shouldn't you conclude that we have something to do with it?

The thing that always shocks me is their inability to say anything good about juwan. They still claim he's not a good coach and Martelli is the real reason we're playing well. Then they attack his personal life and his character. It's truly astounding how jealous and hateful they are

they do seem pretty dumb.

They hate Juwan Howard because he's an even bigger threat now... last year they could still pretend he was going to crash and burn in Ann Arbor. But now, it looks like he's not only coached a solid team, but is eating their lunch recruiting.

Seems like it will only continue. I mean if you're a high school recruit, who would you rather play for: A big, laid-back, cool guy who played in the NBA, or an angry midget who will scream at you and humiliate you on national TV if you make a mistake playing basketball for free for him (or in exchange for a BA from MSU>:D), while he makes millions of dollars

Well I did go over there a few weeks back and saw Johnny2x2x name but didn’t really read if he was say anything good or bad.

Dang Baylor and UConn women are a real close game. Maybe Michigan could have hanged with UConn. Strange game Baylor in control and up 9 late third. Best player hurts hamstring and UConn goes on a 19-0 run. Then Baylor battles back and had ball with 19 seconds left down 1 after UConn missed 2 free throws. But drew up a horrible play. No real 2nd option could been a foul but good no call and UConn holds on and wins by 2.

Shame This would been Michigan’s best shot at beating such a young UConn team. I didn’t realize the Huskies were so young.

Last edited:
Missed rebound cost Oregon st. Holy crap Houston is just using the shot as a pass and getting offensive rebounds. 19 offensive rebounds for Houston.

Last edited:
Houston is the first team to play 4 double digit seeds in a row to get to the final four.
Pretty sure Baylor rolls Houston. If it’s Arkansas it may be a ballgame.

Last edited:
Houston is the first team to play 4 double digit seeds in a row to get to the final four.
Pretty sure Baylor rolls Houston. If it?s Arkansas it may be a ballgame.

Houston is a good team. I wouldn't be so sure

Pretty sure Baylor rolls Houston. If it?s Arkansas it may be a ballgame.

And they only managed to score over 70 pts vs Cleveland St. They should be considered the 4 seed of the Final Four group, with lowest % chance to win it all. Really feels like they lucked into easiest path, and they still barely beat Rutgers and the 17 first half by OSU yet OSU still had a chance at the end seems to show Houston has been very lucky.

if Gonzaga beats Baylor, I come in 2nd in the big pool I entered, and will make over $500. nice!

I'm gonna go to taco bell

It’s weird...just turned on the NCAA final four channel to see Ron Artest aka Meta World Peace...then turned on ion television to watch a rerun of Hawai’i 50, which turned out to also feature Ron Artest, also aka Meta World Peace.

So I got to thinking to myself...”am I entering a world where all 500 channels or however many there are on my television are going to all feature Ron Artest, aka Meta World Peace?”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbseYAkzRM

It?s weird...just turned on the NCAA final four channel to see Ron Artest aka Meta World Peace...then turned on ion television to watch a rerun of Hawai?i 50, which turned out to also feature Ron Artest, also aka Meta World Peace.

So I got to thinking to myself...?am I entering a world where all 500 channels or however many there are on my television are going to all feature Ron Artest, aka Meta World Peace??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbseYAkzRM

this is not good.

in fact, this is very bad.

Surprised no talk about the UCLA vs Gonzaga game last night

We all assumed that Gonzaga was going to kill UCLA. While they did win, it was a nailbiter.

Funny to think that MSU and Michigan were both within a bucket of beating UCLA in regulation...

We all assumed that Gonzaga was going to kill UCLA. While they did win, it was a nailbiter.

Funny to think that MSU and Michigan were both within a bucket of beating UCLA in regulation...

I flipped it on with a few seconds left, and like most people probably, was surprised to see the game as close as it was.

So I watched it till the end hoping to see the underdog win, probably the way most people did? Oh well.

I guess that?s why they call it March madness.

I was one that expected Gonzaga to destroy UCLA, no contest and over before the first half. I didn't watch the game until the end. I couldn't believe the score when I turned the game on. I think it was 77-77. Crazy! I am not sure Michigan could have given Gonzaga that kind of game. If not for a last second prayer shot in the first overtime, UCLA would have taken them to double overtime. I feel like I know nothing about basketball.

I watched the second half. I am pretty sure we can go 7-3 against UCLA and least 5-5 against Gonzaga. Baylor maybe 5-5 or 4-6. We played a real bad game against UCLA. UCLA had 2 players that were giving Gonzaga fits. We pretty much controlled everyone ucla had but 1 dang player, and 2.5 of our starters decided to have career worst nights, and another one was out due to a injury. So close to a final four. Oh so close.

Great shot by Suggs on ot. Great game.

Last edited:
I was watching the Gonzaga vs UCLA game on my deck on the new 120" projector screen. It was super nice out, so the wife and I decided to watch that and the White Sox game on the deck. One hell of a game that I didn't see coming. I was in the camp that thought UCLA was going to get rolled as well. Still can't believe the run they went on after losing their last four games heading into the tourney and barely making the field.

Looking forward to a great game tonight. Baylor winning wins my bracket, so a couple hundred bucks would be cool. I also do not want to see Gonzaga go undefeated. They're great, but it's still really convenient to not have to play a good team from December until March. BYU was their toughest game for three months, which is like having Rutgers as your toughest game for that same stretch.

Last edited:
Boring game.

One team not ready to play, and showing why everyone bashes the Big West conference or whatever conference the Zags are in.

Back