Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Rumors Begin

Harbaugh can sign an extension and still go the NFL

Harbaugh can sign an extension and still get fired.

This is being "reported" on message boards...

Maybe it is real, maybe it is not

I keep seeing the stuff about MSU fans celebrating. Great point about how Harbaugh is a lot better than the previous two coaches against MSU.

sifting through the rumors over on 24-7

Sam and Dotman won't confirm anything, one way or another

this is from Twitter, Jon Jansen

Sorry Ron. Not true. I said all the rumors are not true.
Ron Grubbs
@RonGrubbs25
@JonJansen77 just reported on @StoneyJansen that Jim Harbaugh has either already signed or has agreed to a 3-year contract extension to continue as Michigan football coach.
8:58 AM ? Dec 7, 2020

this is from John U Bacon on twitter

As you might imagine, the Harbaugh Rumor Mill is working three shifts these days. I'm getting a lot of information from good sources, but would always rather be second and right than first and wrong. But you can expect some news soon, one way or the other. Stay tuned.

I want Harbaugh to return.

I want Gattis and Brown gone (I'm sad Brown seems to have slipped so much tho). I want a very slow, thorough, deliberative replacement coaching staff search, without regard to what the idiot sports pundits say, or the "recruiting junkies" ranting about them missing out on this kid or that kid.

I want Harbaugh to return.

I want Gattis and Brown gone (I'm sad Brown seems to have slipped so much tho). I want a very slow, thorough, deliberative replacement coaching staff search, without regard to what the idiot sports pundits say, or the "recruiting junkies" ranting about them missing out on this kid or that kid.
I'm on the same page. I worry a little that Harbaugh is retaking the reigns he was supposed to let go as things go bad. The team seems to have less of an identity on D than it did when Brown first started - could be too many cooks. Offense identity hasn't really ever been established.

How many times do we have to change coordinators before everyone realizes who the problem is?

I'm on the same page. I worry a little that Harbaugh is retaking the reigns he was supposed to let go as things go bad. The team seems to have less of an identity on D than it did when Brown first started - could be too many cooks. Offense identity hasn't really ever been established.

Because what Gattis really wants to run is at complete odds with Harbaugh's offensive philosophy.

Because what Gattis really wants to run is at complete odds with Harbaugh's offensive philosophy.

The issues with this team seem to indicate (to me at least) a dysfunctional staff that can't get along, rather than philosophical differences.

Maybe that's all on Harbaugh, or maybe he's just done a poor job of hiring assistants.

The issues with this team seem to indicate (to me at least) a dysfunctional staff that can't get along, rather than philosophical differences.

Maybe that's all on Harbaugh, or maybe he's just done a poor job of hiring assistants.

Or maybe he's a pain in the ass to deal with and people get sick of working for him. We'll probably never get the story on that.

It does appear Harbaugh has lost the players. Effort is lacking and the fact that he had to try and get players to get hyped up after Henning's great catch against PSU says quite a bit.

Last edited:
JOhn U Bacon on the radio this morning said that only 2 assistants would return IF Harbaugh is retained.

Moore and Warriner

I believe, when Harbaugh was hired, I was promised an oline that shifted positions several times pre-snap to observe the d's reaction and figure out what they were planning. Whatever happened to that?

Warde now stating that the situation won't be addressed until after the season. I assume that means after 12/19/2020

I believe, when Harbaugh was hired, I was promised an oline that shifted positions several times pre-snap to observe the d's reaction and figure out what they were planning. Whatever happened to that?

Maybe I made this up or dreamt it, but I recall that in his initial season JH would intro entire O-packages in a week's time that was never previously used and spring them on opponents who had no film to review.

Anyone else recall this?

Maybe I made this up or dreamt it, but I recall that in his initial season JH would intro entire O-packages in a week's time that was never previously used and spring them on opponents who had no film to review.

Anyone else recall this?
Yeah. There was a bit on MGoBlog about a formation Yost called obsolete in 1905.

JOhn U Bacon on the radio this morning said that only 2 assistants would return IF Harbaugh is retained.

Moore and Warriner

Moore is a good recruiter and Warriner is a very good o-line coach. Zordich would be the only other worth considering. He is pretty damn good coaching the CBs, but we need drastic improvement recruiting that position.

Now Bacon is tweeting that he never said anything about only 2 assistants being kept

Awesome!

Back