Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NIT! NIT! Alright!

Michchamp

I'm excited, are you guys excited?

Teh Post-season is the post-season. don't matter what tourney youre in.

Michigan also won in 2004

I remember beating ND during that run. Was at a bar with some other Michigan alums and we were like "Hey the games on!" Had no idea. Ended up cheering loudly, singing the Victors, etc.

Of course in '04, we hadn't been coming off a multi-year tourney run, with multiple Final Fours along that time, so an NIT win was something.

I?m not super excited.

Not that I won?t watch it if it?s on TV.

I wasn?t even sure that the entity even still existed.

I'm shocked and disappointed at the lack of school spirit and enthusiasm in this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow I'm watching Hercules with Lou Farigno, not even his own voice. This is one bad movie.

Regardless, Go Blue.

That's wrong.

Ok. There are 68 teams in the NCAA bracket and 32 in the NIT. When the NCAA had 16 teams in the bracket in the days of Cazzie Russell, I can see that the NIT probably had some quality teams in it.

Not even all the NCAA qualifiers are all that.

I saw a stat that over the last 10 years, we're tied for 2nd place as the winningest program in the NCAA tournament.

Gonzaga is 24-9; we're only 1 win from being ahead of them at 23-8, along with UNC.

Then Duke, Villanova, Kansas, UK, and MSU (16-9)

I saw a stat that over the last 10 years, we're tied for 2nd place as the winningest program in the NCAA tournament.

Gonzaga is 24-9; we're only 1 win from being ahead of them at 23-8, along with UNC.

Then Duke, Villanova, Kansas, UK, and MSU (16-9)

that's a nice consolation prize.

that's a nice consolation prize.

It's more than that... I enjoyed hours of cheering for my team making those Final Four runs, and also won a couple hundred bucks on tourney pools by picking my team along the way.

Any 7 pm EDST today, on the Deuce.

I?ll prolly tune at some point.

This is also the time of year they start to show hockey on TV.

Any 7 pm EDST today, on the Deuce.

I?ll prolly tune at some point.

This is also the time of year they start to show hockey on TV.

Big hockey fans & lapsed Catholics like you might be interested to know that the Pope just clarified the Church's new position, that hockey should be televised year round, and encouraged the creation of a Catholic hockey league to air when the NHL is out of season.

I think this is gambit to get more French Canadians back into the fold

qa

Big hockey fans & lapsed Catholics like you might be interested to know that the Pope just clarified the Church's new position, that hockey should be televised year round, and encouraged the creation of a Catholic hockey league to air when the NHL is out of season.

I think this is gambit to get more French Canadians back into the fold

Not a bad idea.

This isn?t the politics or religion board, right?

Too bad.

I would have a couple of jokes if it was.

I think on the sports boards, I?ll leave it as is.

Not a bad idea.

This isn?t the politics or religion board, right?

Too bad.

I would have a couple of jokes if it was.

I think on the sports boards, I?ll leave it as is.

You're a mod. you can move the post if you think it belongs elsewhere, right?

No game thread... for shame.

This is a terrible matchup for us.

Hopefully we can figure something out in the 2nd half.

No game thread... for shame.

This is a terrible matchup for us.

Hopefully we can figure something out in the 2nd half.

I think theWolverines24 is too disgusted by the events that have transpired to have been bothered to have started one.

You can start one if you want or we can just use this for anyone who wants to.

I missed the first half, but I?m going to watch the rest of the game.

Back